Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [F/HON] ZRH lounge, let's see whether Dec. 6 will be the day...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2008, 6:25 pm

[about the new SEN lounge]

Been there on Friday 18th (April): the "old" Swiss lounge is still a HUGE mess.

The bar upstairs was fine, but all the rear area downstairs (the one that had the computers and the second buffet) is closed, making the lounge definitely cramped.

Let's hope to see something new soon...
Old Apr 25, 2008, 3:49 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
LX should also consider to open up a lounge in Dock E, there is enough space available on the top level and this would enable to spread out the crowd and prevent the main SWISS lounge to be less crowded and also the Bellevue lounge. As an example LH also has various lounges at MUC and FRA airport and no only on main lounge.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 2:53 pm

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by Hennessy
The new SEN-Lounge is planned to open just before EURO 2008. I would not bet that it is already finished by now....
It did not look finished on Thursday (you can see the mess, when you enter/exit the FCL).
Old May 1, 2008, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by alfahund
It did not look finished on Thursday (you can see the mess, when you enter/exit the FCL).
I'd assume it'll be at the end of may one or 2 weeks before the Euro will begin
Old May 7, 2008, 5:55 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by LXA350
I'd assume it'll be at the end of may one or 2 weeks before the Euro will begin
The new SEN lounge is opened now from Monday this week. But this lounge is now used also as the Business lounge, because of the refurbishment of the old lounge.

The business class lounge should be open now at the beginning of the EURO 2008 (7. June 2008) and then the SEN lounge is really a SEN lounge.

The refurbishment is really nice !! ^
Old May 7, 2008, 6:46 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
The ZRH F lounge reviewed by Business Traveller Magazine, not that I believe this adds anything particularly useful to the first-hand accounts already posted here.
This confuses me:

WHO CAN USE IT? Swiss and Lufthansa first class passengers, Miles and More members with HON Circle status and first class passengers who are flying Swiss as an operating carrier. The lounge is open from 6am to 9.30pm.
What is the difference between Swiss and Lufthansa first class passengers on one side and first class passengers, who are flying Swiss as an operating carrier on the other side?
Old May 7, 2008, 7:54 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
What is the difference between Swiss and Lufthansa first class passengers on one side and first class passengers, who are flying Swiss as an operating carrier on the other side?
If I understand this correctly (and I am not sure I do), this means that lounge access is granted for passengers
a) holding a F ticket for an LX or LH flight number, irrespective of operating carrier
b) flying F on LX metal, irrespective of flight number on the ticket

Makes sense?
Old May 7, 2008, 8:48 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by airoli
If I understand this correctly (and I am not sure I do), this means that lounge access is granted for passengers
a) holding a F ticket for an LX or LH flight number, irrespective of operating carrier
b) flying F on LX metal, irrespective of flight number on the ticket

Makes sense?
Yeah, the codeshare nonsense is back. I always forget that.

Makes sense now. ^
Old May 8, 2008, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by szg
The new SEN lounge is opened now from Monday this week. But this lounge is now used also as the Business lounge, because of the refurbishment of the old lounge.

The business class lounge should be open now at the beginning of the EURO 2008 (7. June 2008) and then the SEN lounge is really a SEN lounge.

The refurbishment is really nice !! ^
I'd gues at peak times this is very crowded now. Will the new Business Class lounge be as big as the former Business FTL / SEN lounge?

I still think it would be nice if LX would also have a SEN and FTL/Business lounge at Dock E. OS and LH also have more than one lounge area at FRA and VIE respectively

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.