Flyertalk can't seem to remember last viewed post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk can't seem to remember last viewed post

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Yes, I am experiencing it in several threads — and while it is a minor inconvenience, I simply employ my workaround to this issue.
Your link simply takes me to the top of this very thread . . . another artifact of the issue, I suspect
Old Oct 12, 2011, 2:24 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by PorkRind
Your link simply takes me to the top of this very thread . . . another artifact of the issue, I suspect
That is bizarre — the link works for me...?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Canarsie
That is bizarre — the link works for me...?
And me if you need a sanity check
Old Oct 12, 2011, 3:17 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by PorkRind
The original link will only work for those who have the same pagination options as Canarsie (which is obviously not everyone).

The proper way to link to a specific post is to grab the URL from the post number, like this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16849477-post184.html

Or you can use a link like this, that will show the post in context of the thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...l#post16849477
Old Oct 12, 2011, 4:51 pm

Good to know that the issue with the link to Canarsie's post was separate from the issue I reported.

Clearing my cache seems to have cured things.

For now.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
This an extremely frustrating issue. I can't believe IB is taking this long to fix it.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:19 am
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Rest assured it is in our tech queue to be resolved -- we haven't forgotten about this!

Paul
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:48 am

Hi IBobi

It is now a month since your last post, and I continue to have some probelms with a few specific topics. What is happening?

It is interesting for me to note that my very first post on this topic was eight months ago.

Thanks
Ron
Old Dec 12, 2011, 6:52 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by lewinr
Hi IBobi

It is now a month since your last post, and I continue to have some probelms with a few specific topics. What is happening?

It is interesting for me to note that my very first post on this topic was eight months ago.

Thanks
Ron
Can you list which threads it is happening with?

I assume you saw Dick's last post in August about clearing your cache, yes?

FYI this problem was resolved for the majority of users in August; the issue raised in October is a re-emergence of a resolved problem -- not the same one that you first reported in April (though it's the same thread). Just so we have our timing straight

At this time I am counting only 5 FTers -- including canarsie, who's using a workaround -- who are reporting this issue.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IBobi
Can you list which threads it is happening with?

I assume you saw Dick's last post in August about clearing your cache, yes?

FYI this problem was resolved for the majority of users in August; the issue raised in October is a re-emergence of a resolved problem -- not the same one that you first reported in April (though it's the same thread). Just so we have our timing straight

At this time I am counting only 5 FTers -- including canarsie, who's using a workaround -- who are reporting this issue.
This is one thread for which it happens consistently for me:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...es-merged.html
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Suddenly started having a variation of this problem tonight. No new unread threads now, but I'll do some testing and analysis tomorrow when some threads with new unread posts threads pop up.

Using Chrome (latest) on WinXP SP3. Will see if I can duplicate in IE/FF/Safari and check on Safari and FF on Mac OS 10.5, too. (That's a lot to test...will see if I can get to that all! )
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:23 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I've had this problem on and off with different threads for months now. When it does happen, I clear (only) my cache and it goes away instantly.

It would seem it's still the same problem debugged earlier in this thread (the redirect being cached).
Old Dec 17, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: A few
It has started recurring for me too. Right now this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post17494230

Always goes to post #109. I am using FF 8.0.1 on Max Os/x Lion

There are other problem threads too but this one I keep noticing
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by jackal
Suddenly started having a variation of this problem tonight. No new unread threads now, but I'll do some testing and analysis tomorrow when some threads with new unread posts threads pop up.

Using Chrome (latest) on WinXP SP3. Will see if I can duplicate in IE/FF/Safari and check on Safari and FF on Mac OS 10.5, too. (That's a lot to test...will see if I can get to that all! )
Stopped happening the next day on the same browser on the same computer, so I didn't bother testing on other browsers/computers.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The 'Go to first new post' link always brings me to the same post in the thread!

I'm subscribed to a lt of threads. Most of the subscriptions seem to work fine. One, however, seems always to bring me to a particular post instead of to the latest post.

When viewed from the My Flyertalk page, the link for this thread that displays with the alt text of "Go to first new post" always takes me to the same post in the thread, #2221. Checking now, that link is this. When I click on the link I am taken to this link. HELP!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.