Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

What about a separate "Mistake" fare forum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What about a separate "Mistake" fare forum?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2005, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spiff
I think Mileage Run is still the appropriate place for mistake fares. They meet/exceed all the criteria for posting such fares therein.
I agree.

With two fora, people looking for potential MRs have to look in two different fora for the same information.
Old May 19, 2005, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
There's only one way to jumpstart this new forum..

My guess is a new thread posted in MR will be moved to FF. Do that once or twice and it will be like Pavloffs dogs. Or in plain english, (or should I say plane english) , seek and ye shall find.
Old May 19, 2005, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Spiff
I think Mileage Run is still the appropriate place for mistake fares. They meet/exceed all the criteria for posting such fares therein.
Randy, I totally agree with Spiff on this issue. MR is IMHO the place for these mistake fares, and there is no need for an additional forum. Perhaps a slight change to the MR title that would read Mileage Run and "Once in a Lifetime" Fares would be appropriate.
Old May 20, 2005, 12:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Doesn't Talkboard have the charter for determining if new forums are to be opened?
No, it does not.

TalkBoard is an advisory board only. It has no authority to establish a new forum nor can it prevent a forum from being established. It merely makes recommendations to Randy.

Additionally, Randy can establish forums without any recommendations.

In the case of the new "Fare Factor" forum, for example, it was not discussed by TalkBoard and the first I learned of it was when I saw it here yesterday.
Old May 20, 2005, 1:55 pm

I don't mean to be a PITA but
Originally Posted by dhammer53
There's only one way to jumpstart this new forum..

My guess is a new thread posted in MR will be moved to FF. Do that once or twice and it will be like Pavloffs dogs. Or in plain english, (or should I say plane english) , seek and ye shall find.
there is a thread on AA's fare error in MR right now as well one in the BA forum, both of which are up to 4 pages. Shouldn't they be moved to the new 'Fare Factor' forum? (At least according to the forum description?)
Old May 20, 2005, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by whlinder
I don't mean to be a PITA but

there is a thread on AA's fare error in MR right now as well one in the BA forum, both of which are up to 4 pages. Shouldn't they be moved to the new 'Fare Factor' forum? (At least according to the forum description?)
I cannot even find the Fare Factor forum right now. Strange.
Old May 20, 2005, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just tried moving it into the Fare Factor forum & couldn't find it just now - but it was there this morning
Old May 20, 2005, 5:52 pm

I believe the LON-CLE thread was just about to be moved had Fare Factor not disappeared.

If the thread have been moved to Fare Factor, I think that would have been very confusing. I booked one of these fares and it's certainly a mileage run to me. I am doing LHR-JFK-MIA-ORD-CLE-ORD-MIA-JFK-LHR with an eight hour overnight in CLE - possibly less if I go standby on the 6am CLE-ORD flight. I'm definitely in it for the miles and will probably see very little, if any, of CLE. To have that thread moved, after so much discussion would be like taking away the ART/LEB thread and moving it away from the Mileage Run forum too.

If the fare had a huge minimum stay (like SEA-FCO with 6 days, then yes, [i]maybe[i] it can go into that other forum), but for a weekend fare with a saturday stay with an MPM routing that has no MPM surcharge - that's definite mileage run material... just look at all the connections people have... RDU, MIA, etc, etc. I say maybe because, really, there's no rule that mileage runs have to be immediate turnarounds - nothing wrong with going SEA-LAX-JFK-IAD-AMS-FCO, right? For fares that offer no miles, then yes, I can see it being posted/moved to Fare Factor, but there really aren't that many of those.
Old May 22, 2005, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
So what did happen to the Fare Factor forum? It wasn't around very long.
Old May 22, 2005, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by linsj
So what did happen to the Fare Factor forum? It wasn't around very long.
It's likely that RP changed his mind and pulled it.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 4:52 pm

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
mileage run is a forum for a certain purpose. mistake fares really dont fit into it. also, cheap fares needs a place too. when someone may ask about a cheap fare from US to somewhere, they may get ignored, but there really is no specific place for it. you could post on each airline forum, but that doesnt really fit either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.