Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[GONE] Sheraton Krabi, Thailand [Master Thread] (left July 1, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Leaving Starwood on July 1, 2015

The Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort will be leaving the Starwood system on July 1, 2015. Reservations for dates on or after July 1, 2015, will not be eligible for Starwood Preferred Guest membership benefits, award redemption or accrual.
Print Wikipost

[GONE] Sheraton Krabi, Thailand [Master Thread] (left July 1, 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Call the hotel and give them your flight details.
There'll be someone from hotel waiting on your arrival.

Taxi mafia outside hotel will bring you back for 500bht if you bargain.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 7:32 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
You can email them at [email protected]
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:35 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
I took a private hotel car 800B for 2 people. I figured out if it's going to costs me 700B for 2 in a van, I might as well go with a private car.
Very nice too. New car, and with seat belts (which is a rare modity coming from BKK).
Old Jan 15, 2008, 6:11 pm

Programs: LT Platinum Marriott/Starwood; Exec Plat AA; LT Plat AA
Originally Posted by mario33
Can someone confirm that taxi fare from Krabi Airport is prepaid (like in Phuket) at BHT600 per car ??
Yeah that sounds about right. Might have been 100BHT more or less.... It was in a private car, paid for at the airport. Piece of cake really.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 6:15 pm

Programs: LT Platinum Marriott/Starwood; Exec Plat AA; LT Plat AA
Originally Posted by SNA1K
I took my Garmin GPS with me and purchased the Thailand maps from them and that made this a breeze. We drove all around the area and then on to Phuket and we were thankful for the Garmin as once you get out of the touristy area none of the signs have Latin alphabet translations on them anymore.

I agree with your trip report TooMuchTravel--we were there for 5 days after Christmas so we may have overlapped with your time there.
You just made me purchase a Garmin... I had no idea it worked in places like Thailand... THANKS!

(You just missed me... I was there early December)
Old Feb 4, 2008, 3:13 am
Suspended

Avis

Originally Posted by yang1980
I found there is Avis car rental inside hotel? Anyone rent there?
Yes, I rented there (booked on internet) and I was not impressed.

Incompetent (was told my pickup was at airport though I indicated the hotel location), high handed (forced to sign a cc preauthorisation of approx USD600), rude (manager told me to book elsewhere when I requested preauthorisation slip to be returned to me when I drop-off car in Phuket) and lazy (car not properly cleaned and they also didnt fill up the tank before delivery).
Old Feb 4, 2008, 3:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by adamak
I took a private hotel car 800B for 2 people. I figured out if it's going to costs me 700B for 2 in a van, I might as well go with a private car.
Very nice too. New car, and with seat belts (which is a rare modity coming from BKK).
Agreed.

Its BHT850 for the "hotel" car which uses a fairly new Toyota Camry and careful driver. Operated by the same company as "Avis" which also runs the scheduled shuttle to Ao Nang.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Yes, I rented there (booked on internet) and I was not impressed.

Incompetent (was told my pickup was at airport though I indicated the hotel location), high handed (forced to sign a cc preauthorisation of approx USD600), rude (manager told me to book elsewhere when I requested preauthorisation slip to be returned to me when I drop-off car in Phuket) and lazy (car not properly cleaned and they also didnt fill up the tank before delivery).
Typical "big rental chain" behaviour in Thailand I have found. All the big chains are franchised in Thailand and I have found the franchisees to be of poor quality. The only car rental company I will now use in Thailand is Master Car Rental, who I have found to be very good and very professional. Unfortunately they do not have an office in Krabi, which is why when we got married at the Sheraton last year I flew to Phuket and drove from there (we were always going to visit Phuket when we left Krabi anyway).
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:09 am

Can anybody tell me about the bathrooms. My fiancee is very concerned about having nice bathrooms and is not impressed with the pictures she has seen. She had wanted to go to Krabi but is now saying Khao Lak because she thinks the rooms and especially the bathrooms are better there.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 3:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hindukid
Can anybody tell me about the bathrooms. My fiancee is very concerned about having nice bathrooms and is not impressed with the pictures she has seen. She had wanted to go to Krabi but is now saying Khao Lak because she thinks the rooms and especially the bathrooms are better there.
Not sure about the standard rooms, but the bathroom in the suite is very large and bright with 2 windows (comes with shutters ). Not exactly luxury but the polished tiles finish is quite pleasant.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Not sure about the standard rooms, but the bathroom in the suite is very large and bright with 2 windows (comes with shutters ). Not exactly luxury but the polished tiles finish is quite pleasant.
I agree the suite bathrooms were very pleasant, with a bath and seperate shower, twin sinks (IIRC) nice tolietries and very spacious.

The normal rooms had a pretty standard hotel bathroom, with bath over shower sink and loo all in quite a small space. The standard room bathrooms are functional and clean rather than luxurious and impressive. I haven't seen the interior of a Zen room so I don't know if there are any bathroom differences (but I assume in any event that they are exactly the same size as the standard bathrooms).
Old Mar 5, 2008, 12:47 am

I think the standard bathrooms at Le Meridien Khao Lak are a bit better. As long as you don't mind the window around the bath (does have blinds). The bath is deeper and more comfortable than the ones at Sheraton Krabi.

Also, I have stayed in normal and Zen rooms at Sheraton Krabi and the only difference I could remember was that the tiles in the Zen bathroom were blue instead of green and the Zen room had a coffee machine. Zen rooms were on the top floor of the building. Apart from that I don't think there is any other difference.

Last edited by mileagemax; Mar 5, 2008 at 12:54 am
Old Mar 5, 2008, 1:13 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Hi mileagemax,

As far as I remember(when I was there last December), some of the Zen rooms have separate showers and bathtub facilities whereas the standard rooms have both of them combined.

Thank you and have a nice day!

[email protected]

Originally Posted by mileagemax
I think the standard bathrooms at Le Meridien Khao Lak are a bit better. As long as you don't mind the window around the bath (does have blinds). The bath is deeper and more comfortable than the ones at Sheraton Krabi.

Also, I have stayed in normal and Zen rooms at Sheraton Krabi and the only difference I could remember was that the tiles in the Zen bathroom were blue instead of green and the Zen room had a coffee machine. Zen rooms were on the top floor of the building. Apart from that I don't think there is any other difference.

Last edited by Starwood Lurker II; Mar 5, 2008 at 1:23 am Reason: Adding extra information
Old Apr 30, 2008, 12:25 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Weather in May / transportation ?

We have a booking coming up at the Sheraton Krabi in May, and have a couple questions remaining:

- What kind of weather would we get in this season ?
- How much hassle should we expect if we were to just book a taxi at the airport ?
- Is it possible to rent a motorbike in order drive around and visit town freely, like it is in Khao Lak ?

Thanks,
Yann
Old Apr 30, 2008, 3:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (thanks to SPG), AA Life Gold, UA Life Gold
Originally Posted by yann
- How much hassle should we expect if we were to just book a taxi at the airport ?
- Is it possible to rent a motorbike in order drive around and visit town freely, like it is in Khao Lak ?

Thanks,
Yann
No problem with hiring a taxi at the airport and quite reasonable. There are two booths after you depart customs and you just purchase your ticket there.

No problem catching a motorbike for the surrounding area, but it might be a bit of a haul to go all the way to Ao Nang. We had a car and it was about 20 minutes each way so you can judge from there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.