Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

EXPIRED: Earn up to Four Free Nights at Le MERIDIEN: redeem by 3/31/09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EXPIRED: Earn up to Four Free Nights at Le MERIDIEN: redeem by 3/31/09

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2008, 7:33 pm
Community Director Emerita

That's awesome, CIT85. I suspect several will benefit from your post.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
LEM at Le Parker Meridien

I just came back from a 2 night stay at Le Parker Meridien using my LEM certificates. After the various complications in making my reservation, and with my online reservation showing rack rate of $999 per night, I had no problem checking in. The front desk agent informed me that my 2 night stay has been taken care of and the check in confirmation I signed had a rate of $369 per night. Check out was also very straight forward, without any room charges.

I was pre-assigned a junior suite on the 11th floor facing 56th St and Starbucks across the street. The room had a rotating TV between the sitting area and the bedroom.

Everyone I encountered at the hotel was very nice, except for a French female concierge who was not particularly helpful when I asked about best way to drive out of Manhattan to NJ Turnpike on morning of Dec. 31. Considering that it took me 2-1/2 hours to get through Holland Tunnel on Sunday night, I was not about to get stuck going out due to New Year's Eve barricades.

There were probably more French tourists in the hotel than Americans during my stay. Street noise is also quite loud and takes a bit getting used to.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 12:35 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Is the boat transfer charge 4600 xpf @ Bora Bora included in this free night award?
Old Jan 6, 2009, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by jimmychang
Is the boat transfer charge 4600 xpf @ Bora Bora included in this free night award?
Interesting question. I assumed that this is similar to a resort fee and we have no choice but to pay it? But perhaps someone who recently went could shed some light on this?
Old Jan 6, 2009, 3:21 am

Programs: AA Plat for Life, Starwood Platinum, HH Gold
The boat transfer is NOT included...but it is a nice ride. While you're there it's also worth taking the free shuttle boat (multiple times a day) to the "LM base" where there is a small supermarket with excellent fresh baguettes and other sundries.

Last edited by VanMan; Jan 6, 2009 at 3:25 am Reason: clarification
Old Feb 6, 2009, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
2007/8 Free Meridien Night Promo

I tried searching for the results but couldn't find anything meaningful.

The Meridien free nights accrued under this promo were Valid until early 2009, does anyone recall whether they were valid until the end of March 2009 or the end of April 2009?

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Feb 6, 2009 at 9:51 am Reason: Moved into master thread
Old Feb 6, 2009, 7:13 am
Suspended

End March 09

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.