Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:22 am

It was the first time I've experienced it. Will bring my passport with me at all times from now on, so it won't happen again. Hope that guy get a really boring job somewhere where he can't do damage once his position is made redundant by automatisation

One thing I noted (completely non-connected to the immigration issue) is that since last week / two weeks ago, the "Go to Gate" displays won't properly work anymore.

Been (for a European Non-Schengen flight) at the D lounge. Reached D area 20min prior to departure, with boarding not yet having commenced. Thought, well, fine, 5min in the lounge won't hurt then. Checked into the lounge, monitor in view. "Go to Gate", staying all the way till 5min before departure (it was the Gate closest to the lounge) so I should have been "safe" just leaving when it shows "boarding".

Well, guess what, suddenly there is an announcement for no less than 7 people to head to the gate immediately - and 7 people (incl me) rush out of the lounge towards the Gate.

Complains (not just by me, but by everyone) were brushed aside very rudely by the staff.

Now, on Monday I've seen a sign at the E lounge that basically said to ignore the "go to Gate" display and rather be at the Gate 20min before departure (or very similar - didn't made a picture of it)

So, just as a warning, the "Go to Gate" display could (possibly not always?) be misleading at the moment.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Renovated A and the amazing E lounge make ZRH now double as awesome as far as lounges go. I love it. The E lounge is one of my all-time favs worldwide. Is the A lounge just for SEN/J or also *G?
Nic33 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:04 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Renovated A and the amazing E lounge make ZRH now double as awesome as far as lounges go. I love it. The E lounge is one of my all-time favs worldwide. Is the A lounge just for SEN/J or also *G?
There are three lounges in A: The First Class Lounge for HON and First pax, the Senator Lounge for Senators and *G and the Business Lounge for Business Pax and FTL.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:49 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
SEN lounge soon for SEN only and *first - wishful thinking ?

Originally Posted by Nick Art
There are three lounges in A: The First Class Lounge for HON and First pax, the Senator Lounge for Senators and *G and the Business Lounge for Business Pax and FTL.
With the hope that *G will be soon sent to the normal still excellent Business lounge. This will enhance SEN benefits as its is a high value *G status more difficult to attain than most others. SQ does the right thing in SIN, except that they should threat better their own elites.

SEN lounges tend to become a zoo with people having whatever *G card.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by behuman
With the hope that *G will be soon sent to the normal still excellent Business lounge. This will enhance SEN benefits as its is a high value *G status more difficult to attain than most others. SQ does the right thing in SIN, except that they should threat better their own elites.

Being a ZRH based soon to be *G and not SEN (exactly because it is easier on other carriers) I do not support that :P
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: Miles and More
Is it really true that access to the new Business / Senator Lounge in Terminal A in ZRH is restricted to Senators and business class passengers flying LX, as stated on the Swiss homepage?

Link

Lounge details

• AccessBusiness Class SWISS, Miles & More Senator
  • Opening times Mo-So 05:30-22:30
  • LocationTerminal A

This would mean that *G and business class passengers on * Airlines other than LX would have to use the D or E lounges.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by olivier
Is it really true that access to the new Business / Senator Lounge in Terminal A in ZRH is restricted to Senators and business class passengers flying LX, as stated on the Swiss homepage?Link

Lounge details

• AccessBusiness Class SWISS, Miles & More Senator
  • Opening times Mo-So 05:30-22:30
  • LocationTerminal A
This would mean that *G and business class passengers on * Airlines other than LX would have to use the D or E lounges.
I don’t think this is right. The list just seems incomplete. Normally F pax as well as HON should also be listed.
And as per above not even LH Business or M&M Frequent Travelers would have access.
I think the list is just incomplete. (I really do hope so)

Last edited by Nick Art; Jul 4, 2018 at 1:39 am
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:10 am

Swiss website is notoriously wrong/incomplete, especially on lounge access. I'd bet my car that it's the same access rules as in E.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by behuman

I entirely agree with you (and speaking as EBD with SK), the facility (Business/SEN lounges) to implement such change is there and surely it would be a welcome move amongst SENs. Agreed also on most lounges leaning towards the zoo environment these days, something that I thought would have only been possible with KLM and its renowned (for all the wrong reasons) Crown Lounge(s), which I try to avoid like the plague (even though not always possible due to my employer paying for my travel, which often doesn't leave much room in terms of choice, let alone by saying "Please don't book me on KLM because of the ghastly lounges at Amsterdam" ).

