Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thrones no longer available for free (except HON/SEN)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: M&M FTL (*Silver), KLM/AF blue
Just be careful. The system checks if you have paid the seat and if this is not the case will autocancel after 2-3 days. So I strongly recommend to check after some days if the seat assignment has not disappeared
Old Oct 14, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: Currently: UA 1K | Previously: AS MVPG75K, SPG Gold, Kimpton IC, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Key8
Just be careful. The system checks if you have paid the seat and if this is not the case will autocancel after 2-3 days. So I strongly recommend to check after some days if the seat assignment has not disappeared
Yes. Thank you. This was the voice in my head.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: Currently: UA 1K | Previously: AS MVPG75K, SPG Gold, Kimpton IC, HH Gold
Update: The third, fourth and fifth reps I spoke with all seemed to think I had the seat reserved. I framed the call differently with the sixth rep, and told her I was calling to pay for the privacy seat I'd reserved. She charged me. With the previous reps, I called to ask whether I actually had the seat.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
PLEASE STOP CALLING.

How often do these things get killed just because folks keep calling it in … sigh …
ijgordon likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
PLEASE STOP CALLING.

How often do these things get killed just because folks keep calling it in … sigh …
Ha! Fair. I didn't intend to call that many times--but every time I called I'd get disconnected after about 30s, right after I'd hear I had the seat but before the rep could finish the sentence.

(I've since confirmed with Amex Travel that no, the seat isn't free and that as Key8 described it'd just get removed from the reservation.)
Old Oct 15, 2022, 1:09 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
How about another question - is it free for Star Gold now - - I have been able to reserve only recently and flew 4A JNB ZRH in a seat I reserved and certainly did not pay for.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 5:38 am

When do these throne seats become free to book for we mere mortals travelling in Business but without any airline status?
Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
How about another question - is it free for Star Gold now - - I have been able to reserve only recently and flew 4A JNB ZRH in a seat I reserved and certainly did not pay for.
How full was the J cabin?
Old Oct 15, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
Originally Posted by felixmendelssohn
How full was the J cabin?
When I booked - around 40% - on day of flight - 100% - - - I booked before the summer schedule was squeezed so my flight was quite full then. I chose the seat off the seat map via the travel agent.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are all the single seats subject to payment or status? Or just the ones that have the shelves on both sides?

And what status exempts one from payment? Only LH/LX or other *A carriers?
Old Oct 23, 2022, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Are all the single seats subject to payment or status? Or just the ones that have the shelves on both sides?

And what status exempts one from payment? Only LH/LX or other *A carriers?
1. All the single seats, I think.
2. HON Circle and Senators. No others.

Source: Privacy seat SWISS Business | SWISS
Old Oct 25, 2022, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1. All the single seats, I think.
2. HON Circle and Senators. No others.

Source: Privacy seat SWISS Business | SWISS
Thx - fwiw just did a dummy booking and the single seats on the right side of the 330 are in fact free for non-elites.

Old Oct 25, 2022, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Thx - fwiw just did a dummy booking and the single seats on the right side of the 330 are in fact free for non-elites.
They let you select them--but they'll remove the seat reservation a few days later. Be sure to check back, just in case.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
They let you select them--but they'll remove the seat reservation a few days later. Be sure to check back, just in case.
I've kept my single seat reservation on the right/K side of the A340 (similar layout as the A330) for several months without issue. LX explicitly does not designate them as privacy seats since they're not thrones, i.e., they don't have storage tables/units on both sides of the seat. The forward K seats are blocked for SEN/HON, while the rear ones are free for anyone to reserve. The true privacy seats are on the A side.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
I've kept my single seat reservation on the right/K side of the A340 (similar layout as the A330) for several months without issue. LX explicitly does not designate them as privacy seats since they're not thrones, i.e., they don't have storage tables/units on both sides of the seat. The forward K seats are blocked for SEN/HON, while the rear ones are free for anyone to reserve. The true privacy seats are on the A side.
Aha. Did not know that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.