Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Probably not but it is always possible asking an Y pax if (s)he is willing to swap.

1C and 1D allow you to extend legs into the aisle, by the way.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: M&M 0*SEN (LH *G), TK *G, Accor Silver, HHonors Gold
Rows 5-8 unavailable

I flew LX 1273 yesterday from CPH to ZRH. It is my understanding that the first rows of the Y cabin are considered premium rows and only available for *G and above - please correct me if I'm wrong. I have been able to choose seats in these rows before.

This time they were not available. The lowest row number I could select was probably 9. The C cabin was rows 1-4 on this flight. And there was nobody sitting in rows 5-8.

Any ideas why they didn't use these rows? The flight was about 40% full. Could it be that they wanted to distribute the weight?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 4:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thumbun
SeatGuru indicates that 6K is a "bad" seat and that it is missing a window. How bad is it?
Originally Posted by MichielR
It is not bad and it has a window.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I agree. I've sat in 6K and it's one of the better seats with plenty of room for your legs/feet. It also has a window.
I was in 7K on the A340 yesterday and checked 6K and 8K carefully. In a way SeatGuru was right. 6K (as well as 8K) is missing a window. But they still have a window as well.

As you will see in this photo of 7K taken some time ago, one of the two windows by 8K is missing. Ditto for 6K. I've sat in 6K and didn't even notice one of the windows was missing partly because of the bulkhead wall and the shelf in front of the seat. In 8K it might be a little more noticeable.

BTW I could not lower the armrest in 7K but neither a male FA nor the Maître de Cabine seemed to know that it should be possible to lower it.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was in 7K on the A340 yesterday and checked 6K and 8K carefully. In a way SeatGuru was right. 6K (as well as 8K) is missing a window. But they still have a window as well.

As you will see in this photo of 7K taken some time ago, one of the two windows by 8K is missing. Ditto for 6K. I've sat in 6K and didn't even notice one of the windows was missing partly because of the bulkhead wall and the shelf in front of the seat. In 8K it might be a little more noticeable.

BTW I could not lower the armrest in 7K but neither a male FA nor the Maître de Cabine seemed to know that it should be possible to lower it.
I seem to recall that the armrest has a little button that allows it to be lowered? Or has my memory slipped a little as well ?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I seem to recall that the armrest has a little button that allows it to be lowered? Or has my memory slipped a little as well ?
It can be lowered by flipping the armrest slightly - however apparently not on the first few 333's that where delivered.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:54 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by verve
It can be lowered by flipping the armrest slightly - however apparently not on the first few 333's that where delivered.
Yes, according to the instruction card but it just couldn't be lowered. I was surprised neither the FA who tried to help me or the MdeC seemed to know that the armrest could be lowered and asked me if I had managed to do so before.

As you will see in this video (0:13) the armrest on the aisle side can also be lowered but this makes some people feel they are lying too close to the floor.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: AA (ExecPlat.), UA, DL, Hertz (Club Gold), Avis, Hilton (Diamond VIP), Starwood, Marriott

Thanks all for the info. Back from my quick trip to Europe. 6K was a perfectly lovely seat -- with a window. The flight from SFO to ZRH was wonderful -- great service and good. The flight home, however, was out of this world. Somehow I ended up in F in Seat 1A -- what a treat!!!
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: KL Gold SkyTeam Elite Plus - SEN M&M *G
Originally Posted by thumbun
Thanks all for the info. Back from my quick trip to Europe. 6K was a perfectly lovely seat -- with a window. The flight from SFO to ZRH was wonderful -- great service and good. The flight home, however, was out of this world. Somehow I ended up in F in Seat 1A -- what a treat!!!
Tell us more...!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AE*E, Hyatt Diamond, AAdv, BA Exec
Hi there
Wife and I + 8 month old infant will be travelling in C on the 330 (have done F and LOVED it!).

Have booked 5d&g. Recommend?
Old Apr 19, 2013, 4:35 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by toflyer
Hi there
Wife and I + 8 month old infant will be travelling in C on the 330 (have done F and LOVED it!).

Have booked 5d&g. Recommend?
You would have more space in 6 D & G (or 4 D & G). I wonder how you got these seats as "The Stübli" (no bassinets) is supposed to be infant free and 5 D is in general blocked for SEN/HON (the system may eject these assignments if made wrongly by a TA and status can not be verified).
Old Apr 19, 2013, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by behuman
You would have more space in 6 D & G (or 4 D & G). I wonder how you got these seats as "The Stübli" (no bassinets) is supposed to be infant free and 5 D is in general blocked for SEN/HON (the system may eject these assignments if made wrongly by a TA and status can not be verified).
Actually this photo I took some time ago suggests 4D/G are bassinet seats. Presumably 6D/G are bassinet seats as well.

Old Apr 19, 2013, 5:58 am

Programs: some
Actually this photo I took some time ago suggests 4D/G are bassinet seats. Presumably 6D/G are bassinet seats as well.

Its not possible to install bassinets in row 4 - the hooks on the bulkhead are missing. But there is also no policy to keep the Stuebli (rows 4 and 5) infant free.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 7:51 am

Bassinets are only installable in seats 6 A/D/K. However, under exceptional circumstances, passengers travelling with an infant may be allowed to travel in row 4.

Last edited by SR116; Apr 19, 2013 at 9:12 am Reason: Edited to correct bassinet seats in row 6 and 4
Old Apr 19, 2013, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SR116
Bassinets are only installable in seats 6D/G. However, under exceptional circumstances, passengers travelling with an infant may be allowed to travel in seats 4D/G.
I have been in the the little cabin when there are infants there.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:04 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I have been in the the little cabin when there are infants there.
Shock horror flying LX ! They gave away this opportunity to keep that small cabin peaceful .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.