Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

EXPIRED: Earn up to Four Free Nights at Le MERIDIEN: redeem by 3/31/09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EXPIRED: Earn up to Four Free Nights at Le MERIDIEN: redeem by 3/31/09

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2008, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Snow Goose
You can get a good deal close to home. From march 10 to 22nd the King Eddie has a March Break special rate of $159 per night (any day of week). Too bad you aren't platinum... Plats get fantastic treatment at the Eddie (suite upgrade, plus access to the very well stocked Royal Club). In any event, you can either make a night of it or show up and check in, then leave if it is simply a mattress run.

SG
I'll second that... in early January this year I was given a Plat upgrade to a two room suite and did enjoy the Club Lounge. Nice service. No complaints, except for a running toilet--easily avoided given the size of the suite.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

It took at least 20 minutes, but we very congenially sorted out that indeed I have earned 4 free nights.
I had a similar problem. The PC even informed me that I had to use the four days in one shot - and this was confirmed by his supervisor.

William fixed it.

SanDiego1K - How do you plan to use your four days? I am looking for inspiration for great options apart from the South Pacific.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kluau88
Man I would be upset if I heard it took 14 stays
The way I am planning my stays, it looks like I will end up with more than 14 LM nights. Trouble with me is that I want to enjoy my stays as well
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:21 am

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
King Eddie??
Sorry... that is a local name that is very well known in YYZ and surrounding areas, but not elsewhere. I should have clarified that I was speaking of the Le Meridian King Eward hotel in Toronto.

SG
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:23 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
SanDiego1K - How do you plan to use your four days? I am looking for inspiration for great options apart from the South Pacific.
Outside the South Pacific, the two properties I'm eyeing are:
  • Eden, Rome - QF009 had a recent very nice trip report on it. It is 25K points/night, so a great use of these free nights.
  • LM Piccadilly, London - I know it gets so so reviews on FT, but I stayed there in January. It is the perfect location in London for me, and they have a CS manager who is very focused on service for SPG elites. We had a great room and a great stay.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 3:26 pm

Let me be the first one to confirm that LM bora bora can be booked with this promotion!

I was able to secure four nights at LM Bora Bora for May (and the agent said the month of May is pretty much wide open!).

I am probably going to change the dates based on the flight availability though.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 5:50 pm

Outside the South Pacific, the two properties I'm eyeing are:
  • Eden, Rome -
  • LM Piccadilly, London -
Many thanks. They both seem good options.

I did toy with the ides of Bora Bora but given the flight times (arrival/dparture), the expense (FF miles or cash), and the fact that I lucked into a Spa Villa during my recent trip to the Maldives, I decided to give the South Pacific a miss.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:38 am

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
That's good to know as we're planning 5 free nights in May as well if we can get the AAdvantage Air Tahiti 35k JFK-PPT promo award ... problem is, while I have no problem finding JFK-PPT outbound flights, PPT-JFK inbound flights have so far been hard to come by.

Originally Posted by brahms77
Let me be the first one to confirm that LM bora bora can be booked with this promotion!

I was able to secure four nights at LM Bora Bora for May (and the agent said the month of May is pretty much wide open!).

I am probably going to change the dates based on the flight availability though.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Does anyone know if LM is planning on expanding? The closest LM to me right now is in SF! and I live in LA!
Old Mar 4, 2008, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by stimpy
Thanks to William for posting and no thanks to me for not noticing it til now. Double no thanks to Starwood for not sending out an email blast.

I just registered, but I don't suppose my LM stay a few days ago will retroactively credit?
William? I recall you were going to look into this? My 1st LM stay was on 12/8 and I didn't find out about this promo and register til 12/9. Can you retro this for me? The guy at SPG I just spoke to say he couldn't. He also said I would have to book my free stay before March 31st so I assume he doesn't really know the rules. Right?
Old Mar 5, 2008, 7:58 am
MKB

William? I recall you were going to look into this? My 1st LM stay was on 12/8 and I didn't find out about this promo and register til 12/9. Can you retro this for me? The guy at SPG I just spoke to say he couldn't. He also said I would have to book my free stay before March 31st so I assume he doesn't really know the rules. Right?
I had a similar issue. But when I checked the full t&c's here, they don't exclude stays prior to the registration date (provided within the promotion period), which surprised me. In fact, they even state that you can register for this promotion right up until 3/31 which would have to be 3/28 if pre-registrations didn't qualify.

So, I called SPG to see if they were interpreting the conditions as written. The first agent (on the Ireland number) didn't know anything about the LEMFN promotion. He transferred me to a supervisor. She was very helpful and confirmed that my three Le Meridien stays were indeed pre-registration, but that I had qualified for one free LEMFN award so far.

Hope that helps.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:04 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
William? I recall you were going to look into this?
LOL. No, I don't remember, but thanks for the reminder.

My 1st LM stay was on 12/8 and I didn't find out about this promo and register til 12/9. Can you retro this for me? The guy at SPG I just spoke to say he couldn't. He also said I would have to book my free stay before March 31st so I assume he doesn't really know the rules. Right?
I don't think any retro will be necessary. You've had four qualifying stays to date and earned one award. Sounds kosher to me.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 10, 2008, 8:58 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
So far, I have not been able to check on anyone's experiences because:

1) no one who has sent me their account number seems to have earned an award yet. gonna be critical that I be able to see an LEMFN on an account before I can verify anything.

2) those who seem to have earned LEMFN awards have not contacted me about any problems they may have had.
Mr. Lurker,

I'm running into problems redeeming my LEMFN nights.

I'd booked at the Eden Hotel in Rome for this month, but needed to change to May. The nights were available, and I made/changed the booking, but the reservation is not able to be completed.

They are quoting the problem to be the increase in Category, from 6-7. I mentioned that the Eden Hotel is listed as a participating property and that the promotion does not seem to mention and category numbers in the terms and conditions. But was just sent an email regretfully declining the booking.

Are you able to confirm eligibility for those hotels listed as participating? Any advice?

thanks in advance,
Sean
Old Mar 10, 2008, 2:00 pm
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Mr. Lurker,

I'm running into problems redeeming my LEMFN nights.

I'd booked at the Eden Hotel in Rome for this month, but needed to change to May. The nights were available, and I made/changed the booking, but the reservation is not able to be completed.

They are quoting the problem to be the increase in Category, from 6-7. I mentioned that the Eden Hotel is listed as a participating property and that the promotion does not seem to mention and category numbers in the terms and conditions. But was just sent an email regretfully declining the booking.

Are you able to confirm eligibility for those hotels listed as participating? Any advice?

thanks in advance,
Sean
Thanks for letting me know. An award has now been created for Category 7 hotels to be redeemed using LEMFN. I think if you call back now, you will get a different answer; however, if you don't, escalate it to a supervisor.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 10, 2008, 2:50 pm
Community Director Emerita

Thanks, William. I've got my eye on the Eden - need to decide between it and Bora Bora - and really appreciate you sorting it for us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.