Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New [F/HON] ZRH lounge, let's see whether Dec. 6 will be the day...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2007, 11:56 am

I was passing through today between 1600 and 1700. Well, seems like they still need to finetune...The chef was off duty , so no warm food available. The buffet only had one type of olives and one sort of cheese cubes, dried tomatoes. no bread, no crisps, no nuts, no nothing. The girls were a bit shy as well. But the receptrion ladies charming as ever...
So, next week a new attempt to eat at ZRH´s FCL.

yapak2
Old Dec 29, 2007, 2:59 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Greetings from ZRH Swiss First Class Lounge.
Checking about menu which was posted by FRANK_MIA (post #26). I arrived about 1035am. The buffet area were for breakfast offering. No eggs like in FCT/FCL. I asked for the menu. The answer was for lunch, no menu. Lunch will be the three warmers like what had been posted by tcswede. And the menu will be available after 1800. That's the answer from the two guys who work at the dining area.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 3:13 am
CGK

Lunch:
- Salad and bread
- Salmon and potato
- Macaroni and brocolli
- Meat and mushroom

Champagne:
- Taittinger Prestige Rose
- Saint Evremond
Old Dec 29, 2007, 3:21 am
CGK

I am confused here. The persons who serve drinks/meals, or the food/drink floater, never asked me anything... but they are pouring drinks, asking what to get, to the other caucasians pax around here. Sorry for being pissy, but it's very noticeable because I am sharing the sitting areas with the two American ladies who got asked all the time by the food/drink attendant!
Old Jan 15, 2008, 6:40 am

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I didn't find any information:

I have a LH flight in C from ZRH to FRA and an onward connection FRA-GRU in F (O). Can I use the new F lounge in ZRH showing my onward F BP?

Thanks very much in advance!
Dave
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:23 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by dave125
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I didn't find any information:

I have a LH flight in C from ZRH to FRA and an onward connection FRA-GRU in F (O). Can I use the new F lounge in ZRH showing my onward F BP?

Thanks very much in advance!
Dave
YES. Did the same 2-3 weeks ago on a flight through MUC.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:51 am

Programs: LH SEN
Wanted to check out the new Sen lounge, but still not finished. Too bad.

Anyway, went to the Sen lounge in Terminal B (Swiss lounge was too crowded) and enjoyed the Sandwiches
W
Old Jan 15, 2008, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Hennessy
YES. Did the same 2-3 weeks ago on a flight through MUC.
Thank you for the fast (and positive ) reply!
Old Feb 12, 2008, 3:48 pm

Programs: LH, IHG
New Pre Flight Dinner Menu (after 6:00 PM)

This is the new pre flight dinner menu (available after 6:00 PM) as of February 2008

Vorspeisen - Starters

Winterlicher Salat mit Kürbiskerndressing und Birnenspalten
Winter Salad with Pumpkinseed Dressing and Pear Slices

Carpaccio con Bresaola, Grana e Rucola
Small Slices of Beraola Ham with Ruccola Salad and Parmesan Cheese

Chaumes, Camembert,Téte de Moin und Gruyére mit Traubensalat
Chaumes, Camembert, Téte de Moin and Gruyére with Grape Salad

Suppen - Soups

Mulligatawny mit frischem Koriander
Mulligatawny with fresh Coriander

Klare Tomatenessenz mit Safrangarnelen
Clear Tomato Soup with Saffron Prawns

Gemüse "Pot au Feu" mit Meerretich
Vegetable "Pot au Feu" with Horseradish

Hauptgänge - Main Courses

Gnocchis mit Shitake-Pilzen auf pikanter Mango-Sauce
Gnocchis with Shitake-Mushrooms on a zesty Mango-Sauce

"Charninia Engiadinaisa"
Kalbfleischgeschnetzeltes an Thymian-Pilzrahmsauce, Polenta Bramata und saisonalem Gemüse
"Charninia Engiadinaisa"
Diced Veal with creamy Thyme-Mushroom Sauce, Polenta Bramata and Seasonal Vegetables

Ragout Fin im Vol au Vent
Ragout Fin in a Vol au Vent

Desserts - Desserts

Exotische Früchte als Gratin mit Limonensorbet
Exotic Fruit Gratin with Lime Sorbet

Warmer Schokoladenguglhupf mit marinierten Sultaninen
Warm Chocolate Ring Cake with marinated Sultanas

Bergeller Marronimousse mit Kirsch
Purèe of Chestnut flavoured with Kirsch

Auszug aus der Getränkekarte - Beverage Selection

Champagner - Champagne

Taittinger Brut Rose
Saint-Evremont Brut

Weisswein - White Wine

2006 Chardonnay du Valais, Clavien Sion (CH)
2005 Fumé Blance, Beringer, Napa Valley (USA)
2005 Marani, Sartori Verona (ITA)

