Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

EXPIRED: Earn up to Four Free Nights at Le MERIDIEN: redeem by 3/31/09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EXPIRED: Earn up to Four Free Nights at Le MERIDIEN: redeem by 3/31/09

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2008, 7:34 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I'm running into problems redeeming my LEMFN nights...
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Thanks for letting me know. An award has now been created for Category 7 hotels to be redeemed using LEMFN. I think if you call back now, you will get a different answer
YES! It was a piece of cake. Starwood lurkers once again proving to be an invaluable tool...

My booking in Rome is now completed & confirmed.

I apreciate your assistance.
thanks again,
stp
Old Mar 11, 2008, 9:21 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Are you able to get a detailed view of the reservation on spg.com?
My reservations appear in my "upcoming stays" list - but when I click on them they can't find the details...
Old Mar 22, 2008, 4:27 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I just had a poor Concierge speak to 3 separate supervisors and was told by all of them that Bora Bora was not possible to book. FAIL

But then when I asked to speak to one of the supervisors I got the lead CSR Supervisor for North America who was awesome and sorted it all out and "coached" the others through it apparently.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 7:51 pm
Community Director Emerita

We must be in the minority to have chased this promo and then want to use our free nights to book the top properties, given the CSR's unfamiliarity with how to book. Typical FTers! And what an awesome promo. I'm already hoping that Meridien will repeat it a year from now.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:43 am

Programs: SPG LTP
Worked like a breeze : stays in France, Germany & Egypt LM's, redeemed four nights at LM Barcelona, Spain (cat 5). Great promo !
Old Mar 23, 2008, 8:45 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We must be in the minority to have chased this promo and then want to use our free nights to book the top properties, given the CSR's unfamiliarity with how to book. Typical FTers! And what an awesome promo. I'm already hoping that Meridien will repeat it a year from now.
Maybe some are a bit turned off by the difficulty in getting to some of the top properties. If you're in the US it's not really an easy or cheap promotion either. Granted, the LM SF had cheap stays this weekend and last weekend, it's not the norm for this property. It did take myself a couple glances at this before I started accruing stays for this promo considering I could have started doing this promo in December.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Just completed my 7th stay last night at the LM SF. Now have to find out where to burn the 4 "free" nights. Personally I would not have burned at the LM Barcelona because their rates aren't that high.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by holtju2
Just completed my 7th stay last night at the LM SF. Now have to find out where to burn the 4 "free" nights.
Me too. But we have about a year to think about it, right?

I love the Hotel Des Indes. I might spend a night or two there.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 3:49 am

Hi!

This is for the Starwood Lurkers to help clarify, as they always do
With regards to the LM Promo ... it states that ...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explore the world around you with Le Méridien, and earn free nights for your voyage of discovery. Begin your journey today, and earn up to four free nights at any Le Méridien, anywhere in the world.

* Earn one night for your first three stays.
* Earn one more night for your next two stays.
* Earn two more nights on your next two stays after that.

That's a total of four extra nights to find the unexplored-spend a day in San Francisco, Paris, Dubai, Mauritius, Bali, Bora Bora, or the Seychelles. Simply book and stay by March 31, 2008 to take advantage of this special offer.

Owing to some oversight, I realized that I have only done 3 stays ... as there
were 2 other stays at LMs done on C&Ps, which do not qualify.

1) If I make a total of 6 qualifying stays, do I earn 2 free nights or 3 free nights, as it states that "Earn two more nights on your next two stays after that." So, will the 6th stay earn a free night, or will it not qualify?

2) Due to time constraint, its gonna be almost impossible to complete 4 more stays @ the local LM. I made a call to cust service to clarify how does one qualify for a "stay". Basically, I was told that if you checked-out and checked-in 24hrs later, then they would be considered 2 stays. However, if it was less than 24hrs, it would be a consecutive stay (1 stay) only. Is that confirmed?

3) Next if thats the case, if I checked in at 11am and checked out on the same day, say at 8pm, as I just need the room for a day, but paying the full daily rate. Would that qualify as a qualifying stay towards the promo?

