Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Quarter 4 Promotion coming September 16, 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quarter 4 Promotion coming September 16, 2008

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2008, 10:33 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by pvalenci
What's the FlyerTalk bonus?
See the sticky at the top of the forum.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 1:37 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
This question is for Lurkers. Lurkers, will stays from Sept 1-16 qualify for this new promo? I have a couple of stays during this time frame. If they will qualify for the new promo, I might switch from award to paid stays...
I'm not one of the Lurkers, and I can't answer the question, but I'd like to add to it: Will the promotion count for stays Sept. 16-30? Typically, quarterly promotions are announced a couple of weeks or so before the month in which they go into effect.

It looks to me like Starwood has had quarterly promotions that are 1 month out of phase with the calendar (e.g., 4th quarter ending Nov. 30), and they're shifting to be in-phase with the calendar (e.g., 4th quarter ending Dec. 31), leaving September with no quarterly promotional coverage at all. This may have something to do with the FT September-only promotion, since FTers are the population most likely to notice that Sept. is a month without any quarterly promotion in effect, if my hunch is correct.

So, Lurkers, am I right?
Old Aug 24, 2008, 4:30 pm

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
Helena Handbaskets, I've been thinking the same thing. Thanks for asking, I'll be watching for the answer.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:20 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Dear BW, snufl and Helena,

I do not have an answer yet as nothing has been revealed to us on the upcoming promotion that will be announced on September 16.

William might have an answer on his end though.

[email protected]
Old Aug 25, 2008, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ldsant
Hyatt FFN launched this week so perhaps this is a promo to actually compete against this promotion.
Just out of curiosity..... SPG ever did something similar to Hyatt's current FFN (essentially, book a stay and get a one free night in the future at any Hyatt property)?
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:19 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
Just out of curiosity..... SPG ever did something similar to Hyatt's current FFN (essentially, book a stay and get a one free night in the future at any Hyatt property)?
Yes, in 2000-02 or so SPG had Free Weekends in which 5 paid nights earned 2 Free Fridays at any *wood hotel & 5 more (total of 10 during the earning season) earned 2 Free Saturdays.
BTW, it takes 2 Hyatt stays to earn a FFN.

Last edited by Brendan; Aug 25, 2008 at 8:25 am
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Brendan
Yes, in 2000-02 or so SPG had Free Weekends in which 5 paid nights earned 2 Free Fridays at any *wood hotel & 5 more (total of 10 during the earning season) earned 2 Free Saturdays.
BTW, it takes 2 Hyatt stays to earn a FFN.

Last year, my wife received a quartely promotion whereby two (2) separate SPG stays (of any length) generated 1 free weekend night at SPG hotels up to and including Category 5 properties. As I recall, the maximum free nights that could have been earend from her quarterly promotion was three (3) free weekend nights.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:40 am

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
If it is, they better advance the announcement as some of us with "dual-loyalty" need to be able to compare the two promos, but are yet constrained by the booking period expiry (tomorrow) of one Hyatt promo (25% off discount) which will help reduce the cost of earning FFNs even further

Originally Posted by ldsant
Hyatt FFN launched this week so perhaps this is a promo to actually compete against this promotion.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:57 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Oh yeah, NJ, I forgot about those! Maybe because I didn't earn any or maybe was not targeted!
Old Aug 25, 2008, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Brendan
Oh yeah, NJ, I forgot about those! Maybe because I didn't earn any or maybe was not targeted!

I was not targeted, either, but fortunately, she was!

Just was mentioning since earning free nights is apparently an option under the upcoming SPG promotion, but non one knows how it will shake out. It could be ala FFNs, like my spouse's promotion last year, or it could be in the manner they had offered a couple of years ago to many others.

My bet is that it will be in the way that they previously had offered.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
This question is for Lurkers. Lurkers, will stays from Sept 1-16 qualify for this new promo? I have a couple of stays during this time frame. If they will qualify for the new promo, I might switch from award to paid stays...
William, do you have some info on this??
Old Sep 2, 2008, 2:46 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by HanL
William, do you have some info on this??
Hi all,

I have answers for those concerned with the eligibility of stays over certain period.

For the "You Choose" promotion to be announced in details on September 16, stays in September will NOT be eligible. The eligibility period for "You Choose" is October 1st through December 31st.

[email protected]
Old Sep 2, 2008, 2:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II

For the "You Choose" promotion to be announced in details on September 16, stays in September will NOT be eligible. The eligibility period for "You Choose" is October 1st through December 31st.
Thanks for this. That has just helped me to decide on when to take a leisure stay in late Sept / early Oct!
Old Sep 2, 2008, 7:20 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Hi all,

I have answers for those concerned with the eligibility of stays over certain period.

[email protected]
This is extremely bad news for me because my September stays make up about 30-35% of this year's hotel activity.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 1:17 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
and very good news for me with the bulk of my upcoming stays in November and December,,^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.