FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   New [F/HON] ZRH lounge, let's see whether Dec. 6 will be the day... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/764598-new-f-hon-zrh-lounge-lets-see-whether-dec-6-will-day.html)

San Gottardo Dec 5, 2007 11:37 am

New [F/HON] ZRH lounge, let's see whether Dec. 6 will be the day...

I am traveling from ZRH tomorrow morning to FRA. If they kept the deadline, the new lounge should be open by then.

However, given that no press release has been published, I don't believe that it'll be ready by then.

On verra, I'll keep you posted

San Gottardo Dec 6, 2007 5:31 am

... postponed until December 15th.

To be fair, when I walked past the building site this morning, it actually did look like progress. The reception desk was there, and the GVA-like stone wall as well. The PA accompanying me to my flight also told me that they have a new catering concept. Four menues to choose from, real tables.

Let's see, as it so happens I'll be there on December 15th as well. ;)

f4freeJunior Dec 6, 2007 5:54 am

Originally Posted by creber (Post 8842868)
I am traveling from ZRH tomorrow morning to FRA.

If you would have used the lounge meeting thread we could probably have met this morning. I was there too...
Next time ;)

San Gottardo Dec 6, 2007 6:19 am

I actually never use that lounge meeting thread because my times change very often.

In case you were there between 7.32am and 7.35am: I was the tall guy with the blue coat slightly hurried to catch my 7.50am departure to FRA. Kudos to the lounge staff for remaining super calm and getting me a car to drive me to the tarmac right away.

Next time thus. For me probably tomorrow (Friday) around 5pm.

airoli Dec 6, 2007 7:10 am

Thanks for the update. I'll be there on the 15th, departing to MAD at 7am. Maybe we can have a look together?

San Gottardo Dec 6, 2007 7:17 am

Originally Posted by airoli (Post 8847522)
Thanks for the update. I'll be there on the 15th, departing to MAD at 7am. Maybe we can have a look together?

Great as it would be meeting you again (how is your "old passion" coming along?) it will be later for me, around noon.

You'll probably be one of the first FTers to sample the new lounge. Congrats!

f4freeJunior Dec 6, 2007 8:50 am

Originally Posted by creber (Post 8847320)
In case you were there between 7.32am and 7.35am: I was the tall guy with the blue coat slightly hurried to catch my 7.50am departure to FRA

I landed ard 6am from YUL and went straight to the arrival's lounge. So I didn't see you "accidently". Dommage.

DELLAS Dec 6, 2007 10:48 am

Where abouts is the new lounge in relation to the current ''Swiss Lounges''??

SleepOverGreenland Dec 6, 2007 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by creber (Post 8847183)
... postponed until December 15th.

Was in there today as well (arround noon). PA told me about Dec 15th as next try, but said she (and most of her co-PAs) doesn't believe it yet. More likely the grand opening will be around new year.

I will not be back before Jan 10th at ZRH, then it should be open finally.

jason8612 Dec 6, 2007 3:37 pm

I will be flying via ZRH to LHR on the 15th. What is this new lounge?

airoli Dec 7, 2007 1:11 am

Originally Posted by creber (Post 8847558)
You'll probably be one of the first FTers to sample the new lounge. Congrats!

Unfortunately not - as without you, they probably won't let me in given that I'm a lowly SEN. :(

SleepOverGreenland Dec 8, 2007 3:28 am

Originally Posted by jason8612 (Post 8851074)
I will be flying via ZRH to LHR on the 15th. What is this new lounge?

New First Class Lounge for First Class Pax and member of HON Circle.

CGK Dec 16, 2007 4:11 am

The new First and HON Circle was opened yesterday, 15th December 2007. I am in the lounge right now. I must say, do not expect too much. Not to the level of FRA FCT nor FCL. Running out buffet food. ;)

jason8612 Dec 16, 2007 5:25 am

I really enjoyed the ZRH business lounge. Nothing better than spicy chicken, soup and a lot of booze :D
One of these days Ill have to use the F (when I fly F of course ;))

CGK Dec 17, 2007 12:24 am

I just posted some pictures of the new F/HON ZRH lounge in here.