Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Yachtman
Just to come back and say that these SkyBet redirect ads are getting worse, seems to be constantly redirecting on almost every page. Like others it's now becoming an unusable forum on the iPhone.
since a couple of days i (in Germany but also traveling e.g. Right now in Sweden) also get the disruptive redirect loops on my iPhone in the Safari over x sites before it ends up on the AppStore or a full screen add.... will try to capture the first add to load but it is tricky...
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
USA visitor, Nexus 6P running Chrome - I didn't grab a screenshot, but I got the mock Facebook ad (same as post 351) and was able to use my back button to return to FT. So, I guess that's progress...
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Hello all,

Although we have not been able to put a complete stop to these issues, we are reading this feed every day and trying to stay as on top of this as we can.

Thank you for your patience.
Here's a thought: until you have gotten on top of it, turn off ads for mobile users. Once you think you have it all sussed out, bring them back slowly and gauge feedback.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 9:11 am

http://de.trip2.bestconnect24.net/landing-page/

http://de.food2.mobilegirls24.com/content/

These ones are some of the offenders! Got me like 10 times in the last hour.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 10:45 am

More nasty redirects...

http://www.tkads.com/redirect?target=BASE64aHR0cDovL3RyYWNraW5nLmFkYWN0 aW9uaW50ZXJhY3RpdmUuY29tL2FmZl9jP29mZmVyX2lkPTExNj k3JmFmZl9pZD0xNzIwJnNvdXJjZT0xMWRoJmFmZl9zdWI9JmFm Zl9zdWIyPXc1NjE4UTJFUlFWRTgxUDNIVEw0OTNENiZhZmZfc3 ViMz1kaGd1bWNwaWlvcyZhZmZfc3ViND0xMWRoJmFmZl9zdWI1 PQ&ts=1488908623118&hash=jHLhDNdrCwXy60YyqbWz1h-ZDUsN1wgCseU2WrkxXzU&rm=DJ

and

http://click.mywondermobi.com/?utm_term=6394813790994563725&clickverify=1&utm_co ntent=c3fbc0c6c0caac9ca2909794a6919292babbd6b9cbbf bc848a83b080828185b5a7bdb889bf8f8cbc828380b186b584 c4eaebf4fcbedcf3f0e2e6e4f4e4bbb4dc8488c6e9ddddecde d0e3e0e192959180fafbc94d#
Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:12 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I notice you never replied to the question above. It has been pointed that the ads which you can not stop other by than changing provider are of illegal nature. Could you please confirm you do not condone data theft for the purpose of criminal activities and you are going to ensure this will not happen again ever ?
We will continue to try to screen the ads that are reported. But we cannot screen every ad before it hits the site, I'm afraid. Of course we do not condone any redirect ads of any kind.

Originally Posted by techie
Here's a thought: until you have gotten on top of it, turn off ads for mobile users. Once you think you have it all sussed out, bring them back slowly and gauge feedback.
This we can't do. We will do our best to provide the best, free mobile experience that we can.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:08 pm

We will continue to try to screen the ads that are reported. But we cannot screen every ad before it hits the site, I'm afraid. Of course we do not condone any redirect ads of any kind.
Considering that I have never gotten a redirect from any other non pirate mobile site I find this hard to believe.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:28 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
I concur, the action of IB do not support this statement.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
This we can't do. We will do our best to provide the best, free mobile experience that we can.
You can, but you won't. There is a difference. I would speculate that it is because mobile browsing is increasing and is also quite lucrative for advertising, so it provides a healthy chunk of your revenue. Instead of getting people to whack-a-mole bad ads for you and saying that you can't screen every one of them, why don't you switch to a different advertising partner?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by javabytes
iPhone 6s Plus / Safari / iOS 10.2.1 / USA
Multiple hijacks in the span of several minutes.
letgo ad is still a problem. (see quoted post for giant screenshots)
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
As I'm in the UK at the moment and receiving the SkyBet adverts with a variety of websites (even with a cleared cache) I've decided to submit a complaint about SkyBet to the Advertising Standards Commission, not sure if it will achieve anything, but its worth a punt (for want of a better word... :-)
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
FT should really get rid of those ads that hijack your mobile browser

Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:57 am

I find it hard to report these on mobile. Tried to get screenshots and lost it. Got url.

Originally Posted by techie
You can, but you won't. There is a difference. I would speculate that it is because mobile browsing is increasing and is also quite lucrative for advertising, so it provides a healthy chunk of your revenue. Instead of getting people to whack-a-mole bad ads for you and saying that you can't screen every one of them, why don't you switch to a different advertising partner?
Totally agree with this. +100 There are other travel sites out there. IB will only pay attention when a large enough group stops visiting the site.

Last edited by zitsky; Mar 13, 2017 at 8:23 am Reason: Added quote
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pewpew
Omg yes. That's really been annoying me lately.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by pewpew
I can only encourage you to complain to FT. If enough FTers complain, maybe Internet Brands will address the issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.