Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss First Class Lounge just for Swiss

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by vantage03
Yes. I’m flying LX from GVA with my other half flying LuxAir (a M&M airline) at the same time on Sunday and as HON I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to guest him into the F Lounge.
That's equally bizarre as the EW situation.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
An SQ F passenger is a star alliance F passenger and therefore would expect to be able to use any star alliance F lounge. As they can througout the USA, and in BKK, NRT/HND, ICN, SIN and anywhere else SQ or others offer F lounges. But LH and LX is different. Yet SQ F pax know the score.
LH/LX F-lounges are NOT *A F lounges but a different beast.
You won't find a Star-Alliance-logo / *G-logo anywhere near those lounges. The same is true for the spa of the TG F lounge at BKK. Yes, TG grants access to F passengers of other airlines. But it only offers the spa to TG F passengers.
Speaking of SQ: Private Room isn't a *A F lounge either.
behuman and mrow like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
In any case as mentioned before United no longer sells F tickets as codeshare. Yes you can still buy tickets plated on United 016 stock but it will carry the LX flight number and hence the original problem described in this thread (no access to F services if flight was purchased as United codeshare) is history.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Your first sentence is just, excuse me for being so blunt, non-sense. And the last one does not have much logic to it either.

Enough said.
My point was that you can't have a poor innocent passenger who had their ticket purchsed by their secretary all of a sudden become lounge savvy at the airport and feel humiliated that ehy didn't get access to the F lounge. If the passenger really is that naive, they'd be more than happy to go to the Senator lounge as directed.

The second point was merely that the argument of 'what's next, no food or drink for UA pax on LX flights?' is absurd. Just because you don't get lounge access doesn't mean you won't get the full service on baord, as anyone who has flown LX F would know.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:56 am

My point was that you can't have a poor innocent passenger who had their ticket purchsed by their secretary all of a sudden become lounge savvy at the airport and feel humiliated that ehy didn't get access to the F lounge. If the passenger really is that naive, they'd be more than happy to go to the Senator lounge as directed.

The second point was merely that the argument of 'what's next, no food or drink for UA pax on LX flights?' is absurd. Just because you don't get lounge access doesn't mean you won't get the full service on baord, as anyone who has flown LX F would know.
It does not help to repeat your opinion over and over again.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Yet SQ F pax manage it quite well with not being confused? They too are star alliance F pax but only get to use the Senator Lounge.
SQ F pax I know are far from happy to be using SEN lounges but they are on SQ metal, SQ F tickets on LH metal do indeed get FCT or FCL access.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. I’m flying LX from GVA with my other half flying LuxAir (a M&M airline) at the same time on Sunday and as HON I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to guest him into the F Lounge.
Bonkers ! I would suggest reaching out to Core customer care.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by chris63

Bonkers ! I would suggest reaching out to Core customer care.
I have, and got a very apologetic confirmation that my suspicion was correct. Spouse would need to be on a Star Alliance airline, not a Miles & More (non *A) airline. Go figure............
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have, and got a very apologetic confirmation that my suspicion was correct. Spouse would need to be on a Star Alliance airline, not a Miles & More (non *A) airline. Go figure............
Amazing, IME Core customer care fully understand their responsibilities to HON’s ,
your request is hardly a huge ask.....
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:27 pm

Unbelievable, your HON contact should be able to make it happen. Wish you both a great flight nevertheless.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
An SQ F passenger is a star alliance F passenger and therefore would expect to be able to use any star alliance F lounge. As they can througout the USA, and in BKK, NRT/HND, ICN, SIN and anywhere else SQ or others offer F lounges. But LH and LX is different. Yet SQ F pax know the score.
Well SQ Private Room is ONLY for SQ Metal F Pax Just like TG F Spa Massage services at BKK are ONLY for TG F Pax
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:50 pm

People can argue any point to death, but the concept of flying on LX metal in F yet not getting access to the F lounge is illogical, shortsighted and pigheaded.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by NYC1
People can argue any point to death, but the concept of flying on LX metal in F yet not getting access to the F lounge is illogical, shortsighted and pigheaded.
^

And it was the one big exception in the industry. For all other situations described in this thread metal is the main factor.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum

Originally Posted by NYC1
whatever reduces lounge crowding is fine by me

i really wish there was a true F lounge in SFO. Polaris lets in Star business passengers.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by sophialite
whatever reduces lounge crowding is fine by me
But it's ZRH we are talking about here and the FCL in E is not usually too busy. I have seen all tables in the restaurant section occupied a few times during "rush hour", but still would not call it "crowding".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.