Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SwissInternationalAirLines
Dear SingaporeDon

Thank you for considerng SWISS for your travel plans.

According to the current planning, the flight on 28 July is scheduled to have the new upgraded business class seat, while the flight on 29 July will - always according to the current planning - be operated by an aircraft with the old configuration.

Please be aware though that changes to aircraft rotation planning are always possible and that I cannot guarantee any specific configuration for any particular flight. The above information therefore is subject to change for as long as there are still aircraft with the old interior flying in our system.

Kind regards,
Gianrico
Hi Gianrico,
Any chance you can advise for 27JULY ZRH/BKK (old or new config in C)?
Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:39 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Hi Gianrico,
Any chance you can advise for 27JULY ZRH/BKK (old or new config in C)?
Thanks
Dear Travelsig

LX180 on 27 July currently is scheduled to operate with an aircraft with the old C-Cl. cabin configuration.

Kind regards,
Gianrico
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dear Travelsig

LX180 on 27 July currently is scheduled to operate with an aircraft with the old C-Cl. cabin configuration.

Kind regards,
Gianrico
Thanks Gianrico. I guess I will enjoy the old cabin
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:36 am

I sure hope you will! And the service stays the same anyway, regardless of the cabin .

Have a great and safe journey! Thank you for choosing SWISS!

Kind regards,
Gianrico
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:32 pm

Programs: AF-Platinum for Life / LH-M&M / Radisson Rewards Platinum / IHG Gold
Suggestion for web check-in / Lounge on GVA-CDG codeshare flights

Dear Gianrico,

I really appreciate your useful contributions here as much as I enjoy flying with LX.
I have three questions regarding recent trips CDG-ZRH-GVA:

1) Web Check-In: the current system is not very environment-friendly, as I have to print two A4-sheets for each flight segment (Passenger BP + Airport Copy).
One return trip CDG-ZRH-GVA translates into eight (!) printed A4-sheets.
My suggestion would be to implement a single BP for the whole journey.

2) Senator lounge on AF codeshare-flights GVA-CDG: in a previous post you mentioned that SEN guests could use the Senator lounge in the international area.
I recall that check-in takes place in the French sector "Destination France" only. Once you have entered the French sector are you still allowed to go back into the Swiss sector to use the lounge?

3) My last question - out of curiosity: my ZRH-GVA flight was operated by Lufthansa aircraft and crew. Is it a one-off for the summer period or does it often happen between ZRH and GVA?

Thanks in advance for your helpful answers.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by Q-STO
Dear Gianrico,

I really appreciate your useful contributions here as much as I enjoy flying with LX.
I have three questions regarding recent trips CDG-ZRH-GVA:

1) Web Check-In: the current system is not very environment-friendly, as I have to print two A4-sheets for each flight segment (Passenger BP + Airport Copy).
One return trip CDG-ZRH-GVA translates into eight (!) printed A4-sheets.
My suggestion would be to implement a single BP for the whole journey.

2) Senator lounge on AF codeshare-flights GVA-CDG: in a previous post you mentioned that SEN guests could use the Senator lounge in the international area.
I recall that check-in takes place in the French sector "Destination France" only. Once you have entered the French sector are you still allowed to go back into the Swiss sector to use the lounge?

3) My last question - out of curiosity: my ZRH-GVA flight was operated by Lufthansa aircraft and crew. Is it a one-off for the summer period or does it often happen between ZRH and GVA?

Thanks in advance for your helpful answers.
Dear Q-STO

Thank you very much for your suggestions and input, and of course for using our services on your trips to France. As to your questions:

1) Our e-travel services are constantly evaluated and developed further. I will certainly forward your suggestion to the respective department. Have you tried our mobile boarding passes sent directly to your smartphone? That way you can get by without any printouts alltogether.

2) While it is easily possible to pass between the two sectors, I agree that this poses a bit of a hassle. Unfortunately, as Air France only allows entry to their lounge in the French sector if you hold a Business Class ticket, there is no other lounge we can offer you for that flight if you travel in Economy.

3) Our partner Lufthansa helps us out in the busy summer period by providing aircraft and crews which operate a small number of flights on our behalf. This is in order to accomodate the busier summer schedule, especially on weekends. While this arrangement is usually implemented on routes between Switzerland and Germany, it can occasionally happen that due to operational needs Lufthansa aircraft also get deployed on other routes in our system.

I hope I could help you with this information.

We are looking forward to welcoming you on board again very soon!

Kind regards,
Gianrico
Old Jul 25, 2011, 6:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Ha, good luck with the old cabin. I hardly ever saw such an outdated business class. Even LH's C is better than Swiss' old cabins. Avoid it or feel the pain @:-)
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:15 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
Ha, good luck with the old cabin. I hardly ever saw such an outdated business class. Even LH's C is better than Swiss' old cabins. Avoid it or feel the pain @:-)
in case you did not notice, "old cabin" refers to A340-300 and not A330-200, i.e. lieflat but not horizontal. Similar to OS and LH.

