Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to Swiss First Class Lounge in Zürich ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by nnanlno
Hi LX experts... Am contemplating on switching up a reward ticket, so here's my question:

If my itinerary is ZRH-FRA-JFK where my ZRH-FRA is either in LH or LX reward Y or C, and FRA-JFK is in reward F same day (17:00). Will i get access to the LX First class (and basically all of the) lounges in ZRH?

Thanks in advance!
Yes - as long as both flights are on the same day, you will get access to the excellent first class lounges in Zurich (I had a very similar scheduling a few weeks ago)
nnanlno likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by darumi
Yes - as long as both flights are on the same day, you will get access to the excellent first class lounges in Zurich (I had a very similar scheduling a few weeks ago)
If both flights are on the same ticket, access is by the book. If they are on separate tickets, it is now a matter of interpretation by the lounge staff.
nnanlno likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
May have asked this question before but Im pre-Alzheimers
So if I arrive in LX F HKG-ZRH, can I use the LX E and A F lounges (prefer E want to sleep for 3-4 hours in St Moritz Bedroom) on arrival? I couldnt get same day connectio nto TLV due to sillyLH Group POS rubbish, so my flight next day is ZRH-TLV same ticket on LX in C Wil lI have F lounge access next day? also sit in F with C service next day on the A330? (C is almost empty day I wanted todepart, and day im actually departing ZRH-TLV)
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:37 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by cbourl
So if I arrive in LX F HKG-ZRH, can I use the LX E and A F lounges (prefer E want to sleep for 3-4 hours in St Moritz Bedroom) on arrival? I couldnt get same day connectio nto TLV due to sillyLH Group POS rubbish, so my flight next day is ZRH-TLV same ticket on LX in C Wil lI have F lounge access next day? also sit in F with C service next day on the A330? (C is almost empty day I wanted todepart, and day im actually departing ZRH-TLV)
You have access on arrival to both F Lounges. Keep in mind FCL E rooms are on a first come basis, but in the morning it should be ok to get one. No access the next day and no guaranteed seat in F with C service on the A330, although that shouldn't be a problem if you don't get it at check-in in HKG (specifically ask for it), you can still ask nicely in the F lounge the day before or even at the gate on the day of departure. Depends on the personel if you'll have to pay the 250.- or if they put you in the seat for free.
Maybe try and ask if you can be put on the same day flight on the hotline (could be possible if you bought the ticket in the last 24 hours)? Or ask at the day of arrival in the ZRH F lounge. (Chances are very slim and most probably you'd need to pay a fortune so expect a NO, but it doesn't hurt to ask).

Last edited by Nick Art; Jul 20, 2019 at 5:46 am
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by Nick Art
You have access on arrival to both F Lounges. Keep in mind FCL E rooms are on a first come basis, but in the morning it should be ok to get one. No access the next day and no guaranteed seat in F with C service on the A330, although that shouldn't be a problem if you don't get it at check-in in HKG (specifically ask for it), you can still ask nicely in the F lounge the day before or even at the gate on the day of departure. Depends on the personel if you'll have to pay the 250.- or if they put you in the seat for free.
Maybe try and ask if you can be put on the same day flight on the hotline (could be possible if you bought the ticket in the last 24 hours)? Or ask at the day of arrival in the ZRH F lounge. (Chances are very slim and most probably you'd need to pay a fortune so expect a NO, but it doesn't hurt to ask).
Thanks for that
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by cbourl
So if I arrive in LX F HKG-ZRH, can I use the LX E and A F lounges (prefer E want to sleep for 3-4 hours in St Moritz Bedroom) on arrival?

You can use either or both, but you'd be a crazy to go for the A lounge. There are only two bedrooms at E, and the lounge guardians tell me the rush hours are from from folk connecting off early morning arrivals (like yours): but as they don't seem to promote the rooms and claim they will never reserve in advance, there's a good chance you'll get lucky. I did, arriving from SIN last week, connecting at 12-ish: it made a big difference

The next day you are no longer a first-class passenger. Better get used to it!
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You can use either or both, but you'd be a crazy to go for the A lounge. There are only two bedrooms at E, and the lounge guardians tell me the rush hours are from from folk connecting off early morning arrivals (like yours): but as they don't seem to promote the rooms and claim they will never reserve in advance, there's a good chance you'll get lucky. I did, arriving from SIN last week, connecting at 12-ish: it made a big difference

