Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Compiled list of future W, aloft and element Starwood properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Compiled list of future W, aloft and element Starwood properties

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2007, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Wow! I go out of town to the Westin La Canterra San Antonio for a week and I come back with this many additions to the OP. You are all keeping me busy!

Have added all of the info listed in the last couple of days. I listed the two O'Hare properties (element and aloft) as O'Hare, IL since we don't know exactly where they will be. Some of the O'Hare properties are listed as Rosemont and I think the 4Pts. is listed as Shiller Park, IL so I will just leave them at O'Hare for now!
Old Apr 2, 2007, 10:04 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by christianj
Some of the O'Hare properties are listed as Rosemont and I think the 4Pts. is listed as Shiller Park, IL so I will just leave them at O'Hare for now!
Welcome back, Christian! Hope your stay in San Antonio was good!

Your thought process on the town names was just the little clue that I needed to come up with this news blurb to identify the location of an aloft within five minutes of O'Hare.

And that article led me to another article with even more juicy details:
Located just across from the Stephens Convention and Conference Center, Rosemont Walk is currently under construction, with many of its facilities being completed this year and next.

Christopher Stephens, the new general manager of the Stephens Convention and Conference Center, said that Rosemont Walk will include:
-- an 18-screen themed movie mega plex by Muvico, including a children’s playroom; stadium seating; a VIP entrance and valet parking
-- a 575-room luxury Le Meridien Hotel, with a McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant; a Capital Grille and Osteria di Tramonto; an additional restaurant by Cenitary Restaurants and Rick Tramonto of TRU
-- a 254-room ALOFT Hotel by Continental Hotels (owners of the W chain of hotels)
aloft Chicago O'Hare, Rosemont, IL -- 254 rooms. Opens summer 2008 at Rosemont Walk.

OT: Le Meridien Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Old Apr 4, 2007, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by sc flier
aloft San Antonio
(I'm not certain of the name. I wonder if this might be one of two coming to San Antonio?)

http://www.alamocityhotels.com/
"ALoft Hotel by Starwood"
411 S. Flores Street
San Antonio, TX
Opening Summer 2008
Indeed, there are at least TWO alofts now planned for San Antonio.

A large retail, office and residential development on the city's far North Side will soon be home to a novel, upscale take on the limited-service hotel.

San Antonio-based Santikos Development recently sold about 6 acres of land to hotel developer The Summit Group Inc. The land is located off of Sonterra Boulevard -- within Santikos' mixed-use development called Legacy.

Plans for the land call for two hotels, according to Dan Hansen, executive vice president and chief development officer for The Summit Group.
Construction on the first hotel is slated to get under way in about 60 days. The new hotel will be called Aloft.
aloft San Antonio Legacy (Name not confirmed.) -- 138 rooms. Opens summer 2008. Located on 100 acres of land at Loop 1604 and U.S. Highway 281 on the city's far North Side.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 12:26 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Post aloft Sydney Airport and introduction to India market

Press Release Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

Starwood Hotels Brings a New Twist in Travel to Sydney
Thursday April 5, 1:07 pm ET
Announcing aloft Sydney Airport, O'Riordan Street, Scheduled to Arrive in 2009

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. & SYDNEY, Australia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--aloha! Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.® (NYSE:HOT - News) and its much-anticipated new lifestyle brand, aloft(SM) hotels, today announced it has signed an agreement with Argus Developments Pty Ltd (a subsidiary of Tuscan Corporation) to develop the first aloft hotel in Australia, the aloft Sydney Airport, O'Riordan Street. Located in Sydney, Australia's economic powerhouse and world renowned tourist destination, the 161 room hotel is conveniently located within one mile of the Sydney International Airport, on O'Riordan Street in Mascot, Sydney. The hotel is expected to open in 2009.

Conceived by the same team that created W Hotels, aloft delivers affordable, stylish design, accessible technology and a refreshing new attitude to the lodging industry. In the same way that W Hotels broke through the clutter of conformity in the upscale hotel arena, aloft will raise the bar in the select-service category, offering a total sensory experience with urban-inspired, loft-life guest rooms, leading edge technology services, and an energetic lounge scene.

"We say aloha, mate! as we introduce aloft hotels down under," said Ross Klein, President of Starwood's Luxury Brand Group and aloft hotels. "Travelers visiting Sydney will now have a fun new way to play and stay with our latest destination sensation, aloft Sydney Airport, O'Riordan Street."

Press Release

Aloha! A New Twist in Travel Arrives in India
Thursday April 5, 12:19 pm ET
Starwood Hotels Introduces Its New Lifestyle Brand -- Aloft Hotels -- at the 2007 Hotel Investment Conference in South Asia - Hicsa Mumbai

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. & MUMBAI, India--(BUSINESS WIRE)--aloha! Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT - News) and W Hotels have done it again. Infused with the DNA of W - aloft hotels formally launched in India today at the 3rd Hotel Investment Conference South Asia in Mumbai.

Press Release
Old Apr 5, 2007, 2:33 pm

JHM Hotels of Greenville, SC, let the following slip out on their website and later took it off.

Aloft a W Hotel - Atlanta Airport - Millenium Center (currently under development)
Aloft a W Hotel - Greenville (currently under development)
Aloft a W Hotel - Orlando Convention Center (currently under development)
Element a Westin Hotel - Orlando Convention Center (currently under development)

I assume that the ATL Airport location will be adjacent to their Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport / Millenium Center located at 2301 Sullivan Road, College Park, Georgia. I'm not sure what Millenium Center is. (Other than a mispelled variation of "Millennium.")