G
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:34 am

Apparently the LX "facebook" contact just confirmed:

Hallo Patrick, der Zutritt in die SWISS Business und Senator Lounge A ist für SWISS Business Class und Miles & More Senator. Somit ist deine Aussage korrekt, als FTL ist der Zutritt leider nicht gewährt. LG Viktoria

Reads: The lounges in A are strictly only for Business class and SEN respectively. No access for *G and FTL.

In fact, this means that now *G (that's even worse than before during the lounge closure, where you could at least still get into the crappy replacement lounge or get a voucher) and FTL do not have access to any kind of Schengen lounge, and that it will stay like this.

We're talking about the home of the second biggest LH group carrier now basically having dropped FTL and *G completely from having lounge access, unless they want to arrive at the airport much earlier.

My guess is that they've either realized that apparently people had no choice and would continue to fly LH group anyway due to lack of alternatives with LH monopoly, or that Viktoria simply is as clueless as the other "Facebook" staff, who thought you could access the lounges even without a *A flight

The Business part must remain mostly empty then. Who flies Business within Schengen those days (especially without SEN/HON status) - not that many I'd say.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Apparently the LX "facebook" contact just confirmed:

Hallo Patrick, der Zutritt in die SWISS Business und Senator Lounge A ist für SWISS Business Class und Miles & More Senator. Somit ist deine Aussage korrekt, als FTL ist der Zutritt leider nicht gewährt. LG Viktoria

Reads: The lounges in A are strictly only for Business class and SEN respectively. No access for *G and FTL.

In fact, this means that now *G (that's even worse than before during the lounge closure, where you could at least still get into the crappy replacement lounge or get a voucher) and FTL do not have access to any kind of Schengen lounge, and that it will stay like this.

We're talking about the home of the second biggest LH group carrier now basically having dropped FTL and *G completely from having lounge access, unless they want to arrive at the airport much earlier.

My guess is that they've either realized that apparently people had no choice and would continue to fly LH group anyway due to lack of alternatives with LH monopoly, or that Viktoria simply is as clueless as the other "Facebook" staff, who thought you could access the lounges even without a *A flight

The Business part must remain mostly empty then. Who flies Business within Schengen those days (especially without SEN/HON status) - not that many I'd say.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!

I’ll check this friday and make sure. I think your facebook contact just used the swiss website as source, at least i hope so.

If not, please tell me where I can pick up your car.

Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I think your facebook contact just used the swiss website as source
Quite possibly. LOT also states on their website that the Elite lounge in Warsaw may only be accessed by M&M SEN/HON but then anyone with a Gold card is allowed in, sometimes they'll not even check (talking of zoo, you see people standing with their plates full of food trying to eat, noisy telephone conversations, queues at the food buffet etc.). However, the official policy is clearly stated on the website and that's I think what happened here as well with the Swiss Facebook Team i.e. they simply made reference to the website itself.

G
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Quite possibly. LOT also states on their website that the Elite lounge in Warsaw may only be accessed by M&M SEN/HON but then anyone with a Gold card is allowed in, sometimes they'll not even check (talking of zoo, you see people standing with their plates full of food trying to eat, noisy telephone conversations, queues at the food buffet etc.). However, the official policy is clearly stated on the website and that's I think what happened here as well with the Swiss Facebook Team i.e. they simply made reference to the website itself.

G
I never checked the website, but I distinctly recall that lounge having a Star Gold sign next to the entrance. How are the ZRH A lounges signed?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss
I distinctly recall that lounge having a Star Gold sign next to the entrance.
Good memory there.

And this is what the LOT website says:

LOT Elite Lounge is dedicated to:
  • LOT Business Class Passengers (intercontinental flights: USA, Canada, Japan, China)
  • Miles & More programme members with HON, SEN status level
G
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:08 am

So, right now we've:
-Website says no FTL, no *G
-LX official says: no FTL (no information about *G)
-Forum says: We got into the lounge as FTL/*G

Seems its just very, very bad marketing from LX, exactly what we're used from them.

Shame LX doesn't invest a little money in such an important area..

Guess I get to keep my car

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.