Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Moderator must approve post / approval queue / my post doesn't show / is missing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Moderator must approve post / approval queue / my post doesn't show / is missing

Issue: Posts by new members not appearing until they are approved by a Moderator, or "disappears".

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

As you can well imagine, Flyertalk gets a LOT of spam - our spam protocols put any post by a new member containing an image or a web link into a moderation queue for approval. (This may sound imprecise to the reader, but we prefer not to state how many posts must be made before posts that meet the parameters for approval are not intercepted and sent to a moderation queue).

In fora with moderators, the moderation notification goes to the forum moderators; in fora without assigned moderators, the notification goes to all (four) senior moderators. As moderators are all volunteers, most of who also work and travel, it can take a bit of time - though our intent is to intervene as quickly as possible, in a forum with, say, one moderator, it can take time.

Posts from new members likely to end up in a moderation queue:

. . . • Posts containing a URL / web link
. . . • Posts containing a graphic image or IMG link
. . . • Posts containing certain key words
. . . • Posts quoting a post containing a web or image link
. . . • Posts quoting other posts with links
. . . • An approved post with link that gets edited

Ask a question, make a comment or make a reply without an included web link or image, your post will normally appear immediately. Once you have a few posts on FlyerTalk, you can include a web link or image without the post going to the moderation queue (of course, it's still subject to FT standards and being moderated).

We do apologize for this inconvenience, but we've found this helps identify and suppress hundreds of spam messages every month you never are subjected to because of the filters.

And if you come across a spam, misplaced or inappropriate post, we appreciate your notifying the Moderators by using the "Alert a moderator to this post" function, by clicking on the button that appears at the left of every post.

Issue: My post has gone missing!

Posts may "go missing" for various reasons:

. . . • A post that was approved and cleared out of the moderation queue was edited - which will return it to the queue and "make it disappear"
. . . • Posts violating the Rules
. . . • Posts quoting or replying to post violating the Rules
. . . • Posts were moved to a more appropriate thread or forum (moved threads will leave a trailing link in the old forum)

You may contact the Moderators by using the Private Message system or by using the "Alert a moderator to this post" function, by clicking on the image (red edged white triangle with exclamation point at the centre) that appears at the left of every post.

Moderator note instructions: Moderators can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zach46290
I also made 2 posts today, one in the ANA forum and one in the Alaska forum and both said they were pending even tho they did not have any image or a link and its been over 12 hours and still not approved. I'd appreciate if someone could look into it.
As below. Be patient.

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
<snip> Welcome to FT

Moderator are volunteers and will get to your post. They also may be in a different time zone and/or working, travelling & family life etc
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Welcome to Flyertalk. All of our moderators are volunteers, and it's possible that the NYC forum moderators have been caught up in life or that your post was overlooked in the moderation queue.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I also made 2 posts today, one in the ANA forum and one in the Alaska forum and both said they were pending even tho they did not have any image or a link and its been over 12 hours and still not approved. I'd appreciate if someone could look into it.
I’ll notify I’ve notified the Senior Moderators, who have cross-forum privileges, of your posts.

All Moderators are volunteers, so the respective forum Moderators May be traveling, etc.

JDiver

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 21, 2018 at 9:40 am
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:37 am

Ty, I appreciate it.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:41 am

Ty, I appreciate it.
You’re welcome. I see it has been done.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:54 am

Ya the ANA post was approved, still waiting on the Alaska one.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:44 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
FYI it is the newness of your account and the small number of posts you have made that causes this. It is an antispam measure, and our volunteer moderator team can only work so fast to get non-spam posts approved.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:58 am

The Alaska forum Moderators have been contacted with a request to check the Moderation queue.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:03 am

It's only been about two hours or so, but would appreciate it a lot if a mod could be given a heads up! Have some questions about flights to Thailand before I complete my booking. Thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:22 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Originally Posted by AvidT
It's only been about two hours or so, but would appreciate it a lot if a mod could be given a heads up! Have some questions about flights to Thailand before I complete my booking. Thanks.
I approved your post so that it is visible to the Community. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
I approved your post so that it is visible to the Community. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
Thank you so much! Looking to book ASAP so I don't miss any deals haha.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 8:19 am

I posted something yesterday on the "Will my award waitlist clear? Master thread 2019" for Cathay Pacific..The post hasn't appeared yet. It has been 9 hours or so. I read that the post should appear within a few hours. It didn't contain a link or anything. Is there a way to know if the post is pending approval, approved or not approved?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:47 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by yaseenk2002
I posted something yesterday on the "Will my award waitlist clear? Master thread 2019" for Cathay Pacific..The post hasn't appeared yet. It has been 9 hours or so. I read that the post should appear within a few hours. It didn't contain a link or anything. Is there a way to know if the post is pending approval, approved or not approved?
Hi Yaseen,

I have reached out to the moderators of that forum and asked where your post stands.
JDiver and yaseenk2002 like this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: SQ KF
Hi there,

I posted a thread in the Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer forum around 11-12 hours ago.
While I understand things are moderated, given I haven't seen it appear (and I know moderators are volunteers), was it actually submitted for moderation, or is it simply in the queue?

Thank you for your time.

9VSKI
JDiver likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:32 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by 9VSKI
...was it actually submitted for moderation, or is it simply in the queue?
It is one and the same. The mod needs to look at it and make sure that it is a legitimate post. This happens with low post count members, particularly if there is an active link in the thread. I'm sure it is frustrating so I went and found it. Normally I leave it to the mod for the forum, but in this case I've approved the post in hopes of getting you some answers.

Carol
Community Director
JDiver and TWA884 like this.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 9:52 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Dear moderators,
I am a new user and I tried to post to the relevant thread and it says I have to wait for a moderator to approve it.
I know it can take some hours to get it approved but can I get the whole message of my post if not approved so I can make the necessary changes to it?

Time is of the essence for this particular issue so I'd really appreciate if you could approve or get back to me ASAP.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.