ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:09 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by Sealink
On the Trip Reports forum (and others, only just remembered to post!)

Pop up screen

Virus message

False history added
This has gotten worse and worse for me in the last few weeks. The site is practically unusable.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb

Browsing on a iPhone x in the UK currently one in every 2 links i click redirects to this URL:

http://data:text/html;base64,PCFET0N...9keT48L2h0bWw+
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:20 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by techie
Instead of the never-ending whac-a-mole, what is management's long term strategy to avoid all these bad ads plaguing the site?
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by kb9522

This has gotten worse and worse for me in the last few weeks. The site is practically unusable.
Same here, I can read maybe 2 posts (in one thread) on my phone in chrome before getting redirected. It's miserable.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly.
This already sounds bad. We're going to make the whack-a-mole more efficient, not get rid of the moles in the first place?
Mrp Alert and fransknorge like this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jrl767
more of the same ... interestingly, these popups only appeared when I was browsing Delta

iphone 6s running ios 10.3.1
I had the same tonight while on Android 8.1.0 (not necessarily browsing Delta). I had to uninstall/reinstall Chrome to make it stop.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Same issues as Post 732 (Four Virus) --- consistently worse in the last week or so only on mobile devices --- to the point that the site is not usable on my Android phone or tablet. BoardingArea.com had similar issues several years ago but they've fixed their issues. It's pretty commonplace --- my local newspaper's website (spokesman.com) had similar issues --- but they are now fixed.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
<redacted> There are years worth of complaints and it is still going on.

I will say it again, out of all the IB owned sites I go to, this is the absolute worst.
fransknorge likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 20, 2017 at 7:07 pm Reason: Overly personalized and argumentative bit removed
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt

Give us an ad-free option. I’ll even pay.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Are there options for other ad services that can be depended upon to not permit such intrusive ads?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by kb9522
Same here. I'm getting close to giving up on FT permanently. The site has become unusable with all the ads freezing up the site and crashing IE.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Main home page pops up with 2 pages. I press cancel before either will open. One is an App Store link and the other is a twitter link. I have tried reloading the site and still have the same issue. I’m running iOS 11.2.5 beta 1. No such issues with any other website.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Same here, I can read maybe 2 posts (in one thread) on my phone in chrome before getting redirected. It's miserable.
I totally agree ... can't read more than 2 posts before happens. I've fiddling with this for at least a week, tried various "fixes" but short of never visiting FT on my SG7 phone, nothing else has helped. For me, only happens with FT ...

Of note, I've skimmed 3pages if this forum and so far hasn't happened. Happens in the UA and DL forums which I frequent. Happens on Samsung Internet and Firefox for Android.

Has an ad-free FT membership ever been discussed?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by dorisrpas
I totally agree ... can't read more than 2 posts before happens. I've fiddling with this for at least a week, tried various "fixes" but short of never visiting FT on my SG7 phone, nothing else has helped. For me, only happens with FT ...

Of note, I've skimmed 3pages if this forum and so far hasn't happened. Happens in the UA and DL forums which I frequent. Happens on Samsung Internet and Firefox for Android.

Has an ad-free FT membership ever been discussed?
There used to be an ad-free paid options a number of years ago (I used to participate in it) but it was discontinued - I forget when. The idea of resurrecting it has been brought up in this thread before. Not sure IB is entertaining the notion or not. If not, they need to either clean this mess up or not be surprised when there are ramifications from it.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Audio ads all over the place today.

Plays for like 5-6 seconds and then stops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.