Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2009, 9:54 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by mikeef
...Does it have something to do with the fact that the available rates all appear to be fully pre-paid?

Thanks,
Mike
It sounds as if the hotel forgot to close out the DAILY0 rate plan.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:40 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I'm giggling at your signature line William!
"Guess what goes here next. No, really...make a guess: http://tinyurl.com/http-makeaguess-com "
Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
I have seen this quite a bit including last week when trying to make a reservation for this past weekend. After explaining this to the Platinum Conceirge, and consulting with her supervisor, she was able to make it happen.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by pagotto
I have seen this quite a bit including last week when trying to make a reservation for this past weekend. After explaining this to the Platinum Conceirge, and consulting with her supervisor, she was able to make it happen.
I didn't say it wasn't possible to "make it happen". Only that the hotel forgot to close out the DAILY0 rate plan and that is why they were showing the Internet Only rates as bookable online, but no others.

But, there are two ways this can fall...either the hotel really has no rooms to sell and it isn't going to happen or they made a mistake and closed out rates when they should have and it will.

Glad to see that yours was among the latter.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Aug 3, 2009, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Great Q2 Promotion for me - Thanks!

This promotion netted me 3 nights at the Royal Hawaiian and 2 nights at the Sheraton Kauai towards a trip to Hawaii that was already planned. Because of this promo I'm spending an extra night in Hawaii (courtesty of spg) and saving the 100K Marriott points I originally planned to use ^.

Just wish the St. Regis Princeville opened in August! Oh well... can't have everything...
Old Aug 3, 2009, 12:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

I have had a ball with this promotion. I've gotten to stay or have yet to stay Ws, St Regis, and Luxury Collection properties where I wouldn't have otherwise stayed. Thank you, Starwood!
Old Aug 3, 2009, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Let me add my note of thanks to those above-great promo for me.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Sorry for my naivete, but I'm not really sure what this means and what I should do to get into my preferred hotel. Should I just call and ask them to check on the DAILY0 rate? Thanks!

Mike
Old Aug 3, 2009, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
Sorry for my naivete, but I'm not really sure what this means and what I should do to get into my preferred hotel. Thanks!

Mike
Regrettably, it means that they really don't have any traditional rooms for you to book, so there won't be any FWN's for only August 22nd. Unfortunately, your situation did not play out like pagotto's did.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Aug 3, 2009, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
I had a stay over the weekend that just posted to my account (check in 7/31, check out 8/1) but it didn't increment a FWN. I know that I was one away because I had a FWN and then stayed at another properly 2 weekends ago that didn't increment my earned award and then this stay over this past weekend.

Does it usually take a day to update my award? I'm a little anxious because I already have 1 FWN left and with this one posting it'll be my last 2 that I want to book.

This promo has been awesome for me. I've booked:

2 nights at the Westin in Madrid, Spain
1 night at the Le Meridien in Barcelona, Spain
3 nights at the St. Regis Monarch Beach
2 nights TBD...probably Vegas or Palm Springs

The only downside is that I travel a pretty good amount to get these awards and all these FWN just means I'm away from home almost every weekend until 9/30. But I guess that's not so bad...

RVD.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
My fun is not done!

This has been a great promo. Had lots of wonderful stays at properties only dreamed of staying at given the rates. Fortunately more stays to come before the end of September 2009. Thank you to Starwood.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Of course your fun is not done!

You still likely have free nights to use!

In addition, you should see a nice chunk of DL/NWA FF miles 6-8 weeks from now!
Old Aug 3, 2009, 7:23 pm

I too am enjoying the rewards of this promo.

Instead of three nights on business away from the family next week, I now have five nights with the family, in including our two babies, all upgraded to a suite, thanks to this particular promo.

Cheers,
Old Aug 3, 2009, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Rock72
I had a stay over the weekend that just posted to my account (check in 7/31, check out 8/1) but it didn't increment a FWN. I know that I was one away because I had a FWN and then stayed at another properly 2 weekends ago that didn't increment my earned award and then this stay over this past weekend.

Does it usually take a day to update my award? I'm a little anxious because I already have 1 FWN left and with this one posting it'll be my last 2 that I want to book.

This promo has been awesome for me. I've booked:

2 nights at the Westin in Madrid, Spain
1 night at the Le Meridien in Barcelona, Spain
3 nights at the St. Regis Monarch Beach
2 nights TBD...probably Vegas or Palm Springs

The only downside is that I travel a pretty good amount to get these awards and all these FWN just means I'm away from home almost every weekend until 9/30. But I guess that's not so bad...

RVD.
fyi, it's posted. maybe it just took a little bit of time and i was impatient.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Rock72
..........3 nights at the St. Regis Monarch Beach............RVD.
Good to see that you got a stay here! Haven't been so lucky yet, but will keep on trying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.