Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Starwood hotel in Atlanta?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
DCFlyer....but what is an "NA Westin"....
I'm guessing, but I think this would mean "North American Westin".
Old Jun 11, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306
5. W Perimeter (now Le Meridien). I stayed here when it was a W -- interesting layout with full kitchens in the rooms (many are suites). Near Perimeter mall, so not the best location but at least there are stores and restaurants within walking distance. Friendly staff, clean rooms although they felt a bit tired
I have stayed here since it was rebranded as Le Meridien and remodeled, and I must say you have it ranked way too low now.

The kitchenettes, etc have been completely removed. The interior has been entirely redone and the rooms are very spacious, as is the club lounge. On the top two floors, the windows are floor to ceiling.

I would bump it up to top 3 definitely, and a top SPG hotel in the Perimeter North Area. I have stayed twice since the remodel, and have been upgraded to a top floor (12th floor) suite both times.

I always stay in the Perimeter area so I can't comment on the more southern hotels. I do know that the internet at the Sheraton Perimeter, to put it bluntly, sucks.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Phasers
I have stayed here since it was rebranded as Le Meridien and remodeled, and I must say you have it ranked way too low now.

The kitchenettes, etc have been completely removed. The interior has been entirely redone and the rooms are very spacious, as is the club lounge. On the top two floors, the windows are floor to ceiling.

I would bump it up to top 3 definitely, and a top SPG hotel in the Perimeter North Area. I have stayed twice since the remodel, and have been upgraded to a top floor (12th floor) suite both times.

I always stay in the Perimeter area so I can't comment on the more southern hotels. I do know that the internet at the Sheraton Perimeter, to put it bluntly, sucks.
good to know since I need a Le to close out the SPG set for all brands.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by cottonpatch
Probably North Atlanta Westin or Westin Perimeter Center.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:13 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hilton Diamond Bonvoy Ti/LTP Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Phasers
Great to hear this about Le Meridien Perimeter, but top 3 in greater Atlanta?? Location location location!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Is there a reason no one has mentioned the Sheraton Atlanta Downtown?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey, I love this property, great upgrades and service, but many here find the location and age of the property a negative.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 4:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by greathustle
Great to hear this about Le Meridien Perimeter, but top 3 in greater Atlanta?? Location location location!
Well for those of us whose business is north of downtown, the LM is the best of the three Perimeter properties. However the price delta between it and the Westin mean I have to split my time between them. The Westin is fine, a bit isolated in an office park; however the food there is excellent if you don't feel like driving somewhere for dinner. I haven't been to the LM for oh two months so I'm not sure if they've finished building out the restaurant or not. The bar menu is kind of blah but there are many options nearby and the Capitol Grill is just across the (very busy, be careful, no x-walk) Perimeter road.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by cottonpatch
Yes, this. Westin Buckhead is very nice for a North American Westin (also has a lounge, which is a rarity among Westins in North America)
Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know when the Aloft Downtown Atlanta will open?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Its OTP (barely), but I was recently impressed with the Sheraton Atlanta Perimeter North. This property is only a reasonable option if business takes you to North Atlanta / up 400.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Exclamation recommend Sheraton Atlanta

I spent most of the Labor Day weekend @ the Sheraton Atlanta, and I can recommend it:
+ SPG lounge (5th floor, south tower) offers hot & cold hor doeuvres, a good selection of cold cereals, fruit, and breads in the am;
+ the staff are very professional (esp. Shirley in the SPG lounge);
+ there is a decent gym & pool along with a self-serve laundromat!

The problem with the Westin is its too big/impersonal! The rest of the SPG properties are driving distance!
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I spent most of the Labor Day weekend @ the Sheraton Atlanta, and I can recommend it:
+ SPG lounge (5th floor, south tower) offers hot & cold hor doeuvres, a good selection of cold cereals, fruit, and breads in the am;
+ the staff are very professional (esp. Shirley in the SPG lounge);
+ there is a decent gym & pool along with a self-serve laundromat!
I have to second this opinion. This is a very well managed and staffed Sheraton, not a cookie-cutter hotel (especially the pool area), and a bargain for rewards at Cat 3.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:26 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
Does anyone know when the Aloft Downtown Atlanta will open?
It was supposed to open this past spring then this summer, but you know how that goes. It has since been pushed back to January, so I'm assuming it should be open by next summer

P.S. - It also looks like they're going to look at building a new Aloft in Buckhead, assuming reports from a few weeks are somewhat viable.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I spent most of the Labor Day weekend @ the Sheraton Atlanta
What were you dressed as?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.