Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to Swiss First Class Lounge in Zürich ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by chris63

19.35 is scheduled arrival time & departure time of 08.20 next day, so can make sense to eat in FCL & go to Radisson ZRH, on that itinerary maybe the OP had no intention of visiting Zurich.
Correct, didn't plan to go to ZRH, just grab a bite at FCL if available (which it apparently is), then go to an airport hotel (seems like Radisson Blue is the most convenient). Thanks all for the helpful comments.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by st530
Thank you. The comment about immigration assumed there was no arrival service offered for next-day connections, so the question, perhaps inartfully worded, was whether one arriving from BKK was forced to go through immigration before being able to re-access the airside terminal facilities. Evidently the answer is no.
There is a First Class Lounge in Concourse E, which is probably where you'll arrive from Bangkok. You can access the lounge there, without going through immigration. I am fairly certain that you'll need to go through securtity as BKK is not considered a "clean" origin. Once you are done with your dinner in the FCL, you'll then need to take the shuttle train from Concourse E to go to the Exit, and that's where you'll need to go through immigration. You won't have the "First Arrival Service", as you basically stay in Concourse E.

There is another FCL in Concourse A. The "First Arrival Service" takes you there, by picking you up in the jetway upon arrival. They'll drive you to Concourse A in a minivan together with the other F Class passengers, and once you arrive at A you'll need to go through immigration, but it's a "private" booth used only for people arriving/leaving from the FCL. You'll go through security in A, there is a private lane there. You'll then go up (lift, top floor) to the actual FCL. Going this way, you avoid having to take the little shuttle train.

In my personal opinion, FCL in E is much nicer than the one in A. More space, usually less people, windows all around the space, a nice terrace. Cooking is the same. And in E they don't have this silly background music from SRF Pop which gives to the FCL in A this distinct feeling of standing in line at the supermarket cashiers But A has the advantage of being close to the exit, and you'll get there by private transfer and through private immigration/security lanes.

I'd still recommend booking the Radisson at Zurich Airport, have dinner in town, and make full use of the FCL the next morning before your flight to PRG. It opens at 5.30AM if you're really eager
st530 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:02 am

As others have said, there are two parts to the terminal in ZRH. The main part has gates A, B and D, and the other part has gates E. The two parts are connected by a train that runs every few minutes.

Your flight will arrive at the E gates. You will arrive "unclean", which means that you need to go through security again if you are connecting. You have two options:

FCL E (nicer lounge, IMO: lots of natural light, tarmac views): when you get off your inbound flight, follow the signs for the E gates. You will go through a security checkpoint. Past security, follow the signs to the FCL. When you are done in the FCL, follow the signs to exit the airport. To exit, you will take the train to the main part of the terminal. When you get off the train, you will go through immigration, then you will reach baggage claim and the exit.

FCL A (easier, because of the welcome service for F): when you get off your inbound flight you will be met by a driver who will take all of the F passengers in a van to FCL A. When you get off the van, you will go through a private immigration and security checkpoint that is located on the ground floor of the main part of the terminal, underneath the FCL A. Once you have completed immigration and security you take an elevator up to the FCL. When you are done in the FCL, you walk to baggage claim and the exit.

If you decide not to go to the FCL on arrival, then it will be similar to going to FCL A, except after you are processed through the private immigration checkpoint you will skip security and instead get back on the van, which will drive you to baggage claim.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Will OP have access to FCL on another day after arrival? isn't it just the day of arrival, and then SEN/FTL on next day? Not sure.

Either way the plan to have dinner in FCL and then go to a hotel (whether airport hotel or city hotel, if cheaper) makes sense to me. You could definitely get better food in town, but FCL food is definitely decent and you don't have to worry about finding a restaurant and paying for your experience.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:42 pm

Correct, FCL access only on day of arrival.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Will OP have access to FCL on another day after arrival? isn't it just the day of arrival, and then SEN/FTL on next day? Not sure.

Either way the plan to have dinner in FCL and then go to a hotel (whether airport hotel or city hotel, if cheaper) makes sense to me. You could definitely get better food in town, but FCL food is definitely decent and you don't have to worry about finding a restaurant and paying for your experience.
If you have the means to fly F, you probably aren't concerned about paying for a meal. And it's not that hard to find good food in Zurich. Hiltl--there you go.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by sophialite

If you have the means to fly F, you probably aren't concerned about paying for a meal. And it's not that hard to find good food in Zurich. Hiltl--there you go.
Probably so, but there's always the odd person making a trip of a lifetime (or at least a trip of a decade) on long-saved miles. Plus if you like to wash down your food with copious amounts of bubbly, the balance could end up being quite high even for those quite well off.
Hiltl seems to be heavily advertised in Swiss onboard magazine, which could be good, but could also make a pax steer away. And it's vegetarian.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by San Gottardo

I'd still recommend booking the Radisson at Zurich Airport, have dinner in town, and make full use of the FCL the next morning before your flight to PRG. It opens at 5.30AM if you're really eager
Is the FCL still accessible the next day for an intra-Europe flight in C?

EDIT: never mind, I see this has already been answered in the negative.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

If you have the means to fly F, you probably aren't concerned about paying for a meal.

That has the subtlety of computer logic without a sprinkling of human nature
synd and chris63 like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK

That has the subtlety of computer logic without a sprinkling of human nature
Even if it's like a once in life time award trip the ticket fees are still at least CHF 500. If you can afford that but not your next meal, manage your money better??
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
This is Flyertalk.

People who come here are not necessarily rational when it comes to flying.

While it is perfectly rational to go into Zurich after a flight for a nice meal and hotel, we of all people should acknowledge that there are some of us who simply enjoy the opportunity to be pampered in a posh airline lounge. Yes, that's a thing - on Flyertalk.

Let him who never intentionally spent extra time in a lounge cast the first stone.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by airoli
This is Flyertalk.

People who come here are not necessarily rational when it comes to flying.

While it is perfectly rational to go into Zurich after a flight for a nice meal and hotel, we of all people should acknowledge that there are some of us who simply enjoy the opportunity to be pampered in a posh airline lounge. Yes, that's a thing - on Flyertalk.

Let him who never intentionally spent extra time in a lounge cast the first stone.
This is fair.

I love the lounges because of the apron views, mostly because I love watching airplanes. The food and luxury are ancillary benefits to me, which is why I sometimes get cabin fever in the FRA FCT and ZRH FCL A.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Even if it's like a once in life time award trip the ticket fees are still at least CHF 500. If you can afford that but not your next meal, manage your money better??
It's not necessarily about not being able to afford the meal. It is advertised as part of the F experience and people expect the airline to deliver.

And, I can go to a restaurant every day, but it is not that often that one can enjoy a fairly high quality meal with a wonderful view of the apron and runways, as one can do at the FCL in E.

(Edit: your last post kind of makes this post obsolete)
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Also note that a nice meal and hotel is relatively expensive in ZRH... especially with the CHF...
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

Sure but the OP has been travelling all day, BKK-ZRH is a daytime flight, the thought of exiting ZRH & travelling back & forth into Zurich within 12 hrs, wouldn’t appeal to me, Dinner in FCL & then the Radisson would be my preference & the food ex BKK is usually awful so a decent meal would be a requirement
worldclubber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.