Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE 2004-2018 FlyerTalk currently very slow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE 2004-2018 FlyerTalk currently very slow

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2004, 1:44 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Unhappy ARCHIVE 2004-2018 FlyerTalk currently very slow

Getting into any forums on FT Miles is VERY, VERY slow right now. Once inside a forum seems to be fairly normal speed.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 3:28 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cblaisd:
Getting into any forums on FT Miles is VERY, VERY slow right now. Once inside a forum seems to be fairly normal speed.</font>
Same here, and I thought it was my computer.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM, DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Avis CHM, National VIP
Glad it's not just me. Also, kept getting an error message when I tried to get into the AA forum - I'm able to get in now, but it's VERY slow.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
FT is crawling today, and it is not my computer because the rest of the web seems normal!
Old Feb 23, 2004, 5:00 pm
dan at WebFlyer

Tim found a lot of corrupted files in TravelBuzz which were slowing things down. He's corrected those files, so the board should be back to normal; seems to be flowing well at this end.

Old Feb 23, 2004, 5:15 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Thanks! All speedy again
Old Feb 25, 2004, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Intermittently but significantly slow again this morning all across FT.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I demand a refund!!

Uhh, I mean, I hope that Dan and the other capable FT staff can get the old rickety bus working again long enough to see FlyerTalk through to the new BB software. Good luck guys.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 2:47 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dan at WebFlyer:
Tim found a lot of corrupted files in TravelBuzz which were slowing things down. He's corrected those files, so the board should be back to normal; seems to be flowing well at this end.</font>
Sorry to say it's really SSSSLLLLOOOOWWW again. Just a heads up.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 4:09 pm
dan at WebFlyer

There were some corrupted threads in OMNI slowing things down.

Old Feb 25, 2004, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's working again!

Thank goodness we've restored the sanctity of FlyerTalk!

d
Old Feb 25, 2004, 4:36 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Some weird things going on...replies vanishing (happened to me when I was trying to post), parts of posts or whole posts disappearing (happened to gleff's post in the "Inappropriate Moderation" thread in the ORP forum), a thread showing a last reply at 2:40 p.m., but the last reply when you actually go into the thread is at 4:07 a.m. (and yes, I cleared my cache, deleted all offline content and did a forced reload... this is the thread, in MilesBuzz: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...9504-24.html), also, a thread showing two pages, but then an error message when you click on the second page (again, the "Inappropriate Moderation" thread in the ORP forum)...strange, strange

[This message has been edited by attorney28 (edited Feb 25, 2004).]
Old Feb 25, 2004, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
It's probably going to be up and down as we progress through this recent particular lunar phase.

Please be patient while we contact our psychics to ensure the planets align so we can provide the best FlyerTalk experience to the community.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Been very slow for me the last 10 minutes or so.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 2:18 pm

Programs: Adrift in a sea of FF programs
FT Miles in general seems very slow but especially the AA forum (I can access Milesbuzz, In the News). Haven't tried the other airline forums (fora?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.