Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by zkzkz
I'm torn. Seats 5A and 6G are both available. These seem to be the best seats available to me as a non-HON/Sen but I which is best?

Fwiw this is a relatively short day-flight (ZRH-TLV) not an overnight so I'm starting to lean away from the extra foot-space and toward 5A.
Not an easy choice, IMO. Do you want a window with no direct aisle access, or an aisle? Both have a neighbour in 5B or 6D. I would personally pick 6G, as I prefer direct aisle access, but you may want to hope that a neighbour in 5B does not recline the seat on a day flight, if you prefer the window.
Old May 16, 2013, 2:17 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Silver, Executive Club Blue, Miles & More, Priority Club Gold, Skywards Blue
Just done OLCI and managed to get 4A on my flight to Delhi, chuffed to bits !!!
Old May 21, 2013, 12:34 am

Programs: SK Gold
Originally Posted by rorschi
A340-300

Y: layout 2-4-2 (not yet tried out, source: LX-seatmap).
Best seats: 30ABJK (exit-row)
Avoid: Row 23 (limited legroom), Row 28 (next to the lav's).
As I recently looked for information about Y-seats and found the above in slight contrast to Seatguru (I guess FTers don't care too much about economy class ) I thought I should share my humble experience from row 23. I recently flew on the A340-300 and albeit legroom would be somewat restricted for 23 A, D,E and H, the seats B, C, F and G actually allows for passengers to slightly angle their feet and strech them into business class. Being 1,89m tall I actually managed to sleep in both 23F and 23G. As the seats are bulkhead seats there are no one reclining into you (yeay!). The seats are somewhat narrower, but should not be a problem for anyone who fits in a normal Y-seat.
Old May 21, 2013, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Can't choose exit row or bulkhead. Is 24A/B the best option for a couple considering this, A333?
Old May 24, 2013, 2:19 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by julmops
Just done OLCI and managed to get 4A on my flight to Delhi, chuffed to bits !!!
Same here a few days ago. Best. Seat. Ever.*

*not really the best seat ever when compared to F
Old May 28, 2013, 12:35 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Global, Miles and More SEN,
zrh-jfk in F with infant (on lap) 1D-1G or 1k-2K

Hi FT,

So we are going zrh-jfk with a 9 month old infant. We are thinking about seat options:
  1. Our first thought was 1DG, we sit together as a family but we don't get the bassinet which is only available in the K seats.
  2. We could take 1K 2K, both with bassinets but not sit next to each other.
  3. Lastly Swiss mentioned 1G and 1K, but they are far enough away that I don't think it would feel like sitting next to each other and we get a stranger in 1D. This is my least liked idea.

I confirmed we can take 1K 2K. Our clear first choice would be 1DG if they could put a bassinet in one of those for couples. They cannot.

I put this in the Swiss forum rather than travelling with children as it is relevant to Swiss F layout. I hope that is ok.

Any thoughts/opinions are very much appreciated. What would you do?

Kind Regards,

Bege
Old May 28, 2013, 12:46 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by begemot
Hi FT,

So we are going zrh-jfk with a 9 month old infant. We are thinking about seat options:
  1. Our first thought was 1DG, we sit together as a family but we don't get the bassinet which is only available in the K seats.
  2. We could take 1K 2K, both with bassinets but not sit next to each other.
  3. Lastly Swiss mentioned 1G and 1K, but they are far enough away that I don't think it would feel like sitting next to each other and we get a stranger in 1D. This is my least liked idea.

I confirmed we can take 1K 2K. Our clear first choice would be 1DG if they could put a bassinet in one of those for couples. They cannot.

I put this in the Swiss forum rather than travelling with children as it is relevant to Swiss F layout. I hope that is ok.

Any thoughts/opinions are very much appreciated. What would you do?

Kind Regards,

Bege
To my best knowledge the new first class should allow for bassinets at every seat since the bassinet is mounted to the seat and not to the bulkhead.
If this is not possible i would definitively go for GK, this will allow your little one to sleep/rest on the k side and you can have a nice dinner for two in the g seat.
Lastly, i would check again if LX allows 9month olds in bassinets, they are quite strict about weight and size and if the baby doesn't fit you'll have to have him/her on your lap.
Old May 28, 2013, 12:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by verve
To my best knowledge the new first class should allow for bassinets at every seat since the bassinet is mounted to the seat and not to the bulkhead.
What new first class?
Old May 28, 2013, 2:12 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Global, Miles and More SEN,
Originally Posted by verve
To my best knowledge the new first class should allow for bassinets at every seat..
If this is not possible i would definitively go for GK, this will allow your little one to sleep/rest on the k side and you can have a nice dinner for two in the g seat.
Lastly, i would check again if LX allows 9month olds in bassinets...
Thanks Verve, I'm going to double check, but they said they can only order a bassinet for K seats. So I suppose even if they can techincally fit, if you can't order one, you don't get one.

They also mentioned he can be up to 11 kilos in a bassinet. He will be under unless he starts eating McDonalds and Riesen Cordon Bleu.

My wife agrees with you on the GK but i still don't like the idea of someone next to me. Maybe I'm being too picky.

Originally Posted by RTW1
What new first class?
vs. 340s which have, well, an older first class.
Old May 28, 2013, 2:39 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by begemot
Originally Posted by RTW1
What new first class?
vs. 340s which have, well, an older first class.
ZRH-JFK is usually served by the A330 with the new First Class.
Old May 28, 2013, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Can't choose exit row or bulkhead. Is 24A/B the best option for a couple considering this, A333?
Bump
Old May 30, 2013, 1:28 pm

so I will be travelling YUL-ZRH-SIN in C early June and I managed to snag seat 4K earlier today on the ZRH-SIN leg noticing that it was freed up! seems to be a great/much recommended seat according to the reviews i've seen. was originally in seat 9G.

Last edited by loafyofbread; May 31, 2013 at 12:03 am
Old May 30, 2013, 10:37 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by loafyofbread
so I will be travelling YUL-ZRH-SIN in C early June and I managed to snag seat 4K earlier today on the ZRH-SIN leg noticing that it was freed up! seats to be a great/much recommended seat according to the reviews i've seen. was originally in seat 9G.
I had this seat last week from PEK to ZRH and it is nice, only 2 gripes, you can't lean at the window and your head is nearer to the isle. It is very quiet in the mini cabin and not much foottraffic from F to C. On the return I had seat 4A - the throne - it was excellent!
Old May 31, 2013, 12:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sl00001
I had this seat last week from PEK to ZRH and it is nice, only 2 gripes, you can't lean at the window and your head is nearer to the isle.
That's why I prefer odd-numbered K seats. You can lean against the window and with the arm rest down the seat feels wider.

It is very quiet in the mini cabin and not much foottraffic from F to C. On the return I had seat 4A - the throne - it was excellent!
First has its own galley in the front and Business galley is behind row 5. There's no need for foot traffic from F to C unless F passengers try to use a Business toilet.
Old May 31, 2013, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
That's why I prefer odd-numbered K seats. You can lean against the window and with the arm rest down the seat feels wider.
unfortunately 5K is taken would you still stick with 4K over any other seat in the back, larger cabin?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.