OT also coming from JHM: The Westin Washington Dulles Airport (currently under construction)
Old Apr 6, 2007, 7:22 am

15 alofts in India by 2012

http://www.telegraphindia.com/107040...ry_7613323.asp

"The plans are for Aloft hotels in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Bangalore and Hyderabad."

This announcement was expected, but this was the first number that I've seen related to this plan. These five cities already have a Starwood presence.

OT: On a related note, Starwood and ITC Hotels is settling on an agreement to extend their alliance. Several of the ITC properties will join the Luxury Collection. ITC will no longer have exclusive rights to the Sheraton brand in India. I'm not sure if sorting out this relationship was essential for the aloft announcement, but the timing was certainly close. Expect some new ITC properties to join Starwood -- starting with WelcomHotel New Delhi becoming a Sheraton. The Westin brand is coming to India "latter this year in association with the Vatika group at Gurgaon, Sohna and Bangalore."

Last edited by sc flier; Apr 6, 2007 at 7:28 am
Old Apr 9, 2007, 7:50 am

aloft Richmond West, Short Pump, VA -- 135 rooms. Opening fall 2008. Located in West Broad Village near intersection of I-64 and W Broad St.

Source: Richmond Times-Dispatch
"The aloft planned for West Broad Village will be above the Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant, said Kim Schlick, director of marketing for the LTD Management Co., the Chesapeake-based hotel development and management group that will operate the local unit."
Old Apr 9, 2007, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by A320 EOW

Starwood Hotels Brings a New Twist in Travel to Sydney
Thursday April 5, 1:07 pm ET
Announcing aloft Sydney Airport, O'Riordan Street, Scheduled to Arrive in 2009
Hmm - would be nice to have one in the CBD area too. But I suppose the airport isn't too far away from the downtown area - only 4 or 5 stops on the train IIRC. Or bring the W back!
Old Apr 13, 2007, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
Portland - not sure if this is in OR or ME
Winchester - not sure if this is in MA or VA
Rumors:
aloft Winchester: identified as Virginia -- not Massachusetts.
aloft Portland: identified as Oregon -- not Maine.

aloft Greenville Airport -- Parkway East, Greenville, SC. In addition to this airport location adjacent to the Marriott, there might also be another aloft coming to the downtown Greenville area. But I don't think that a downtown area aloft is certain yet. There's also a Sheraton coming to the intersection of Pelham Rd and I-85, I think. These two properties may be at the same location, but I don't have any evidence of that yet. All of these Greenville properties (including the Marriott) are handled by JHM Hotels, I believe.

aloft Savannah, Georgia -- W Bryan St, Savannah, GA. Exact location not known.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sc flier
aloft Minneapolis -- "A swank Starwood aloft property is set to go into the Zenith project near the Guthrie Theater." But a June 2006 article claims that negotiations were leading toward this being a W.
Evidently is going to be an aloft and not a W! Official press release info on aloft Minneapolis:
http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/1...0/4031042.html

Last edited by christianj; Apr 16, 2007 at 11:00 am
Old Apr 16, 2007, 11:27 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AAdvantage, Northwest, Continental
All I know is that I am excited to try the new brands.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 12:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
The means that I had a hard time interpreting where it was coming from myself. But, after the umptenth internal document from aloft beginning with the word "aloha", I've come to a decision that it is probably something that is brand-related. How? Sorry...I missed that meeting.
Sorry that I'm late to the discussion, but looks like the "check-in" desk will be called the aloha Station at aloft hotels. Hello and good bye - I thought that was clever.

[It also means I Love You - but that may cross the boundry for some people. ]
Old Apr 16, 2007, 8:00 pm

aloft Las Vegas Paradise Place

aloft Las Vegas -- NE corner of Flamingo & Paradise Rd. 14 stories. 235 rooms. Opening Q2 2009. "Paradise Place" hotel complex.

Developer Jeff LaPour is also developing the element in nearby Summerlin. This aloft is located about a mile east of the Strip and 3/4 mile east of the Westin. There's a Roy's Restaurant in the next block over, and I used to go to a middle eastern restaurant in a strip mall that I guess will be demolished for this new hotel complex. Three other hotels are planned to share this 5-acre site, but brands have not yet been announced. I would imagine that some discussions might be going on for one of them to be another element. If my vote counts for anything, a Four Points would be a nice Vegas addition.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Element (and also a Westin) for Chantilly, VA confirmed:
http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/1...0/4031106.html

Element for Toronto, ON, Canada confirmed:
http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/1...0/4031091.html

aloft for Mount Laurel, NJ was also confirmed on the *W website on 4/4/07.

Last edited by christianj; Apr 19, 2007 at 8:48 am
Old Apr 19, 2007, 2:39 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Post aloft Rogers, AR press release

aloft Brings a New Twist in Travel to Rogers, Arkansas
Thursday April 19, 2:00 pm ET
aloft Rogers Breaks Ground on April 19, 2007

WHITE PLAIN, N.Y. & ROGERS, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--aloha! Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT - News) and its much-anticipated new lifestyle brand, aloft hotels, announced today that aloft has partnered with CSKhotels, LLC to break ground on its first hotel in Arkansas.

aloft Rogers, located at the intersection of I-540 and New Hope Road, is just blocks from the heart of Rogers' newest and most dynamic development areas, offering a refreshing alternative to the current lodging options. The six-story, 130-room hotel gives business and leisure travelers easy access to nearby business centers and local attractions, such as the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport, Wal-Mart's corporate headquarters, Pinnacle Hills and the Promenade. In addition, aloft Rogers is a mere half hour drive from the University of Arkansas. The property is expected to open its doors in early 2008.

Press Release

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.