FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What about a separate "Mistake" fare forum?
Old May 20, 2005, 5:52 pm
keithguy

I believe the LON-CLE thread was just about to be moved had Fare Factor not disappeared.

If the thread have been moved to Fare Factor, I think that would have been very confusing. I booked one of these fares and it's certainly a mileage run to me. I am doing LHR-JFK-MIA-ORD-CLE-ORD-MIA-JFK-LHR with an eight hour overnight in CLE - possibly less if I go standby on the 6am CLE-ORD flight. I'm definitely in it for the miles and will probably see very little, if any, of CLE. To have that thread moved, after so much discussion would be like taking away the ART/LEB thread and moving it away from the Mileage Run forum too.

If the fare had a huge minimum stay (like SEA-FCO with 6 days, then yes, [i]maybe[i] it can go into that other forum), but for a weekend fare with a saturday stay with an MPM routing that has no MPM surcharge - that's definite mileage run material... just look at all the connections people have... RDU, MIA, etc, etc. I say maybe because, really, there's no rule that mileage runs have to be immediate turnarounds - nothing wrong with going SEA-LAX-JFK-IAD-AMS-FCO, right? For fares that offer no miles, then yes, I can see it being posted/moved to Fare Factor, but there really aren't that many of those.