4) Well, if thats possible, I could check-in on 26/3 @ 11am & check-out on the same day @ 8pm, to catch my 11pm flight, for my 4th qualifying stay.
5) Check-in on 27/3 @5pm & check-out the next day, 28/3 @2pm, for the 5th qualifying stay.
6) Check-in again on 29/3 & check-out on 30/3 for the 6th qualifying stay.
7) Finally, check-in on 31/3 & check-out on 1/4 for the 7th qualifying stay, to claim 4 free nights!

However, if the day-stay paid at normal daily rate is not treated as a qualifying stay, then ... there goes the plan to make up for my oversight!

Okay then, looking forward for the ever reliable lurkers to sort things out!!!

Cheers!
Old Mar 25, 2008, 8:01 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Posting of LEMFN reward nights

How long does it take for LEMFN reward nights to appear on one's account after the stays have been credited ? Should I also expect an e-mail confirmation ?

Thanks,
Yann
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:15 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by yann
How long does it take for LEMFN reward nights to appear on one's account after the stays have been credited ? Should I also expect an e-mail confirmation ?

Thanks,
Yann
Generally-speaking, it can take up to 72 after your last qualifying stay is credited to your account. YMMV on that; however, you will not be notified.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:39 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Does a check-in on March, 31 and check-out in April count? According to my understanding of the T&Cs: yes. Can anybody confirm please?
Old Mar 26, 2008, 3:21 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Generally-speaking, it can take up to 72 after your last qualifying stay is credited to your account. YMMV on that; however, you will not be notified. [...]
And where/how will I find out when they have posted ? Do I need to call SPG ?

Thanks again,
Yann
Old Mar 26, 2008, 4:10 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Hi Yann,

Yes, my dear. Do contact your nearest customer contact centre to find out if you have been awarded free nights for the Le Meridien Journey promotion.

Thank you and have a nice day!

[email protected]

Originally Posted by yann
And where/how will I find out when they have posted ? Do I need to call SPG ?

Thanks again,
Yann
Old Mar 26, 2008, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Squzair
Hi!
Hi .... Can one of the Starwood Lurkers or anybody please help clarify my questions below .... thanks a million!!

This is for the Starwood Lurkers to help clarify, as they always do
With regards to the LM Promo ... it states that ...
Explore the world around you with Le Méridien, and earn free nights for your voyage of discovery. Begin your journey today, and earn up to four free nights at any Le Méridien, anywhere in the world.

* Earn one night for your first three stays.
* Earn one more night for your next two stays.
* Earn two more nights on your next two stays after that.

That's a total of four extra nights to find the unexplored-spend a day in San Francisco, Paris, Dubai, Mauritius, Bali, Bora Bora, or the Seychelles. Simply book and stay by March 31, 2008 to take advantage of this special offer.

Owing to some oversight, I realized that I have only done 3 stays ... as there
were 2 other stays at LMs done on C&Ps, which do not qualify.

1) If I make a total of 6 qualifying stays, do I earn 2 free nights or 3 free nights, as it states that "Earn two more nights on your next two stays after that." So, will the 6th stay earn a free night, or will it not qualify?

2) Due to time constraint, its gonna be almost impossible to complete 4 more stays @ the local LM. I made a call to cust service to clarify how does one qualify for a "stay". Basically, I was told that if you checked-out and checked-in 24hrs later, then they would be considered 2 stays. However, if it was less than 24hrs, it would be a consecutive stay (1 stay) only. Is that confirmed?

3) Next if thats the case, if I checked in at 11am and checked out on the same day, say at 8pm, as I just need the room for a day, but paying the full daily rate. Would that qualify as a qualifying stay towards the promo?

4) Well, if thats possible, I could check-in on 26/3 @ 11am & check-out on the same day @ 8pm, to catch my 11pm flight, for my 4th qualifying stay.
5) Check-in on 27/3 @5pm & check-out the next day, 28/3 @2pm, for the 5th qualifying stay.
6) Check-in again on 29/3 & check-out on 30/3 for the 6th qualifying stay.
7) Finally, check-in on 31/3 & check-out on 1/4 for the 7th qualifying stay, to claim 4 free nights!

However, if the day-stay paid at normal daily rate is not treated as a qualifying stay, then ... there goes the plan to make up for my oversight!

Okay then, looking forward for the ever reliable lurkers to sort things out!!!

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.