Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE 2004-2018 FlyerTalk currently very slow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE 2004-2018 FlyerTalk currently very slow

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by cblaisd
...still happening in probably one click out of three -- 5 to 15 second page loads.
Starting about 4 minutes ago, every click is taking more than necessary time to load the page. Very frustrating.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:13 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
We're taking downtime this evening to address this. Hopefully this will take care of the slowness some members are experiencing.

Paul
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still very slow; ~15 seconds to load each page.

Not piling on, just adding another data-point.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:01 pm

Thank you -- checking with tech.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Slow again today periodically, especially when editing posts.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:06 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Same here... been that way all morning.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Slow again today periodically, especially when editing posts.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:34 pm

Tech is having a very difficult time reproducing this slowness. They've checked the site at every level they can think of and are seeing no hangs, or technical evidence of performance issues.

If you have something specific you can give them -- such as a particular action that's causing it, etc., I can pass it along. But they say they are running out of things to look at.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:42 pm

Can you all try clearing your FT cookies and see if it helps as it did for LRD above?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IBobi
Can you all try clearing your FT cookies and see if it helps as it did for LRD above?
Still really slow.

Cleared cookies/cache/history, started new browsing session, changed browsers - all to no effect.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:04 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
I should add that I use ....... on all my devices (PCs and android), so perhaps I'm blocking something that may be slowing-down others?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:05 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by LRD
I should add that I use ....... on all my devices (PCs and android), so perhaps I'm blocking something that may be slowing-down others?
I don't think that's the answer. I always have ....... on my FF but still encounter slowness of FT's own free will.

Tech is having a very difficult time reproducing this slowness. They've checked the site at every level they can think of and are seeing no hangs, or technical evidence of performance issues.
Sigh!

If you have something specific you can give them -- such as a particular action that's causing it, etc., I can pass it along. But they say they are running out of things to look at.
I don't do anything special or fancy on FT. Whenever it happens, I am just doing my normal stuff, clicking on links or reading/browsing/posting FT.

Other than providing Tech the timeframe when we run into random slowness on FT, can you please tell us what and/or how regular non-techie users can provide assistance for Tech to get to the bottom of this slow phenomenon?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Just now in the Marriott forum, doing a quick edit to correct spelling on a post I just made was extremely slow. BTW, the post was only a few lines long; I wan't doing extensive edits to a magnum opus.

Also, I don't get ads on FT. Could part of the slowness be due to certain ads being somehow taken out so that I don't see them? Just a thought given that ads were mentioned as a possible source of the problem elsewhere in this thread.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 11:35 am

Just now, FT was hanging badly, for several minutes, when I attempted a brief post in the Hyatt forum. The problem occurred with the post itself and then also with the "you will now be redirected to the thread" page that sometimes appears.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:25 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Just now, FT was hanging badly, for several minutes, when I attempted a brief post in the Hyatt forum. . .
MSPeconomist jogged my memory. . . When I posted in #25 that my slowness went away, I meant in "normal" (for me) operation - opening threads, switching forums, scrolling pages, searching, etc.

Posting (not a "normal" thing for me) is a whole 'nuther story. Unbelievably slow. In fact, my post in #35 timed-out on my android tablet; I had to shut-down my proxy server (a requirement for most non-rooted android devices running .......) in order to post.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:33 pm

Can those of you reporting slowness list:

1. Your device
2. Your O/S type and version
3. Your browser type and version
4. Time of day slowness seems to be worst (if any)
5. Are you using a proxy?
6. Are you running .......?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.