ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by javabytes
iPhone 6s Plus / Safari / iOS 10.2.1 / USA
Multiple hijacks in the span of several minutes.
Same exact hijacks still alive.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:55 pm

"Irritating hijacks continue, still no ability to back out of them - have to close the page and return to FT."

Same thing happens to me. Probably will stop using FT altogether on mobile because it's so consistent and frustrating.

I'm using a Galaxy S7 Edge / Chrome / USA
Attached Images  
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
And can I also say that posting really large screenshots of irritating ads is now becoming irritating in itself !
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:45 am

Agree with Silver Fox post #328. Flyer Talk has become unusable on mobile, hijack happens every single time. Does management not notice this happening themselves?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by dansachs
Agree with Silver Fox post #328. Flyer Talk has become unusable on mobile, hijack happens every single time. Does management not notice this happening themselves?
Moderators and possibly others get ad-free access!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by florens
Moderators and possibly others get ad-free access!
I guess that explains a lot. I think some of us would be less frustrated if someone from Internet Brands got on this thread and said they were working on the problem. It's lack of any feedback that is frustrating. Maybe they did, and I missed it?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 9:36 am

Nearly every time I'm on this board I get redirected and only on this forum. It has gotten to the point that when I log on Kaspersky gives me a possible scam site warning. When asked by the software if this is accurate I send Kaspersky a yes, with the redirects always going to scams.

Last edited by ROCAT; Feb 19, 2017 at 9:44 am
Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
And can I also say that posting really large screenshots of irritating ads is now becoming irritating in itself !
Indeed, if you have screenshots, please do what I did..

Use:

So that it hides the image for those scrolling by.

That'll be all.

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Feb 19, 2017 at 10:39 am
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Mancolt
"Irritating hijacks continue, still no ability to back out of them - have to close the page and return to FT."

Same thing happens to me. Probably will stop using FT altogether on mobile because it's so consistent and frustrating.

I'm using a Galaxy S7 Edge / Chrome / USA
Just got a Google warning about Www.nameok.win. on mobile. Of all the websites I visit, ft.com is the worst.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I think the level of feedback from IB within this thread says it all really.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I think the level of feedback from IB within this thread says it all really.
Agreed.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zitsky
Just got a Google warning about Www.nameok.win. on mobile. Of all the websites I visit, ft.com is the worst.
Gotten this one twice today complete with the Google red background warning signs.

And +1000 on the second part, FT is the only site I frequent that has these issues.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Duke787
Gotten this one twice today complete with the Google red background warning signs.

And +1000 on the second part, FT is the only site I frequent that has these issues.
Same and it's especially bad on mobile. Perhaps an ad agency needs to be left altogether. It's getting ridiculous.

If we cant get ads in order, we might as well just add a tax on Secret Santa or an entrance fee to large DOs. Seriously, these issues have been getting progressively worse over the last few weeks not better
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Indeed, if you have screenshots, please do what I did..

Use:

So that it hides the image for those scrolling by.

That'll be all.
That doesn't work if I'm uploading images using FT's attachments feature.

More annoying ads:
Attached Images   
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Wyse Cars Hire is pushing ads for car rentals. Reported both threads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.