Search

Motion Passed: Create a Chase Ultimate Rewards Forum

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by 100countrygoal
At the last Chicago Seminars, as an example, UR's were the primary topic of conversation. There were many, many more ideas given for UR's vs. MR's.

I think there is huge interest in further UR discussions, and it would be nice to have those conversations here.
As someone who was swiping credit cards for the charity raffle at the last Chicago seminar event, Chase UR cards & Starwood Amex were the 2 top cards being swiped, so it doesn't surprise me that there were a lot of discussions re: UR.

Cheers.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:56 am

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
I vote yes.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crabbing
3 or 4 threads.
links to 3 or 4 threads, and how long are they?
(if i missed links earlier, no need to repeat)

i also didnt search UA forum for example, if stuff doesnt get moved out

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
last Chicago seminar event
subset of FTers
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri

subset of FTers
Last Chicago Seminar event had 450 FT/MPers attending. I was just relating my experience, that when swiping c.c. for the charity raffle ($10K raised from raffle ticket sales! ^) that Chase UR cards & Starwood Amex were the 2 top cards used for the raffle tickets so it doesn't surprise me that there were many discussions at the seminar re: UR and my guess is that will hold true at this year's seminar event as well.

I've voted yes on this.

Cheers.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:30 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Yes vote from me,.

1)I think it would be easier to navigate "Miles Buzz" if it weren't so cluttered up with Chase questions
2) For newcomers to UR, there are many questions. I got my first UR card less than 6 months ago, and even with avid, daily FT reading, I've had some very basic questions that are hard to search out.
3) I don't think you're going to "hide" any information from Chase simply because there is a forum instead of multiple threads
4) I wonder if the new forum should be called "Ultimate Rewards Cards from Chase" or something along those lines. It seems confusing to call it "Chase" and then expect people to know that only UR posts belong there.
5) UR and other portal shopping opportunities are a fantastic way to boost points earnings, especially for people who are unwilling or unable to churn cards. These programs are somewhat quirky, and sharing experiences helps others know what to expect.

Last edited by StartinSanDiego; Mar 17, 2013 at 9:44 am Reason: Added data points
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:37 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
While I don't have a dog in this hunt* and have pretty much been on the sidelines because of that, I have voted yes as I see more pros than cons

*only 1 CC for me as being out of work, all the others have met the shreddah**

**that's shedder for those of you not from The Hub Of The Universe
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:11 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
After re-reading everything posted on this subject, I voted Yes. That's no surprise to anyone, but I wanted to be confident of my choice.

I believe that FT members will find value for themselves and provide additional value to other members with this categorization. It will also allow members who are not interested in UR to participate in a credit card forum which is free of UR discussions.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: WN
Yes, absolutely.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 1:47 pm

Absolutely - find myself using my CSP more and more with the seemingly continual changes at AMEX.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:51 pm

Vote yes for ULT RWDS Forum

Originally Posted by pawtim
Seems like a good idea to me.
You have my vote
Can't beat ULT RWDS
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:20 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Yes I would support a Chase UR forum.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:00 pm

Programs: United Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Yes to UR forum
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:03 pm

yes i'd like to see a Chase UR Forum
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Chase seems to be THE player in CC's. Yes to a separate forum.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Chase Ultimate Rewards Forum will pass...

In accordance with the guidelines that means we'll announce if a motion has passed or failed once enough yes or no votes have been recorded by TB members, this is the public notice that this motion will pass as it has secured 6 yes votes.

Please note that not all TB members have voted yet, and so a final announcement with who voted yes/no will not be posted until all 9 have voted or the voting period ends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.