Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

EXPIRED: Earn up to Four Free Nights at Le MERIDIEN: redeem by 3/31/09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EXPIRED: Earn up to Four Free Nights at Le MERIDIEN: redeem by 3/31/09

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:13 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Guava
I think William was hinting very strongly that LM Bora Bora free nights should be booked into the Speciality 2 Suite. See the number of successful examples here is the best proof. Now, if you call them back, they said no again, then ask to speak to a supervisor, take down their names. If this still does not resolve the issue, I think you should PM William or Starwood Lurker II who is based in Asia, servicing Asia Pacific members.
Absolutely, he/she should try to get the LEMFN award booked instead of RACK. However, there are two Category 7 LEMFN suite awards available for this promotion at Le Meridien Bora Bora: LEMFN7SU and LEMFN7S2, so if the Specialty 2 Suite you were booked in is not available, he/she may still be only able to be booked into the lower category suite.

But, it all begins with getting the RACK rate changed to an LEMFN award of some type.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Apr 8, 2008, 7:25 am

Programs: SPG Platinum/Hyatt Diamond
Bora Bora

Thank you Guava - and William. I called SPG U.S. last night. Got someone in California who promises (after consultation with her supervisor and contact directly with LeMeridien Bora Bora) to iron this thing out. I'll let you know what happens.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Bringing this out of the woodwork, has anyone got a list of the properties available? May try a last minute bank holiday booking. thanks Send me a PM if you have it.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by nonsoloinglese
Bringing this out of the woodwork, has anyone got a list of the properties available? May try a last minute bank holiday booking. thanks Send me a PM if you have it.
You may wish to clarify precisely what you are asking.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 7:51 am
iwc

Promotion ended 3/31/08, redemption through 3/31/09.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 8:20 am

has anyone got a list of the properties available under this promotion?

I qualified and have 4 free nights, just want to find what properties are under the promotion?
Old Apr 9, 2008, 8:24 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
has anyone got a list of the properties available under this promotion?

I qualified and have 4 free nights, just want to find what properties are under the promotion?
check T&C from registration page: all participating Le Méridien hotels are listed
Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by LH738
check T&C from registration page: all participating Le Méridien hotels are listed
Seen as I have already registered it does not let me see the T&Cs, is it all LeMeridien properties?
Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Seen as I have already registered it does not let me see the T&Cs, is it all LeMeridien properties?
It would not include any Le Meridien properties that do not participate in Starwood Preferred Guest. Otherwise, any Le Meridien property participates in this offer.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
It would not include any Le Meridien properties that do not participate in Starwood Preferred Guest. Otherwise, any Le Meridien property participates in this offer.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Thanks William, so as the Tokyo properties come out of SPG they will not be available any more to redeem this promotion on, or would they stick to the terms of the promotion and continue to be available?

I cant see the terms of the promotion so can't tell which ones were/are available.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks William, so as the Tokyo properties come out of SPG they will not be available any more to redeem this promotion on, or would they stick to the terms of the promotion and continue to be available?

I cant see the terms of the promotion so can't tell which ones were/are available.
Hard to say really. I assume that if you can book the Tokyo hotels now for Preferred (free) Night Awards, then you can also book them for LEMFN. However, if the hotels leave and tell us that they aren't honoring any awards, then you might be out of luck staying there.

Personally, if it was me, I would make the reservation for a Le Meridien property that I know is not going to leave, especially if my arrival date was after their projected departure date from Starwood.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:29 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ml?promoID=LEM

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ml?promoID=LEM
Old Apr 10, 2008, 7:29 am

Programs: SPG Platinum/Hyatt Diamond
Bora Bora

Just to put my story to rest for a while, I was able, after a lot of phone time, to get my rate plan changed to SPG7/Suite Upgrade (from 'rack rate'). I will be staying for at least the four LeMeridien award nights ... but this won't be until January of 2009. Hopefully by then I will have been upgraded to the 'Polynesian Bungalow' that so many of my fellow flyertalkers seem to have received as a matter of course when first booking their 'free' rooms. We shall see - and thanks for your support.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 8:15 am

Location: NORTH AMERICA, SOUTH AMERICA, EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, SOUTH AFR, ASIA AND OCEANIA
Originally Posted by choco
Just to put my story to rest for a while, I was able, after a lot of phone time, to get my rate plan changed to SPG7/Suite Upgrade (from 'rack rate'). I will be staying for at least the four LeMeridien award nights ... but this won't be until January of 2009. Hopefully by then I will have been upgraded to the 'Polynesian Bungalow' that so many of my fellow flyertalkers seem to have received as a matter of course when first booking their 'free' rooms. We shall see - and thanks for your support.
hi choco, your LEM stay is still months away... if i were you i would pray hard hopefully this property will still be a Starwood property by then so that you don't have to scratch my head..
Old Apr 11, 2008, 3:00 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I am using my nights in Rome. Noticing the different booking codes for Bora Bora, is there a higher category award code that will book me in a superior room for Rome as well.

thanks in advance,
stp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.