Search

DigiChat 4.0

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2002, 4:08 pm
EPS
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
DigiChat 4.0

FlyerTalk Chat currently uses DigiChat 3.5.0.622, which has some problems when accessed from a Mac OS X system (scrollbars disappearing, etc.). Digi-Net claims their new v4.0 "fully supports" Mac OS X.

Press Release

Has anyone tried the newer software yet?
Old Aug 22, 2002, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Speaking of chat I found it was weird in the past hour. Dropped me out after a couple of hours and now will not allow me back on claiming 'user ozstamps already logged on'. That has happened now and again before but always finally works. Rebooted computer and tried again just now. Same message. Used Netscape and IE. Anyone else getting strange things like that?

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Aug 22, 2002, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by EPS:
FlyerTalk Chat currently uses DigiChat 3.5.0.622, which has some problems when accessed from a Mac OS X system (scrollbars disappearing, etc.). Digi-Net claims their new v4.0 "fully supports" Mac OS X.

Press Release

Has anyone tried the newer software yet?
</font>
Yes, we upgraded our own chat servers with 4.0 today, EPS, you might want to test the chat on the www.digichat.com website, they are also running 4.0 and operate several chat rooms to test their products.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 9:11 am
dan at WebFlyer

We'll go check it out and see about upgrading...

UPDATE: We've been talking with DigiChat and they'll be upgrading our hosted chat early next week. They've said that there isn't any recoding necessary on our side, so the switch should be automatic when it happens. If anyone experiences login problems with the chat, let us know.

[Note: This message has been edited by flyertalk]

Old Aug 26, 2002, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any insight into which day this week Dan?

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Aug 27, 2002, 9:54 pm
mjm
Original Member

Just got a hang, and now not getting in at all. Looks like it is not too seamless for users.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 12:18 am

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
I hate to say "me too", but, well, "me too". Can't get into chat at all, just hangs on the connect screen.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 1:15 am
Commander Catcop

Make that THREE.

I gave up after 10 minutes.

Dan, could you post a general message to all of us when it's fixed? Thanks for all of your work on FT technical stuff.

Old Aug 28, 2002, 8:21 am
Community Director Emerita

There was an active chat session going on last night, when abruptly it terminated, dumping all of us. Two hours later, people were still unable to return to Chat. I just checked and was able to get in easily. Were we dumped at the point that the software upgrade occurred?
Old Aug 28, 2002, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's still the old version so it looks like a problem at Digichat caused it...
Old Aug 28, 2002, 12:44 pm
dan at WebFlyer

I spoke with DC this morning and they said that they should have all their hosted chats (such as ours) moved over to version 4 by this Friday. Last week they told me by this Monday, so who knows...

I had them reboot the chat environment to clear out some ghost accounts that were in there. It's probably going to be a little bumpy until they switch us all the way over...

Old Aug 29, 2002, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has been pretty flakey in past 7 days or so. Lots of folks getting dumped with no notice by reports on chat.

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Aug 30, 2002, 6:52 pm

Programs: Nowt
Was dumped out of chat at 7pm MST 08/30. It took nearly 10 minutes to get back in.

Are we all on Version 4.0 yet?
Old Aug 30, 2002, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
I just got dumped.
Old Aug 30, 2002, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
A big me too ( or 10 or 20). This has been consistently flaky for the last 10 days or so

Jan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.