Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[GONE] Sheraton Krabi, Thailand [Master Thread] (left July 1, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Leaving Starwood on July 1, 2015

The Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort will be leaving the Starwood system on July 1, 2015. Reservations for dates on or after July 1, 2015, will not be eligible for Starwood Preferred Guest membership benefits, award redemption or accrual.
Print Wikipost

[GONE] Sheraton Krabi, Thailand [Master Thread] (left July 1, 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2005, 9:11 pm
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
There is no club/lounge, and anyway when here you don't want to spend time caged up indoors ! Enjoy yourselves, this is a lovely hotel.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 8:25 pm

Review: Thumbs up to Sheraton Krabi!

Hi

Returned from a week-long glorious stay at the Sheraton Krabi. In a nutshell, I'll give it 4.5 stars (out of five). Best bit was its low season rate of USD65 nett, and we got upgraded to an Executive Suite. Here's some tips/experience if you're heading or planning to go:

i. There's only six suites, and if you're getting one, ask for one in the "A" building, as it will have a sea view. The one on the ground floor has a huge patio, but it overlooks a popular walk path to the beach. The one on the third floor has an open air patio but if it rains, you wouldn't get to use it.

ii. In the low season, there are two options for breakfast - "Mangosteens" and "Geckos". Head to the latter, as it's much quieter and overlooks the beach. In the normal season, there's only the former.

iii. Spa prices are rather high. To get most out of your money, head to the Nakamandara (could be misspelt here), which is just a seven minutes walk away. It's a very classy place, and its spa prices are about 20-30% lower.

iv. There're loads of cheaper food outlets/restaurants a stone's throw from the Sheraton. There's one which is about two minutes away. Just head to the beach and turn right, you won't miss it. We ate most of our meals there. As a comparison, the buffet price for two diners at the Sheraton was about USD45 (with 2 non-alcoholic drinks). A meal for two outside the hotel was about USD15, inclusive of 2 alcoholic drinks.

v. We had informed the front desk for a wake-up call every morning (so we could go for an early stroll on the beach). What was truly awesome was upon our return, there was a pile-high plate of cookies waiting for us! A mini-treat before our breakfast. (BTW, every suite comes with an espresso machine as well).

All in all, the Sheraton Krabi's a super place, if you just want to chill, lay in a hammock, read a book, sip a cocktail, be with your partner while listening to the waves lapping on the shore.

Last edited by lesmiz99; Nov 1, 2005 at 8:28 pm
Old Dec 17, 2005, 2:13 pm

Sheraton Krabi down to Cat. 1 from 2

I was just looking around at possibilities to book for next year before any more upward point changes occur in the new year and was pleasantly surprised to see that this hotel is down one category. It seems that this years changes are happening a little earlier than usual and a few at a time.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Category Point Requirement Increase???

Something must be wrong....

Starwood Preferred Guest
SPG Category 1 : 3000 To 4000 Starpoints for a free night
IIRC, Cat 1 properties have been 2000 to 3000 points a night, no?
Old Dec 17, 2005, 4:12 pm

jkc22 where did you take that quote from? I still see SPG category 1 as 2000 and 3000 points for redemption.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Overview
View Special Offers at the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort.

Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort is situated in the unspoilt and exotic province of Krabi. Our resort enjoys a beachfront location on the 1.8 km long Klong Muong Beach and we are only 30 minutes from Krabi airport.

Nestled discreetly in sixteen landscaped hectares, all 246 guest rooms, including 30 Zen rooms and six Executive suites, feature refined Thai design influences, giving a unique urban resort feel.

The resort is equipped with an extensive range of audiovisual technology and can comfortably accommodate meetings or incentive groups.

Escape and refresh your senses in this untouched haven and experience the true warmth of Thai hospitality at the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort.

