Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Menus ex ZRH in F and C (6 Mar 24 - 4 June 24)
First Class:

https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Pr...ets/663584.pdf

Business Class:
https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Pr...ets/663583.pdf

Link for pre-ordering meals ex ZRH in F and C

https://www.pre-flight-shopping.com/en/?p=eHSqnIMU_UQ

Special themes in F for 2024 (from olm022 )
21. February - 5. March 2024 (Caviar Weeks)
22. May - 6. June 2024 (Theme to be communicated)
21. August - 3. September 2024 (Theme to be communicated)

20. November - 3. December 2024 (Theme to be communicated)

Print Wikipost

The SWISS Business & First Class Menu Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:17 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
LX16 ZRH-JFK C-CH-NA-Cyc2 18

LX17 JFK-ZRH C-NA-CH-Cyc3 18

Last edited by Nick Art; Jun 16, 2018 at 6:23 am
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
ZRH-East Coast US, F cabin, JUN-AUG 2018

worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Anyone have the current (Jun-Aug) F-menu for SIN-ZRH? Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: LXFF
Flew 4 F segments last week and the beverages where identical on all flights. All flights also had a 5th choice of risotto. The red wines are all very good, whites less so (sautern is nice of course). Tasted the 18 old whiskey they had, was pretty good (I don't know much about whiskey). Also tasted the Swiss whiskey they had and it basically tasted nothing compared to the other.

Had the usual sushis on ZRH-NRT, but on the way back they serves some Japanese specialties. Now I consider my self very open minded about food (I had the Japanese meal on JAL from NRT to MEL) but this was some funky food! Tried it all but it was just not my cup of tea.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:56 am

Sushi on the ZRH-NRT

Chicken on the ZRH-NRT

Bowmore 18 vs Swiss
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:57 am

Funky Japanese starters on NRT-ZRH

Almond Torte on NRT-ZRH
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:05 pm

They‘re not seriously serving Yooji‘s sushi in F from ZRH!?! The wasabi seems to suggest that. Anyway, judging also from the dish on the return segment probably better to stick to the western choices to/from NRT with LX
bawm likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:40 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Wtravel
They‘re not seriously serving Yooji‘s sushi in F from ZRH!?! The wasabi seems to suggest that. Anyway, judging also from the dish on the return segment probably better to stick to the western choices to/from NRT with LX
Having had a Yooji’s next to my school as lunch option for years I second that. I mean I really like Yooji’s so I don’t have an issue eating it :P As long as the soja sauce isn’t served in the plastic fish thingis I think the food can be considered good enough for First Class XD
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:02 pm

Thev've served these sushis for years now. For the return it was the first time they serve these other "weird" japanese specialties. This is usually off menu so you still have everything else to chose from.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by ced_lx
Thev've served these sushis for years now. For the return it was the first time they serve these other "weird" japanese specialties. This is usually off menu so you still have everything else to chose from.
Used to be Sala of Tokyo. So guess they switched to Yooji's (which, IMHO, is pretty mediocre, mass-produced stuff, hence was surprised it is served in LX F) after Sala closed down. Shows haven't flown LX to NRT in a while
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
We were just in Swiss Business Class from JFK to ZRH 2 weeks ago and boy was the food a huge letdown! I would rank the quality a little above LH but on the 8 hour flight departing JFK at 6pm they do not offer an appetizer with the meal "due to the short flight time and late departure!" Seriously? It's an 8 hour flight and it leaves at 6pm???? What a crock of ......! All you will get is a very small green salad and a main. I found this disappointing as I am usually not a big fan of the main dishes due to the quality but do like a nice appetizer. Food on the return out of ZRH was not much better.

IMHO Austrian is the only LH Group airline that serves half way decent food. I've been flying with LH for over 25+ years in J and it just keeps getting worse and worse!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by christianj
We were just in Swiss Business Class from JFK to ZRH 2 weeks ago and boy was the food a huge letdown! I would rank the quality a little above LH but on the 8 hour flight departing JFK at 6pm they do not offer an appetizer with the meal "due to the short flight time and late departure!" Seriously? It's an 8 hour flight and it leaves at 6pm???? What a crock of ......! All you will get is a very small green salad and a main. I found this disappointing as I am usually not a big fan of the main dishes due to the quality but do like a nice appetizer. Food on the return out of ZRH was not much better.

IMHO Austrian is the only LH Group airline that serves half way decent food. I've been flying with LH for over 25+ years in J and it just keeps getting worse and worse!
Yeah...have flown much SWISS over the years and imo the quality is going down. I find LH to be consistently better (ok, maybe not much better ex-USA), but at least the service is more personalized and feels more "full". Austrian beats them both easy...it would be great if LH slowly switched to DO&CO like they use in FCT
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:02 am

Does anyone know what the meal service is like on LX294? It's NBO-DAR-GVA (leaving NBO at 19:40). Actual menu is nice, but just wondering about what the meals/service are given the stop in DAR. I'm in F if that changes things.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:21 am

we flew on June 30. The stop is in NBO Nairobi. During the stop they clean the first class from the passengers leaving the plane and continue to serve drinks. The stop is about 60 minutes. after departing NBO they serve a tray with mini canapes in F. They tray emptied quickly with having 4 PAX continuing to DAR. As I got hungry again I also asked for additional nuts and they brought butter pretzels from Y. The flight from NBO to DAR took 60 minutes and they closed service 20 minutes prior landing.

Last edited by JohnDoe098; Jul 10, 2018 at 3:22 am Reason: spelling mistage
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by JohnDoe098
we flew on June 30. The stop is in NBO Nairobi. During the stop they clean the first class from the passengers leaving the plane and continue to serve drinks. The stop is about 60 minutes. after departing NBO they serve a tray with mini canapes in F. They tray emptied quickly with having 4 PAX continuing to DAR. As I got hungry again I also asked for additional nuts and they brought butter pretzels from Y. The flight from NBO to DAR took 60 minutes and they closed service 20 minutes prior landing.
I'm starting in NBO, so my stop is in DAR (flight goes ZRH-NBO-DAR-ZRH, so either have a stop on your way out (if going to DAR) or way back (if going to NBO)). But, it sounds like I can expect mini canapes on the way to DAR (and, presumably, a proper dinner service after leaving DAR). And I expect that the stop in DAR will also be about an hour (same as the SN stop in Kigali on the way to Entebbe).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.