Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DigiChat 4.0

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2002, 11:27 am
dan at WebFlyer

I'll get with DigiChat to see about the Java permissions issue...

Old Oct 15, 2002, 12:57 pm
dan at WebFlyer

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by EPS:
There has definitely been a change for the worse: the new applet is requesting "full permissions" (i.e. bypass all Java security mechanisms). No way am I going to grant that!</font>
DigiChat thinks that may be the verification message about trusting the signed certificate from them, which they recommend you do. I'm working on getting an unsigned version from them, which shouldn't require any action from you...

Old Oct 15, 2002, 12:59 pm
dan at WebFlyer

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FewMiles:
Also, it appears that usernames with spaces in them get truncated after the first word. For instance, Jon Toner, was listed as "Jon" and Old Gold, came up simply as "Old".

Stangely enough, "Randy Petersen" worked just fine, as did "x at WebFlyer".

FewMiles..
</font>
That may not actually be a DigiChat thing; it could be the script that we use to pass login information through FT records and into the chat (to verify that you're a registered FTer). I'll test that out...

Old Oct 15, 2002, 1:27 pm
dan at WebFlyer

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SFOJFK:
It's happenning again. I've cleared my cache and even reinstalled IE 5.5. It worked fine on here before. I need some help.</font>
I've added a tunneling applet to the login page to help out with that. DigiChat thinks you may be getting that error due to a firewall/proxy setting.

Old Oct 15, 2002, 1:28 pm
dan at WebFlyer

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by EPS:
There has definitely been a change for the worse: the new applet is requesting "full permissions" (i.e. bypass all Java security mechanisms). No way am I going to grant that!</font>
I've added the unsigned version of the login applet, which shouldn't require you to grant security permissions any more...

Old Oct 15, 2002, 1:46 pm
dan at WebFlyer

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FewMiles:
Also, it appears that usernames with spaces in them get truncated after the first word. For instance, Jon Toner, was listed as "Jon" and Old Gold, came up simply as "Old".

Stangely enough, "Randy Petersen" worked just fine, as did "x at WebFlyer".

FewMiles..
</font>
Yep, that was a script problem on our end; should be fixed and working properly now.

Old Oct 15, 2002, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Thank you, Dan, for the speedy fixes!

FewMiles..
Old Nov 19, 2002, 7:28 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
bump, it's happening again.... chat's full of

I
Jon
Village
etc....

Can you check the script?
Old Nov 20, 2002, 9:32 am
dan at WebFlyer

Yeah, I hosed it up again. I changed something else in the script and forgot to check for the whitespace thing. I've got it back to normal; let me know if it gives you any more problems.

[This message has been edited by dan at WebFlyer (edited 11-20-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.