Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 1:51 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Silver, Executive Club Blue, Miles & More, Priority Club Gold, Skywards Blue
Originally Posted by loafyofbread
unfortunately 5K is taken would you still stick with 4K over any other seat in the back, larger cabin?
In my (small) experience, the mini cabin is much better, whenever you can secure a seat there.
Old May 31, 2013, 1:55 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
unfortunately 5K is taken would you still stick with 4K over any other seat in the back, larger cabin?
Try to do an online check-in as early as possible. While vacant, some of the better single seats are reserved and only get released at check-in; I snagged 4A on my last LX flight by checking in as soon as the window opened.

Also, I'd stay in the forward mini-cabin. I find it much more relaxing than the main cabin.

Last edited by ffsim; May 31, 2013 at 2:12 am Reason: Eliminated reference to HON members cuz I don't know what I'm talking about...
Old May 31, 2013, 2:03 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Silver, Executive Club Blue, Miles & More, Priority Club Gold, Skywards Blue
Originally Posted by ffsim
Try to do an online check-in as early as possible. While vacant, some of the better single seats are reserved for HON members and get released at check-in; I snagged 4A on my last LX flight by checking in as soon as the window opened.

Also, I'd stay in the forward mini-cabin. I find it much more relaxing than the main cabin.
+1, done the exact same on my way out and snagged 4A ;-)
Old May 31, 2013, 2:04 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
My favourite is 7K as I find the mini cabin claustrophobic, but most people seem to prefer rows 4 and 5.
Old May 31, 2013, 2:07 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by ffsim
While vacant, some of the better single seats are reserved for HON members...
Fortunately they are available to lowly SENs as well.
Old May 31, 2013, 2:12 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Fortunately they are available to lowly SENs as well.
Thanks, fixed it. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone
Old May 31, 2013, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My favourite is 7K as I find the mini cabin claustrophobic, but most people seem to prefer rows 4 and 5.
Agreed- I also find the mini cabin claustrophobic and often too hot as well.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:08 pm

Mini BIZ Cabin or BIG BIZ cabin?

Do you recommend the mini-biz cabin or is the larger BIZ cabin better?

We'll be in the two side-by-side seats in the middle.

BTW, we will also be flying this config from ZRH to DEL and also BOM to ZRH. Swiss has given us seats 5 D & 5 G both ways.

Any thoughts for a couple flying together with no pressing need for window view.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
LX Seating-thread

I prefer the mini cabin for overnights but the larger one for day flights.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingHi4Now
Do you recommend the mini-biz cabin or is the larger BIZ cabin better?

We'll be in the two side-by-side seats in the middle.

BTW, we will also be flying this config from ZRH to DEL and also BOM to ZRH. Swiss has given us seats 5 D & 5 G both ways.

Any thoughts for a couple flying together with no pressing need for window view.
I fly quite often with Ms. Travelsig in 5D/5G including on the ZRH/DEL flight- as other OP have noted the minicabin is excellent for night flights and the main cabin better for day flights. You could mix it up- on the outbound from ZRH use main cabin and on the inbound from BOM keep your 5D/5G as it is a night flight?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
I prefer the mini cabin for overnights but the larger one for day flights.
I prefer the mini-cabin in day flights because I also try to sleep 2/3 hours in these.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:12 pm

I got seat 12A which is a "throne" type seat upon OLCI for one segment of my flight. would you guys take seat 4k in the mini-cabin or 10k in the back cabin?

EDIT: I meant 12A rather than 12K!

Last edited by loafyofbread; Jun 5, 2013 at 1:59 am
Old Jun 5, 2013, 1:00 am

I got seat 12k which is a "throne" type seat upon OLCI for one segment of my flight. would you guys take seat 4k in the mini-cabin or 10k in the back cabin?
All K seats are single window seats but they are not "thrones", i.e. they don't have tables on both sides.

Although I prefer the main cabin I usually manage to get a seat towards the front of the cabin. I'd probably opt for 4K in this case. Note that even numbered K seats have the table by the window and only the armrest between you and the aisle.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 1:59 am

All K seats are single window seats but they are not "thrones", i.e. they don't have tables on both sides.

Although I prefer the main cabin I usually manage to get a seat towards the front of the cabin. I'd probably opt for 4K in this case. Note that even numbered K seats have the table by the window and only the armrest between you and the aisle.
my mistake, I got 12A instead of 12K. as of now, my day flight segment is on seat 12k while my connecting flight segment is a night segment on seat 4K.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 2:40 am

my mistake, I got 12A instead of 12K. as of now, my day flight segment is on seat 12k while my connecting flight segment is a night segment on seat 4K.
Or perhaps 12A?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.