GUEST ROOMS & AMENITIES

Wireless High Speed Internet Access in Guest Rooms by Request (Charge)
Coffee and Tea Maker
International Direct Dialing
Non-Smoking Room
Satellite Channels
HOTEL SERVICES

Beach Access
Children's Program
Fitness and Spa Facilities/Services
Tour/Excursion Service
24-Hour Room Service

MEETING & EVENT FACILITIES

Number of Meeting Rooms: 4
Largest Meeting Room: 2013sq. ft.
Largest Meeting Room Seats: 228
Smallest Meeting Room: 527sq. ft.
Smallest Meeting Room Seats: 10
RESTAURANTS & LOUNGES

Mangosteen's
Gecko's (Signature Restaurant)
The Deck
Martinis
CocoVida

LOCAL AREA

Ao Nang
Railay Beach
Phi Phi Islands
Phang Nga Bay
Trang
DRIVING DIRECTIONS

CHECK IN 2:00 PM CHECK OUT 12:00 PM
Starwood Preferred Guest
SPG Category 1 : 3000 To 4000 Starpoints for a free night
Although this is quoted on the Hotel Main Page....I'm assuming it's a typo, since when I tried to make a dummy booking, it gave the correct number of points required (i.e. 2000, 3000 for Cat 1)
Old Dec 18, 2005, 7:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Check out my posts in this thread for a possible explanation.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502948
Old Dec 30, 2005, 3:11 pm

Back to Cat. 2

I hope that anyone who was interested snagged this one while they could, when I looked today it was back to Cat. 2.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
Sheraton- Krabi, Thailand

Just checked out of the Sherton in Krabi,Thailand.
It is wonderful resort but I have one bug to pick!
It has no internet access in your room. They only have dial up access in your room and high speed is only available in the lobby.
This is the very 1st Hotel I have stayed at in the last 3 years that does not have high speed available in your room?
Old Dec 26, 2006, 9:42 am

Programs: UA Premier, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Silvercity
Just checked out of the Sherton in Krabi,Thailand.
It is wonderful resort but I have one bug to pick!
It has no internet access in your room. They only have dial up access in your room and high speed is only available in the lobby.
This is the very 1st Hotel I have stayed at in the last 3 years that does not have high speed available in your room?
I'll be there next week for four days and am very much looking forward to it. Got a question for you about upgrades -- I'm booked in one room, as a Gold; a friend who is also coming with me is booked in another as a Platinum.

I imagine it's pretty full, and my Plat friend obviously has a better chance than I do, but did you get any kind of upgraded room there?
Old Dec 26, 2006, 9:50 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
There are only 6 suites for the entire property...

...so i would say NO...as a plat who has been there twice I was 0/2 on upgrades...that being said the rooms are nice (but the beds are surprisingly hard) and the breakfast buffet is great...but i definately wouldnt count on a u/g.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 12:57 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll post a report when I get back.

Does anyone happen to know whether the prices on the hotel's excursion packages (boat tours, kayaking, etc.) are relatively competitive with what we might find by leaving the resort to book stuff?
Old Dec 27, 2006, 7:29 am

Programs: AmEx Centurion, SPG Platinum; LH Senator; Sixt Platinum; HHonors Gold
Prices are slighly on a high side, but the tour operator they were using a year ago was very good and was using brand new boats, so it was a really good deal after all.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Merlion
Prices are slighly on a high side, but the tour operator they were using a year ago was very good and was using brand new boats, so it was a really good deal after all.
Great, thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 3:26 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by toomanywords
I'll be there next week for four days and am very much looking forward to it. Got a question for you about upgrades -- I'm booked in one room, as a Gold; a friend who is also coming with me is booked in another as a Platinum.

I imagine it's pretty full, and my Plat friend obviously has a better chance than I do, but did you get any kind of upgraded room there?
Hi There,
Sorry I didint get back early. I stayed in one of the 'Executive Suites". It was fantastic with lots of room. There are also much closer to the beach but far from the looby! The resort is wonderful. Take a ride into Ah Nong (if i spell correct). Its about 20min from the hotel and its great for shopping and eating. Also accoss the road from the hotel is also a very cheap Thai but good restaturant!
A must see is a day trip to the Koh Phi Phi islands! Its a must be seen because they are one the worlds best looking places.

Aslo regarding upgrades. They will provide some sort of upgrade for Platium memebers. I booked the resort several months earlier and got an upgrade then.

Happy New Year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.