Report FT SLOWNESS on this thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report FT SLOWNESS on this thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2000, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I've got a cable modem, so no timing out problems. But things are better now, after 6 pm MST. Seems any posts today have been frozen at 9:52/3. Any answers about these odd occurances today?
Old Jun 14, 2000, 10:01 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
I was on 64k ISDN yesterday....couldn't get at the site.....some graphic placeholders would load, but then all would time out.

Dorian
Old Jun 14, 2000, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
And at 9:44 MT it is starting to slow down again. Michael, what's going on? Please answer. I'll check the time problem posting to see if you've responded there. (Gawd, we're beginning to act like addicts whose drinks or heroine has been watered down...!)
Old Jun 14, 2000, 10:12 am
Michael at WebFlyer

Sharholder! I get you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'm working on the time issue at the moment and will get to the speed issue as soon as I can.

Thank you all for your feedback and for your patience.

------------------
ThanX...
Michael at WebFlyer

Old Jun 22, 2000, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congratulations Michael! We got through a Wednesday without the site bogging down and slowing to a snail's pace. You deserve a pint on all of us if Randy ever let's you escape from the House of Miles. Maybe he'll send you up to Montreal to join us next month, if he can't make it himself. Or at least to the Red Green show in Toronto in September. We'd like to meet the man behind the servers...

Than again, maybe you'd prefer Cancun this weekend!

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 06-22-2000).]
Old Jun 22, 2000, 8:44 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
the site was slow yesterday (as every Wednesday) from 6PM (GMT+1) to about 9PM (GMT+1)

but I was glad, that was I was not tempted to be on Flyertalk - this was just when the incredible soccer match Jugoslavia - Spain (European Championship) was played and televised: with the decisive two Spain goals in the last two minutes
Old Jun 22, 2000, 9:26 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 06-22-2000).]
Old Jun 22, 2000, 9:33 am
Michael at WebFlyer

Thank you Shareholder. I think overall it was a slightly more succesful Wednesday than we've had in awhile but we still have a ways to go. I'll keep on it until we have an adequate solution.

I really appreciate everybodys support and enthusiasm.

------------------
ThanX...
Michael at WebFlyer

Old Jan 24, 2001, 4:52 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
very slow site operation

Is all well with the boards... its taking me ages to load up the pages even though Im using a 512Kb connection.... does my use of a Winsock proxy cause any speed issues...??

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old Mar 6, 2001, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Slow site?

Thwe site seems slow taday. Anyone else?
Old Mar 7, 2001, 9:17 am
Michael at WebFlyer

nologic, how about today? Does it seem any better to you today? It's very fast on my end...especially compared to a couple of days ago.

Thanks for the feedback.

------------------
ThanX...
Michael at WebFlyer

Old Mar 7, 2001, 9:48 am

Originally posted by Michael at WebFlyer:
Does it seem any better to you today? It's very fast on my end...especially compared to a couple of days ago.

Thanks for the feedback.

YES!!! Really, a lot faster. Yesterday I couldn't even get back to the listings after viewing a post, it was so slow.

THANKS

Old Mar 8, 2001, 8:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Yes, much faster. I wonder if they actually did something or if there was an unexpected surge in volume.
Old Mar 8, 2001, 10:47 am

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Michael, today's a lot better (Thurs noonish EST). Thanks for all the work you guys do, btw! Even search worked okay.

------------------
"Service" should be a noun, not a verb.
Old Mar 8, 2001, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally posted by Michael at WebFlyer:
nologic, how about today? Does it seem any better to you today? It's very fast on my end...especially compared to a couple of days ago.

Thanks for the feedback.

Michael,
It is extremely slow loading up pages today. I have DSL with 1.2 Mbps download speed, and your site is crawling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.