Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Menus ex ZRH in F and C (6 Mar 24 - 4 June 24)
First Class:

https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Pr...ets/663584.pdf

Business Class:
https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Pr...ets/663583.pdf

Link for pre-ordering meals ex ZRH in F and C

https://www.pre-flight-shopping.com/en/?p=eHSqnIMU_UQ

Special themes in F for 2024 (from olm022 )
21. February - 5. March 2024 (Caviar Weeks)
22. May - 6. June 2024 (Theme to be communicated)
21. August - 3. September 2024 (Theme to be communicated)

20. November - 3. December 2024 (Theme to be communicated)

Print Wikipost

The SWISS Business & First Class Menu Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:05 pm

F menu from LAX > ZRH. This was from LX041 on Dec. 7th.
Food pictures to follow.

clkc86 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:39 pm

Food pics from LX041 LAX > ZRH on Dec 7th.
This was our first time flying Swiss, and the food definitely did not disappoint.
Alas, I am allergic to salmon, so I could not post the ubiquitous Balik Salmon pic

Yuzu-Marinated shrimp and scallop with cucumber and pear.

In addition to the cucumber and shaved pear, there were also radish and some herbs. Very light and refreshing, would order again.

Seasonal salad with artichoke, carrot and celery. This one was came pre-dressed, tossed with the dressing of choice. Was offered a ranch or Italian dressing. Very fresh, nice salad, would definitely order again.

I am not a huge drinker, and had already had a tequila in the lounge and champagne on boarding. I didn't try the any of the white wines, but had the Swiss Red (Baroq Assemblage). It was our first time flying swiss, and going to switzerland it seemed like the right choice. It was decent, but would probably go with the Chateauneuf next time.

Beef tenderloin with brandy cream sauce, potato gratin, and green beans.

The beef was excellent, and the sides perfect. I am a huge steak lover, and if this wasn't the best steak I've had in the sky then it is at least tied for the top. The only quibble I have about it is I would have liked it done a little more. Not for the cook, but because the middle was cool, and I would have preferred it warm. It was super tender, and it wouldn't have hurt it at all to be slightly warmer. That said, I still ate all of it and would 100% order it again.

Cheese plate. I especially enjoyed the Aged Gruyere and the Point Reyes Toma. I should add that I asked for only a small portion, so this might be smaller than normal . I was so full already I almost skipped cheese and desert, but decided to power it out for you all.

Dessert wine from Austria, name too long to type But it was lovely.

Vanilla ice cream with fruit salad. No matter how old I get, there is always something I love about having ice cream on a plane. I couldn't pass it up.

Breakfast:

The breakfast choices were more extensive than I expected. And there was also the choice of French Toast, that wasn't on the menu.

There were 3 of us (myself and two family members on this trip) and we all were quite impressed with the quality of the food on Swiss. The others tried different dishes, like the chicken and the vegetarian option, and all were very happy with them.
I would say that some of the food was maybe slightly bland, but I prefer the option to season the food with the salt and pepper provided anyway, so it was definitely not a negative to me.
I think my family probably has some pics of the other dishes that I will post if i can, but that will probably take me awhile.
We are already looking forward to the food on our next Swiss flight next week.

Last edited by Travlur; Dec 8, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Catering from outstations is generally a disappointment, compared to ex ZRH, for sure you will enjoy your return flight
Travlur likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 1:14 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Travlur
I was so full already I almost skipped cheese and desert, but decided to power it out for you all.
True FT spirit.

Thanks for the great report. And wise decision to try the Swiss red, as Switzerland does not export a lot of wine, so flying LX is one of the rare opportunities one gets to sample Swiss wines.
chris63 and Travlur like this.

Last edited by worldclubber; Dec 9, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Old Dec 9, 2022, 9:10 am

Dec 08th Mia ~ Zrh

Stopped in the MIA Turkish very busy lounge at 5:30 and liked the lentil soup, boarded LX65 and sat in 12k and enjoyed my first Throne experience. Tried both Swiss wines which were mediocre but the beef tenderloin with bordelaise sauce was cooked perfectly and probably the best steak I’ve had in
an airplane.

Old Dec 10, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Is pre-select for First working lately? I’ve tried this and last week for 2 different F booking reference departing next week and then 3 weeks later - it says no offer …
Old Dec 10, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by LHSEN
Is pre-select for First working lately? I’ve tried this and last week for 2 different F booking reference departing next week and then 3 weeks later - it says no offer …
Same with me. But LX core customer service explained it to me on request:
As a regular on LX F I have in my profile „Pajama in size L“. It reads on your booking as „confirmed“ as special meal. This info occupies the insert for special meals and therefore no pre-select of meals additionally possible. They are working on this, but it will take time. You can call LX to select your meal and they will manually add it.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shipsmail
As a regular on LX F I have in my profile „Pajama in size L“. It reads on your booking as „confirmed“ as special meal. This info occupies the insert for special meals and therefore no pre-select of meals additionally possible. They are working on this, but it will take time. You can call LX to select your meal and they will manually add it.

You have to Love LHG IT , how do you like your Pyjamas cooked ? ……
Old Dec 10, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Hmm every time, they asked about my pajamas size … my reply always the same. Pre-select worked last time I check maybe 2-3 weeks ago … anyway … no big deal.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by shipsmail
Thanks for your helpful post.

Hope they fix it soon, as it is also probably not in LX‘s best interest to exclude regular F flyers from the offer.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 4:14 pm

Lots of posts lately covering the December menu so I’ll add some highlights.

balik — good as usual
crab cocktail — not a fan
lamb main course — very nice
“Not on the menu” fondue — very nice
mascarpone mouse — very nice

the Swiss red was nice
the Brane Cantenac was ok. Served too cold. Ok after warming up. Not as good as the Pontet Canet from the last rotation.

light meal — salad and quiche were nice.

Excellent service throughout. Happy to fly with LX and not deal with LH. F was 8/8 and flight was packed. With 3 dailies to NYC, LX is making bank.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by chris63

You have to Love LHG IT , how do you like your Pyjamas cooked ? ……
this must be LX specific as LH allows to have preferences stored (which usually works like a charm) and still allows to order special meals
Old Dec 11, 2022, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daumueller
this must be LX specific as LH allows to have preferences stored (which usually works like a charm) and still allows to order special meals
LX do store preferences but i never noticed it at LH, otherwise, why ask me if i want more Champagne ?
MichielR and worldclubber like this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by chris63
LX do store preferences but i never noticed it at LH, otherwise, why ask me if i want more Champagne ?
my preference sheet basically says only that I drink sparkling water so there is a bottle of that rather than still water waiting at my seat.

My PA stored that for me back when I had one - not sure crew can as well
Old Dec 11, 2022, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Have not been on LX92 recently, but on other late departures and dinner was served after departure.

Even took the DXB-ZRH flight a few times (before Covid, so I hope I remember correctly) with an after midnight departure and they served dinner on these flights, too.
Just back from DXB-ZRH with 2am departure and still served the full menu - amazed that I could stay up through to the end. One restriction was that the main course selection was very limited and somewhat sub-par. I seem to remember that Balik salmon was served in addition to the starter. So I was surprised when it did not appear before the main. After asking nicely the crew delivered a portion for my wife and myself, and I finished most of hers - yum!
worldclubber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.