Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motion Passed: Create a Chase Ultimate Rewards Forum

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I think it makes sense. There's a ton of Chase-related info out there, be it through Ultimate Rewards, Sapphire, Sapphire Preferred, etc. Chase is a very travel-oriented bank it would seem, not to mention their UA, BA, WN, Marriott, Hyatt, etc. cards.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:45 am

I vote Yes, given the sheer number of travel related products Chase has in the market.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:39 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
For those asking for yes or no votes, would you mind expanding on your reasoning a bit?

As a TB member, I am on the fence.

Pros:
  • The Chase programs and cards are huge, popular and complicated
  • Earning and spending strategies are myriad
  • No one wants to be the idiot who wastes hard-earned points

Cons:
  • The program is popular today but could be a ghost town by next month
  • Some 'clever' tips and tricks talked about may cause the program to close the 'clever' approaches (of course, that talk still takes place in existing threads anyway)

Are there pros and cons I am not thinking of?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kokonutz
For those asking for yes or no votes, would you mind expanding on your reasoning a bit?

As a TB member, I am on the fence.

Pros:
  • The Chase programs and cards are huge, popular and complicated
  • Earning and spending strategies are myriad
  • No one wants to be the idiot who wastes hard-earned points

Cons:
  • The program is popular today but could be a ghost town by next month
  • Some 'clever' tips and tricks talked about may cause the program to close the 'clever' approaches (of course, that talk still takes place in existing threads anyway)

Are there pros and cons I am not thinking of?
I've read the arguments for yes in the other thread, but I'd like to know why some people have stated here that they are neutral or against the motion.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'm against it because I believe it is a passing fad.

There was a time the Diner's forum was quite active, and then they changed the program to exclude some pretty big redemption partners, such as CO. People transferred their points and gave up the card. The forum died.

I suspect this may happen to a Chase forum as well.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:20 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
I think that it would be a good idea. Considering the number of rewards cards that Chase has it makes sense. Just like there is a separate section for American Express, Chase should have it's own.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
i would want a chase forum but i would also say the credit card forums should be moved to be listed under miles buzz and before hotels deals, this will stop may people with credti card questions from posting in the miles buzz section, too many peopl dont scroll down to find the credit card forum
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:44 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by particlemn
i would want a chase forum but i would also say the credit card forums should be moved to be listed under miles buzz and before hotels deals, this will stop may people with credti card questions from posting in the miles buzz section, too many peopl dont scroll down to find the credit card forum
That is one situation in which it would be nice to have more than one path to a given forum (or even to a given thread). I don't believe the software currently has such a capability, though.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:48 am

I think any program has a risk of "dying". How long does it have to be around before the risk is considered minimal? 5 years? 10 years? Chase UR has been around a few years already and seems to be growing, not diminishing. No, you're never going to have zero risk of it becoming a ghost town, but Chase seems committed.

For the Diner's Club example, even though it's not as active as some of the other forums anymore, does that mean it was never helpful at some point?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
In consideration of the many Chase cards with mileage benefits, I think it is a good idea.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:30 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ok2uselane
Yes, it would be nice to have all the Chase credit card info in one place.
Originally Posted by joshwex90
I. Chase is a very travel-oriented bank it would seem, not to mention their UA, BA, WN, Marriott, Hyatt, etc. cards.
Originally Posted by 678flyer
I vote Yes, given the sheer number of travel related products Chase has in the market.
Originally Posted by afmiami
In consideration of the many Chase cards with mileage benefits, I think it is a good idea.
Note that the proposal is specifically for an Ultimate Rewards forum, not for a Chase forum. Chase co-branded cards (BA, UA, WN; Fairmont, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott; Amtrak) would still be primarily discussed in the sponsoring airline, hotel or rail forum, just as American Express co-branded cards are primarily discussed in the sponsor forums.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:51 pm

I vote yes
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
I vote yes, similar to the MR forum.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
I vote yes
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:59 pm

Yes to Chase UR forum!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.