Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE 2004-2018 FlyerTalk currently very slow

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2014, 2:14 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Is this always happening in the evening? Any approximate time?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Uh, I've had no problem with slow. Is it an ipad thing?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:06 pm

I get extreme slowness from one ad, its the Citi AA Card Ad with the Turtle.

Ive selected "Always Ask" for Flash in Firefox and the browsing is much smoother. Those Flash Ads kill my speed.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Uh, I've had no problem with slow. Is it an ipad thing?

No, it's not. I often use my iPad, and it depends more on my data cinnection. Minf you, another configuration and browser than mine can make a difference. (Wiyh my iPad Air 2 I use Safari ang Chrome - Chrome seems faster.)
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I've been experiencing extreme slowness at times for a few days - sometimes it takes three or four minutes for pages to load. It was particularly frustrating to lose a post (which I spent a long time composing) after hitting submit reply and nothing happening and going back didn't work.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I've been experiencing extreme slowness at times for a few days - sometimes it takes three or four minutes for pages to load. It was particularly frustrating to lose a post (which I spent a long time composing) after hitting submit reply and nothing happening and going back didn't work.
I'm sorry to hear that. Can you tell me if there is a particular time of day you have tended to see the site slow down? And was there any particular activity (other than making a post) that you were doing when you got slow page loads?

Paul
Old Dec 9, 2014, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi
I'm sorry to hear that. Can you tell me if there is a particular time of day you have tended to see the site slow down? And was there any particular activity (other than making a post) that you were doing when you got slow page loads?

Paul
Sorry, I don't recall any specific times other than yesterday between approximately 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. HST (at the Admirals Club in in HNL). Then around 5:00 things were back to normal. The slowdown was with getting any page to load.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 9:38 am

I'm on a very fast internet connection and the forum has been borderline unusable for me on both Firefox and Chrome consistently over the last two weeks. I finally downloaded ....... for Firefox and it now loads lightening fast.

Thanks,

John
Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
A number of times I've composed a long complicated post only to get a blank screen with some grey FT-type borders when I hit "Psot Quick Reply." It's very frustrating and I never know whether the problem it the wifi network flickering on and off or whether it's a FT problem. I don't see the same problem doing other things, such as email, on the same network.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
A number of times I've composed a long complicated post only to get a blank screen with some grey FT-type borders when I hit "Psot Quick Reply." It's very frustrating and I never know whether the problem it the wifi network flickering on and off or whether it's a FT problem. I don't see the same problem doing other things, such as email, on the same network.
Exactly. When everything else is lightening fast and FT is as described in the thread title, it's kind of obvious. However, until the other day, I hadn't lost a post.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:56 pm

Have you noticed a particular advertisement on the page when the load is very slow?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Horribly slow for most of today and getting worse. My email seems to be loading normally so I don't think this is the result of too many people shopping on line today.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:42 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Happening again.... Intermittent page loads of up to 15-20 seconds
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:43 pm

Post Quick Reply sometimes takes several minutes for a few lines of text.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:53 pm

Browser type and version, device type, etc. of those seeing slowness?

Also... do you see any particular ad on the page each time you get a slow load?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.