The next day you are no longer a first-class passenger. Better get used to it!
Thanks for that Usually I gt a same day connection on night flight to TLV so I can spend day downtown Never had a problem with getting one of the HotelZimmers in E Lounge over the past few years since E F lounge opened Il lcross my fingers for next mornings day flight to TLV Its early anyway and overnighting at RadBlu ZRH Flughafen but I kinda like walking through E Terminal with a glass of champagne to the smoking room so i can vape (used to smoke)
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
So it looks like my question is answered in posts 34 and subsequent, as I have a similar scenario: traveling in F BKK-ZRH on 21 August, arriving ZHR at 735 pm, then overnight layover till ZRH-PRG in C at 830 am on 22 August. So when I land in ZRH, I just go straight to the F lounge and hang out till it closes at 1030 pm, without going through immigration? Upthread I see references to a ride to the F lounge for incoming connecting passengers, but I assume that doesn't apply when the connection is the next morning, correct? Thanks all!
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:56 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by st530
So it looks like my question is answered in posts 34 and subsequent, as I have a similar scenario: traveling in F BKK-ZRH on 21 August, arriving ZHR at 735 pm, then overnight layover till ZRH-PRG in C at 830 am on 22 August. So when I land in ZRH, I just go straight to the F lounge and hang out till it closes at 1030 pm, without going through immigration? Upthread I see references to a ride to the F lounge for incoming connecting passengers, but I assume that doesn't apply when the connection is the next morning, correct? Thanks all!
The Swiss Arrival Service is offered to all First Class Arriving pax, including you. It consists of a pick up at the airplane from which you will then be driven to the FCL A, where you pass through passport control and if connecting and arriving from an unsafe destination through security at the private counter.
If you go to the FCL E, you‘ll have to take the train to get to A,B. I‘m not sure what you mean by not passing through immigration as for your Zrh-Prg flight you‘ll have to enter the schengen zone anyway. I mean i get wanting to check out the lounge and having dinner there, but why stay until 10 pm? Go to your hotel earlier and have some sleep.
st530 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Maybe I am a little daft... the plan is to arrive one day at 7H30 in the morning, have a connecting flight the next morning, but to stay in the lounge all that time?

Not only does the lounge close at night, but what is the point of such a plan? If you want to be in PRG, go to PRG earlier. If you have planned the stop in ZRH to be in ZRH, go to Zurich but don't stay in the lounge.

Or what have I missed?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Maybe I am a little daft... the plan is to arrive one day at 7H30 in the morning, have a connecting flight the next morning, but to stay in the lounge all that time?

Not only does the lounge close at night, but what is the point of such a plan? If you want to be in PRG, go to PRG earlier. If you have planned the stop in ZRH to be in ZRH, go to Zurich but don't stay in the lounge.

Or what have I missed?
You missed the arrival at 7:35 pm but that doesn’t make the comment much less valid IMO. I think OP wants to maximize by having dinner in the FCL before heading into ZRH for a hotel, which is fine, though there are much better options by going into town after arrival and having dinner there.
chris63 and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by MichielR

You missed the arrival at 7:35 pm but that doesn’t make the comment much less valid IMO. I think OP wants to maximize by having dinner in the FCL before heading into ZRH for a hotel, which is fine, though there are much better options by going into town after arrival and having dinner there.
OK, I get it (the AM/PM part).

But, no, I don't get it. Dinner in the FCL is OK, and certainly very good compared to other options one has at an airport. But it's nothing to write home about. Hence, staying there to dine instead of going to Zurich, 10 minutes away, for some really nice dining, and then going to downtown only to sleep there when there are okay airport hotels (unless the OP is happy with only OK food in the lounge but for hotel insists on the top and wants to stay in the Baur au Lac or the Park Hyatt)?

@chmielko: I don't know what it is you are trying to optimize.
Spend time in the lounge? You'll get there next morning, before your flight to PRG >> after arriving in Zurich, drop your stuff at an airport hotel, go downtown, and enjoy the evening in the city. Head back to your airport hotel, that way you lose less time the next morning and can spend that in the lounge
Have good food? There are much much much better options in the city >> after arriving in Zurich, go downtown, have a great meal. You can pick an airport hotel, that way you are closer to your departure point
Want to sleep downtown instead of airport? OK, but then why hang around at the airport >> after arriving in Zurich, drop your stuff in your hotel at the airport or downtown, and enjoy the evening in the city

But I cannot think of any scenario where what you have in mind makes sense. There are enough people here in the LX forum that can provide you with great tips and places to go to for your evening in Zurich.

But again, maybe I have missed something.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I'm shocked, shocked that I wasn't the originator of the posts above.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MichielR

19.35 is scheduled arrival time & departure time of 08.20 next day, so can make sense to eat in FCL & go to Radisson ZRH, on that itinerary maybe the OP had no intention of visiting Zurich.
st530 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Nick Art

The Swiss Arrival Service is offered to all First Class Arriving pax, including you. It consists of a pick up at the airplane from which you will then be driven to the FCL A, where you pass through passport control and if connecting and arriving from an unsafe destination through security at the private counter.
If you go to the FCL E, you‘ll have to take the train to get to A,B. I‘m not sure what you mean by not passing through immigration as for your Zrh-Prg flight you‘ll have to enter the schengen zone anyway. I mean i get wanting to check out the lounge and having dinner there, but why stay until 10 pm? Go to your hotel earlier and have some sleep.
Thank you. The comment about immigration assumed there was no arrival service offered for next-day connections, so the question, perhaps inartfully worded, was whether one arriving from BKK was forced to go through immigration before being able to re-access the airside terminal facilities. Evidently the answer is no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.