Thrones no longer available for free (except HON/SEN)

Old Jun 14, 2021, 2:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If your first leg is with UA, you are SOL. You need to change the seat on swiss or lh.com about 48h before departure when the flight goes into airport control. Look up the LX PNR number on ua.com and try to see if you can pull up the reservation on LH.com
Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:54 am
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If your first leg is with UA, you are SOL. You need to change the seat on swiss or lh.com about 48h before departure when the flight goes into airport control. Look up the LX PNR number on ua.com and try to see if you can pull up the reservation on LH.com
I couldn't pull up any of the LX confirmation numbers on the LX website.

I actually am scheduled to fly ZRH-SFO twice in the next 3 months. On one itinerary, I could choose my seat now, though obviously not the throne seat. On the other, UA.com wouldn't allow me.

What do you mean by first leg? You mean including the outbound?

I have the following segments:

SFO-YVR on AC
YVR-FRA on LH
FRA-SZG on LH
INN-VIE on OS
VIE-ZRH on LX
ZRH-SFO on LX

Then the other itinerary:

SFO-IAD on UA
IAD-ZRH on UA
GVA-ZRH on LX
ZRH-SFO on LX.

First one is a UA award ticket and the second one is a UA revenue ticket.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

You should not have any issu to change the seat reservation to throne. Try again using the OS or LH code in the first booking. The second one should have the correct LX code, if not, call swiss and ask what the booking code is.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 1:24 am
exp
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You should not have any issu to change the seat reservation to throne. Try again using the OS or LH code in the first booking. The second one should have the correct LX code, if not, call swiss and ask what the booking code is.
OK, thanks, I will give it a try.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 4:23 pm
exp
Suspended

Originally Posted by exp
I couldn't pull up any of the LX confirmation numbers on the LX website.

I actually am scheduled to fly ZRH-SFO twice in the next 3 months. On one itinerary, I could choose my seat now, though obviously not the throne seat. On the other, UA.com wouldn't allow me.

What do you mean by first leg? You mean including the outbound?

I have the following segments:

SFO-YVR on AC
YVR-FRA on LH
FRA-SZG on LH
INN-VIE on OS
VIE-ZRH on LX
ZRH-SFO on LX

Then the other itinerary:

SFO-IAD on UA
IAD-ZRH on UA
GVA-ZRH on LX
ZRH-SFO on LX.

First one is a UA award ticket and the second one is a UA revenue ticket.
Odd, the first trip, it has confirmation numbers for LH and LX. swiss.com doesn't take that confirmation number but the LH site does and does let me select seats on the LX flights.

On the second trip, UA shows a LX confirmation number. Again, swiss.com doesn't recognize it. However, lufthansa.com does take the LX confirmation number, even though there isn't a single LH flight on that itinerary. But I can only select the GVA-ZRH seats but not for the ZRH-SFO seats.

So does that mean 48 hours out, I would be able to try to select on lufthansa.com for that LX38?

And maybe be able to do the same for the second LX38 flight?
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:58 am

Yes, LH and LX both use the same backend, so LH.com will allow you to change the seats at T-48h.
romans likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Booking “throne” seats Swiss

United tickets, cash. Tried to check in, even the domestic first segment they won’t provide boarding passes even though we’ve provided all necessary documentation in travel center. That’s just on United.

supposed to be able to select throne seats 48 hrs ahead approximately, told on check in would be able to. We’ve done the Swiss forms as well except didn’t provide seats selected as concerned would keep us from being able to change. Everything required is both uploaded in United and Swiss sites.

why can’t we do this or how if possible?
Old Sep 29, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: LX SEN
I am not sure to understand your queries. If you cannot access the seat selection on LX metal through the LX website on a UA ticket, the same occurred to me. I had to call to be able to select seat, as neither the UA, nor the LX websites would let me do it, except for the LX feeder flights in Switzerland on LX website.

And with respect to the Swiss government PLF forms: they are not linked to LX.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 10:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I bought two UA-issued tickets on LX during the J fare sale this summer, the overwater segments are all UA codeshares, and I was able to select seats immediately after purchase with no difficulties on the LX website.

I also don't understand the comment about picking thrones at check-in. The window has always opened at T-48, which is prior to the check-in window for flights ex-US. In other words, checking-in online and picking thrones at T-48 are separate processes.

We flex LX39 yesterday and I didn't bother trying to check-in online. Easier just to deal with all the covid-related paperwork at the counter.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 10:45 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
I also don't understand the comment about picking thrones at check-in. The window has always opened at T-48, which is prior to the check-in window for flights ex-US. In other words, checking-in online and picking thrones at T-48 are separate processes.
IMHO throne seats are any way overhyped. Bulkhead throne seats are nice because they have large footwells, but the other thrones have very tight footwell and sleeping is not comfortable for me. OK, during Covid they also guarantee some additional distance for single travelers
one of the few remaining advantages of having status in LH group to be able to reserve them in advance free of charge...
Old Oct 3, 2021, 10:53 pm
exp
Suspended

I didn't have a problem with the footwell but then again, I don't have huge feet.

It's definitely an advantage to have the one seat by itself.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 1:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by exp
Yes, the biggest advantage of the throne IMO is the separation from the aisle.

We had a window pair yesterday, and I did notice that the footwell was better sized than the throne's. But there's zero separation from the aisle.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 6:31 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by exp
I didn't have a problem with the footwell but then again, I don't have huge feet.

tight footwell of the thrones are not about having huge feet or not...
in the flat bed position, you have to put your under leg into a small opening between the two seats in the row ahead.
And if you move during sleep resp. change position often as I do, this gets very uncomfortable and interrupts sleep often (I usually sleep 6 hours on a long haul with not more than 1-2 wake ups in between)
Old Oct 4, 2021, 1:22 pm
exp
Suspended

I didn't notice particular problems with the feet while the seat was reclined. I may not have reclined it fully flat.

But there were two passengers behind me, two strangers sitting next to each other.

The one in the window had to trouble her neighbor to get out.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
I bought two UA-issued tickets on LX during the J fare sale this summer, the overwater segments are all UA codeshares, and I was able to select seats immediately after purchase with no difficulties on the LX website.

We flex LX39 yesterday and I didn't bother trying to check-in online. Easier just to deal with all the covid-related paperwork at the counter.
I as well had no issues selecting seats on what seems to be the same situation, UA flight in states then UA codeshare SFO to ZRH. Got the Swiss locator code after booking and went on their site and assigned seats, no issues. At T 48 was unable to change anything nor was I able to check in and then do it at 24 hrs before as suggested by the rep. Was able to get one for my son and we sat in the center two seats next to him.

On the return I'd most certainly prefer the thrones although even more important I think when a flight you want to sleep. I was right on the aisle and much more disturbed with anyone walking up or down the aisle. Even now I was thinking of booking and paying the fee(Ritz card $300 airline charge credits I assume could be used and are otherwise hard to use) but still seems impossible to do anything online. Might be by phone but it shouldn't be this way from everything I've read.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.