I believe all A330-200 have now left the fleet?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
in case you did not notice, "old cabin" refers to A340-300 and not A330-200, i.e. lieflat but not horizontal. Similar to OS and LH.

I believe all A330-200 have now left the fleet?
Dear Vienna-Resident,

the last A330-200 are supposed to leave our fleet in September 2011 - they are currently mainly used on the flights from Zurich to Tel Aviv and return. Once they have left the fleet, all long-haul flights will operate with the lie-flat seat.

Kind regards,

Parand - SWISS Social Media Team
Old Aug 2, 2011, 6:04 am

new LX baggage policy -need clarification

We are flying Paris-Mumbai via Zurich on a full fare economy ticket. I am *G but my family is not. My ticket was issued in June/11 but the flight is Aug/11.

So as I understand it, I would still fall under the old weight based system of 20 kg per person on both the CDG-ZRH leg and the ZRH-BOM leg. It looks like I will be allowed an extra 20kg for *G on both the intra-Europe and international flight. Is this accurate?

If I upgrade to business class how much more luggage will I be allowed? Another 20kg?

Can my ticket be changed so that I can benefit from the new piece system?

Anyone who can clarify this or recommend a workaround, I'd appreciate it.

We are moving to Mumbai so taking less luggage is not an option.

Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by coxma
We are flying Paris-Mumbai via Zurich on a full fare economy ticket. I am *G but my family is not. My ticket was issued in June/11 but the flight is Aug/11.

So as I understand it, I would still fall under the old weight based system of 20 kg per person on both the CDG-ZRH leg and the ZRH-BOM leg. It looks like I will be allowed an extra 20kg for *G on both the intra-Europe and international flight. Is this accurate?

If I upgrade to business class how much more luggage will I be allowed? Another 20kg?

Can my ticket be changed so that I can benefit from the new piece system?

Anyone who can clarify this or recommend a workaround, I'd appreciate it.

We are moving to Mumbai so taking less luggage is not an option.

Thanks!
Dear Coxma

Thanks for flying SWISS!

You are correct that with your ticket issued before Aug 1, 2011, the old baggage rules apply, as printed on your ticket confirmation. As an Economy Class passenger, you and your family will be allowed the standard 20kgs per person. As a Star Gold customer, you personally (not your family) will be allowed another 20kgs.

If you upgraded to Business Class, you would be allowed 10kgs extra. Even if the ticket was re-issued, the old weight concept would apply, as your original ticket was issued before Aug 1.

The only way to work around this would be to cancel your reservation and ticket, and make a new one. This of course is subject to your original fare rules.

As you are moving house, you might want to talk to a representative of Swiss WorldCargo in your country of residence. Shipping your belongings as cargo might be an attractive option for you.

Kind regards, and all the best in your new home,
Gianrico
Old Aug 3, 2011, 12:27 pm

Dear Gianrico,

I will be travelling on LX from FRA to YUL and have an onward connection to the USA on CO, all on one BD award ticket.

Will the check-in staff at FRA be able to issue the boarding passes for all of my 4 flights (2 on LX, 2 on CO)? That would save me from having to clear Canadian, plus I wouldn't have to collect my baggage at YUL.

Kind regards,

ZKOKA

Last edited by ZKOKA; Aug 3, 2011 at 12:28 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 4, 2011, 6:51 am

Programs: LH HON, QF Gold, SQ SolitaireLife, Hyatt Platinum
Swiss to fly to SIN again ?

Hi Gianrico,

are there any plans that Swiss will fly to SIN again anytime soon ?

thanks
Old Aug 4, 2011, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by LHSINFF
Hi Gianrico,

are there any plans that Swiss will fly to SIN again anytime soon ?

thanks
Dear LHSINFF

I'm afraid I can only give you my standard answer for questions about future network developments:

Obviously, our network and fleet development department is constantly monitoring the situation on our routes and in the markets served and currently unserved, and tries to adjust offerings according to demand. Unfortunately, I do not have any insight into these evaluations, as any changes are announced publicly and not communicated beforehand, even internally.

For these reasons, I will also in future not be able to inform about potential future routes or plans for new destinations, as I simply have no access to such information myself before it is officially announced.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Gianrico
Old Aug 7, 2011, 4:09 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Dear Vienna-Resident,

the last A330-200 are supposed to leave our fleet in September 2011 - they are currently mainly used on the flights from Zurich to Tel Aviv and return. Once they have left the fleet, all long-haul flights will operate with the lie-flat seat.

Kind regards,

Parand - SWISS Social Media Team
Dear Parand,

the last A343 is currently being refited with the new Business Class and originally by mide August the A332 was supposed to be withdrawn from the fleet. Is September really final now?

Also, given the arrival of more A333's has LX not considered to maybe also upgrade the First Class on the Airbus A343 as of next year?

Kind Regards,

LXA350

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.