FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compiled list of future W, aloft and element Starwood properties
Old Jul 12, 2007, 3:12 pm
sc flier

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by nickio
According to Curbed http://www.curbed.com/archives/2007/...d_maybe_wd.php,
W Williamsburg or aLoft Williamsburg is well underway (in the planning stages, that is). The area is very up and coming (I live right across the street), and according to the comments section, the Dep't of Trans. has plans to build a marina and water access right across the street from the Starwood property... Seems promising.

The only thing question is whether or not it will be a W. I tend to think it will be (rather than an aLoft) because it is said to be hotel/condo, and I don't think aLoft's are being built with condos... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyone have any further info?
The artist drawings on the developer's website for 11 Broadway (must click "11 Broadway to see the pics) are quite clearly of an aloft hotel. Looks like a standard type of aloft hotel and a residential tower. I would guess that the tower is not directly related to the hotel other than that the developer is putting it all together in the same area. I doubt it's being marketed as an "aloft Hotel & Residences."

This is a neighborhood in Brooklyn -- not the city of Williamsburg, VA. I didn't find that to be too obvious to those of us that don't live right across the street. Did I miss some indication that the name would be "aloft Williamsburg" rather than something like "aloft Williamsburg Bridge" or "aloft Brooklyn - Williamsburg Bridge"? (Among these, my vote would be for the last name. I might change my mind on this since there's already an "aloft Brooklyn" in the works within a mile of the Brooklyn Bridge.)