Rotwein - Red Wine

2006 Pinot Noir de Sion, Clavien Sion (CH)
2005 Rioja Riserva, Baron de Ley (ESP)
2003 Shiraz, Wolf Blass (AUS)
Old Feb 13, 2008, 1:04 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Frank_MIA
This is the new pre flight dinner menu (available after 6:00 PM) as of February 2008...
Very Swiss German, please spare my arteries LX needs to align with LH F terminal offers and provide a more diverse menu which doesn't just assume that people travelling F want a swifter exit (from this mortal coil...)
Old Feb 13, 2008, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Very Swiss German, please spare my arteries LX needs to align with LH F terminal offers and provide a more diverse menu which doesn't just assume that people travelling F want a swifter exit (from this mortal coil...)
Indeed, LX F lounge is not on par with LH F lounges. Actually, the Swiss F lounge is nothing more than what "normal" lounges used to be 15 or 20 years ago. Of course, "normal" lounges went democratic which makes Swiss' current offering stand out. But it's a missed opportunity.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
New F class lounge in ZRH - overall disappointing

The new lounge has been open now since December, and I've used it many a times. Just this week three times. I start building my conclusion about how I like it.

First, it's definitely better than before. But that's not hard.

Rather, many of us have been spoiled by the F class lounges in MUC and FRA and the FCT, and thus expected a similar experience in ZRH. Well, no...

What's good (i.e. better than expected):
  • The airline staff at the front desk is exceptional. Professional, curteous, solving problems. Aboslutely great, and I'd dare to say even a tad better than the staff at Lufthansa's First class shops
  • There is a view on the tarmac
  • There is real food, there is a restaurant area
  • Numerous power sockets, swisscom WLAN (for those with an Unlimited Data Card), and free cable internet through the sockets
  • I've never seen it crowded. "Well visited", maybe, but never crowded like FRA or MUC can be.

However, what disappoints me:
  • The setup is quite boring... just groups of brown sofas, not the mix of seating style and arrangements one has in MUC or FRA. As a result, it feels somewhat less cosy, one hears every phone conversation of every neighbour
  • The selection of newspapers and magazines is actually quite small, and I even wonder whether it isn't smaller than in the old lounge (where's my Economist gone?)
  • Food: small choice, often not fresh, quite unclear what is being served and what is on the buffet, tiny details missing (no sugar pots on table, no place to leave used teabags on the buffet). And they seem to love that buffet, so much so that I wonder why they have the tables, a menu and a waiter service. When you ask for fresh scrambled eggs they stare at you. Explaining to them that the ones on the buffet are there since three hours and just not tasty anymore leaves them in a state of wonder.
  • And what's the worst: the service personnel. I know it's hard to find well-trained service personnel in Switzerland, and I know that LX operates the lounge on a tight budget. But they really went a bit too far. Most of the staff are German, which is not a problem as such, but it means that usually they don't speak any other language than German and English. They usually don't understand Swiss German, and don't speak French at all. This was unheard of in the "old" LX world, let alone SR. Sure, I can get by pretty well in German, but it bothers me that the airline for all of Switzerland has become a place of high German as its only "domestic" language (et encore...). They are not attentionate at all. Service is slow, not well trained, plenty of errors in orders, and the only thing they seem to care about is the buffet. Yesterday, due to cancellation and then delay of my flight, I was sitting in front of two emptly plates and a glass of spilled juice for two hours. They passed by, but never had the idea of actually clearing them away. Not quite the first class restaurant they want to be...

In the LH lounges there is a possibility to leave a feedback form. When I'm going through the LX lounge later this afternoon I'll check whether they have that as well (haven't seen anything yet). And if not, I'll drop a word to the LX reception crew, who are always exceptional and also are very good at remembering people and addressing them by name upon every visit.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by creber
Most of the staff are German, which is not a problem as such, but it means that usually they don't speak any other language than German .....
Hmm, gone to a hospital in Switzerland lately ?
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:53 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by creber
[
However, what disappoints me:
[*]And what's the worst: the service personnel.
Well, this describes unfortunately a basic problem in most restaurants in switzerland. Many nice evenings with excellent food has been degraded by bad service, badly trained personnel, wrong food, not even understanding german etc.
Of course there are exceptional and wonderful restaurants in Switzerland on all price ranges, but you have to know them.
W
Old Feb 16, 2008, 2:03 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
I really don't see the problem with someone talking to you in German or English. German is still one of the "official" language of the country....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.