Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DigiChat 4.0

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2002, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
About ten of us all got dumped in the past hour at once, and at varying stages thereafter.

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Sep 3, 2002, 12:24 pm
dan at WebFlyer

It looks like we're still on the old version, even though we were supposed to be upgraded last week.

I'll check with DigiChat again...

UPDATE: I've just been told they're still testing their hosted servers and it will be another few days until they upgrade.

[This message has been edited by dan at WebFlyer (edited 09-03-2002).]

Old Sep 11, 2002, 11:31 pm
EPS
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
I see we now have version 4.0.2.0.
Old Sep 13, 2002, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure about anyone else but private messages there are a bit of a hassle. Seems that a boxed message pops up on 50% of the typed reponses. Otherwise seems much the same, although today heaps of folks were getting booted off, much as usual.

------------------
~ Glen ~ Calling all United 1K Members - please join .. www.1Kflyers.com
Old Sep 13, 2002, 11:25 am
dan at WebFlyer

DigiChat may still be doing last minute testing... I just downloaded the new admin client for it, and it seems to function like the old one.

Let me know what types of problems you have with this new version. Try and be specific with your feedback, to make it easier for the techs at DigiChat to sort out. Thanks...

Old Oct 10, 2002, 3:47 pm
EPS
Original Poster

From today's MacInTouch:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Digi-Net released DigiChat 4.0.3, an update of its Java-based chat system. The new version provides improved compatibility with Mac OS X 10.2.1, private messages for ChatMaster, enhancements to the Commander broadcast function, and other changes.</font>
Old Oct 10, 2002, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
Today was the first time I've ever been prompted to load the IE_Client.cab. After letting it install, DigiChat doesn't come up and gives me the error:

An unknown error has occured while connecting to the DigiChat server. Please contact the administrator in charge of the site.

java.lang.Exception: HttpServlet address not specified

I haven't been on Chat since Monday Oct 7th. Just wondering if there were any changes and why my chat is dying out. I'm running Win2k IE Explorer 5.5

[This message has been edited by SFOJFK (edited 10-10-2002).]
Old Oct 10, 2002, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Randy was on chat starting 3 hours back.

Therefore 40,000 FT'ers are trying to log in I guess. I tried around 9 pm Eastern and zippo, since then. People must feel he knows something about flying and miles?

------------------
~ Glen ~ Calling all United 1K Members - please join .. www.1Kflyers.com
Old Oct 11, 2002, 9:23 am
dan at WebFlyer

It seemed to work fine for us, on Macs (os9, osX - NN / IE) and PC (Win98, NN / IE). If you're getting java exceptions, try rebooting your machine and clearing your cache. It could be that the particular Java version you have on your machine is buggy. We had about 50+ people in last night's chat, and all seemed to go well. It sure functions better from the admin side than the old one did.

SFOJFK, let me know if you continue to get those errors...

Old Oct 11, 2002, 10:53 pm
EPS
Original Poster

There has definitely been a change for the worse: the new applet is requesting "full permissions" (i.e. bypass all Java security mechanisms). No way am I going to grant that!
Old Oct 12, 2002, 5:56 am

Programs: QF Platinum
Upon attempting to log on I get a pop up window asking if I would like to install some somtware from Digi-Chat Corp. If I agree to the download it just hangs, but if I click no it just logs me on as per normal.
Old Oct 12, 2002, 6:27 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I understand your concern, EPS!

Ye I bit the bullet and went ahead!

It took me a bit longer to log into Randy's special chat the other night!

Thanks, in any case, for trying to always improve matters for us Dan!

-Mark
Old Oct 14, 2002, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
It's happenning again. I've cleared my cache and even reinstalled IE 5.5. It worked fine on here before. I need some help.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dan at WebFlyer:
It seemed to work fine for us, on Macs (os9, osX - NN / IE) and PC (Win98, NN / IE). If you're getting java exceptions, try rebooting your machine and clearing your cache. It could be that the particular Java version you have on your machine is buggy. We had about 50+ people in last night's chat, and all seemed to go well. It sure functions better from the admin side than the old one did.

SFOJFK, let me know if you continue to get those errors...
</font>
Old Oct 15, 2002, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Also, it appears that usernames with spaces in them get truncated after the first word. For instance, Jon Toner, was listed as "Jon" and Old Gold, came up simply as "Old".

Stangely enough, "Randy Petersen" worked just fine, as did "x at WebFlyer".

FewMiles..

------------------
[ FlyerTalkers' Resources on the Web ]
[ Unofficial Guide to AAdvantage ] [ Unofficial oneworld Info Desk ]
Old Oct 15, 2002, 10:42 am

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FewMiles:
Also, it appears that usernames with spaces in them get truncated after the first word. For instance, Jon Toner, was listed as "Jon" and Old Gold, came up simply as "Old".

Stangely enough, "Randy Petersen" worked just fine, as did "x at WebFlyer".

FewMiles..

</font>
FewMiles... it's a bug in Digichat. (Randy and Dan don't use the Digichat client to connect (they use the ChatMaster client), so it doesn't affect them).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.