Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP and Star Alliance Gold benefits when travelling on cheapest Economy ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP and Star Alliance Gold benefits when travelling on cheapest Economy ticket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:17 am

Likewise - if you enter your *G details when checking in, the system automatically lets you add a bag for free. There's also been times I've been at the airport (EWR in particular), where the check-in agent has offered to let me check in two bags for free. This has been traveling on the cheapest discount fare.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by keneshhagard
According to the above --- "Discount" is their cheapest fare, which has no bag allowance.
To be 101% clear on this, Discount does absolutely give a checked bag to TAP Gold and Star Gold members. It's not as clearly stated as I have put in every part of their website, but it is stated in several places in flytap.com, and this is an extremely well known part of TAP offering, it hasnlt changed in recent years, and I can't see anyone having any difficulty availing themselves of this concession.
Old May 14, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus, Marriott Lifetime Silver, SPG Platinum
I just flew TAP with *G and got the 1 extra bag in a basic fare
Old May 14, 2022, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by keneshhagard
I just flew TAP with *G and got the 1 extra bag in a basic fare
As you should based on first hap information throughout this thread that states the same. Thank you for your report
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Originally Posted by Palal
The T-3 seat "bug" is actually an official feature.
Fast Track is on my BP (A3*G) but my wife was not allowed to use it (no status, same PNR) at FAO. I also had this problem at LIS a few years ago. I guess it is correct but super annoying as the fast track is one of the major benefits on short-haul.

confirm:

discount + *G = 1 bag for me, 0 for wife
no seats available for free (€25 for eco xtra each segment!)
Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:33 am
SCS

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Bags, yes; seats, no. Though they can be helpful sorting out good options for *G at the gate.
Would you please elaborate about seats at the gate? Is this a matter of opening up seats that were blocked during OLCI? Because otherwise I would imagine the better seats would already have been assigned by that point. But maybe I’m missing something.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SCS
Would you please elaborate about seats at the gate? Is this a matter of opening up seats that were blocked during OLCI? Because otherwise I would imagine the better seats would already have been assigned by that point. But maybe I’m missing something.
If you've been allocated a duff seat you've been unable to change online or at check-in, gate agents have been known to help. It's not an enshrined benefit, not something you should feel entitled to, just a little kindness that's occasionally brightened my day.

Clearly only unassigned or unclaimed seats come into play.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.