Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Compiled list of future W, aloft and element Starwood properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Compiled list of future W, aloft and element Starwood properties

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2007, 5:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
aLoft in Vegas is no surprise, but of all places why isn't there a W Vegas already?! Isn't this place prime location for a W property? I guess I really don't get it when it comes to Ws.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Jun 26, 2007 at 6:23 pm
Old Jun 26, 2007, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
LOL. Sorry, I didn't even know that there was going to be a W in Ft. Lauderdale.

I guess someone should tell DMG about it first as well. They don't appear to know about it either and they have to build its database and load its rate plans before any booking can be done.
No worries - will keep waiting then.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 4:08 am

Programs: AGR WOH
aloft Portland (Oregon) (Airport)
9920 NE Cascade Parkway
Press release at HotelInteractive says it's at Cascade Station, the development with the IKEA two MAX stops short of the airport. Developer also owns the PDX airport Sheraton. Now, when will we get an aloft inside PDX?
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by sc flier
Correct. The aloft Brooklyn and the Sheraton Brooklyn are going in together at 216-228 Duffield St near Willoughby St.

4P SoHo Village has indeed been discussed for a very long time. It has been sounding as if it is finally coming along and really will open soon.

"Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square" seems to be the official name for the 4P at 8th and W 40th. (West 40th -- Not 40th in Brooklyn.)

On Canal St is the Sheraton Tribeca. There have been some significant foundation construction problems at this location, so expect this opening to be delayed.

The new Sheraton JFK Airport is unrelated to the old Sheraton JFK that left Starwood a year or so ago and became a Crowne Plaza. Location: 132-26 S Conduit Ave, Jamaica, NY.
very very interesting. I missed the one near the Port Authority (it will be right across from the new NY Times bldg!)

I like the trend of smaller, slightly more intimate properties, but on the other hand, these hotels have little meeting space.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 3:51 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Post aloft announces new hotels in Beijing, Bangkok and Sydney

Press Release Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

Aloha, Asia Pacific!
Thursday June 28, 10:12 am ET
aloft announces new hotels in Beijing, Bangkok and Sydney

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--aloha! Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.® (NYSE:HOT - News) and its much-anticipated new lifestyle brand, aloft(SM) hotels, brings the new twist in travel to Asia Pacific as it grows its footprint in the strongest growth region worldwide. aloft has so far announced hotels in Beijing, the capital city of China; in Sydney, Australia's economic powerhouse; and today, announced its first hotel in Southeast Asia - aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11.

Press Release
Old Jul 2, 2007, 7:25 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
aloft Bangkok is incorrectly listed under China. Should be Thailand.

Proposed:
aloft Indianapolis - 150 rooms. Proposed for a new project called Penn Center near the corner of Pennsylvania St and Chesapeake St. Also proposed (but less certain to be approved) for this project is a 240-room Le Meridien.

Edited to add:
aloft Woodbridge, New Jersey - 126 rooms. Opens 2009. (details are at bottom of page in the link.) This is the same developer as for aloft Mount Laurel.

Last edited by sc flier; Jul 2, 2007 at 12:19 pm Reason: added Woodbridge
Old Jul 2, 2007, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA PLAT; Hilton Gold; Hertz #1 Gold
any updates on the W Sunset in LA?
Old Jul 11, 2007, 8:18 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus 1K, DL Gold Medallion, SPG Platinum
W Williamsburg (Brooklyn)!

According to Curbed http://www.curbed.com/archives/2007/...d_maybe_wd.php,
W Williamsburg or aLoft Williamsburg is well underway (in the planning stages, that is). The area is very up and coming (I live right across the street), and according to the comments section, the Dep't of Trans. has plans to build a marina and water access right across the street from the Starwood property... Seems promising.

The only thing question is whether or not it will be a W. I tend to think it will be (rather than an aLoft) because it is said to be hotel/condo, and I don't think aLoft's are being built with condos... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyone have any further info?
Old Jul 12, 2007, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
A recent article from USAToday on the development and design of the aloft brand. Would be interesting to know where the test location is located and if it can be visited.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...oft-side_N.htm
Old Jul 12, 2007, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by nickio
According to Curbed http://www.curbed.com/archives/2007/...d_maybe_wd.php,
W Williamsburg or aLoft Williamsburg is well underway (in the planning stages, that is). The area is very up and coming (I live right across the street), and according to the comments section, the Dep't of Trans. has plans to build a marina and water access right across the street from the Starwood property... Seems promising.

The only thing question is whether or not it will be a W. I tend to think it will be (rather than an aLoft) because it is said to be hotel/condo, and I don't think aLoft's are being built with condos... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyone have any further info?
The artist drawings on the developer's website for 11 Broadway (must click "11 Broadway to see the pics) are quite clearly of an aloft hotel. Looks like a standard type of aloft hotel and a residential tower. I would guess that the tower is not directly related to the hotel other than that the developer is putting it all together in the same area. I doubt it's being marketed as an "aloft Hotel & Residences."

This is a neighborhood in Brooklyn -- not the city of Williamsburg, VA. I didn't find that to be too obvious to those of us that don't live right across the street. Did I miss some indication that the name would be "aloft Williamsburg" rather than something like "aloft Williamsburg Bridge" or "aloft Brooklyn - Williamsburg Bridge"? (Among these, my vote would be for the last name. I might change my mind on this since there's already an "aloft Brooklyn" in the works within a mile of the Brooklyn Bridge.)
Old Jul 23, 2007, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Proposed aloft for Palm Springs, CA seems to be dead after all! I travel to PS regularly so I have been following this site near the PS convention center for a while now. If you look at the past couple of years they have proposed virtually every Starwood brand hotel for downtown Palm Springs:

First a Starwood Luxury Collection
then a Westin
then an aloft
then back to a Westin
but now will finally be a Mondrian!!

Here's a link if anyone is interested in the most recent article:

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dl...16/1011/news05

So PS is getting a Hard Rock Hotel and a Mondrian but still no aloft or other SW property!

Last edited by christianj; Jul 30, 2007 at 11:22 am
Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Seems like the W planned for Toronto did not pan out after all.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 7:36 pm

Programs: aaexp/4mm and change, starwood platinum
new w in hkg

i looked at the starwood site for this property and it says that it is not participating in the spg program. anybody know anything. hkg needs another starwood property badly.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 8:02 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Anybody know if the W in Istanbul is still on schedule to open January 1st? Would like to plan a trip in January...if it will actually be open.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by alankyman
i looked at the starwood site for this property and it says that it is not participating in the spg program. anybody know anything. hkg needs another starwood property badly.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, alankyman!

Until an SPG category is determined for a property, they always say "No SPG Participation." For regular hotels, this almost always changes when they start taking reservations closer to the opening date.

Broken Record Reference 1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.