Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: SPG and Priceline

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2005, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
It has been quite hard to get starpoints for incidentals since the new priceline/hotwire/etc policy went into effect as it appears very few hotels really understand what the new policy is. At least in my experience, no luck unless one faxes the receipt into spg...then it works like a charm. I haven't stayed in a starwood on a priceline in awhile...but earlier this year I had to fax it every time to get my starpoints on incidentals.

Regarding upgrades, as a gold...don't expect much...even when booking on spg.com I don't have much luck period on upgrades not to mention on a priceline ... which of course they don't have to do

Last edited by Renard; Jan 22, 2005 at 11:41 pm
Old Jan 23, 2005, 12:53 am

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
It's an easy choice. I'll take Priceline and the George Washington DollarPoints every time.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 2:27 pm

Programs: Co Plat - Marriott Plat
Getting Creidt For Priceline Stay

The search is gone- I'm SPG gold and have a priceline stay at the Westin LAX. Has anyone gotten an upgrade with the discounted room? What about the night counting twards plat? or getting points for the stay?

Can I call SPG and give them the reservation number and have them add my SPG number to the reservation?

Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 2:39 pm
Community Director Emerita

You will not get credit.

Please see this thread;

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354800

And this response from Starwood Lurker within that thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...01&postcount=5
Old Apr 12, 2005, 2:40 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by CraigS
The search is gone- I'm SPG gold and have a priceline stay at the Westin LAX. Has anyone gotten an upgrade with the discounted room? What about the night counting twards plat? or getting points for the stay?

Can I call SPG and give them the reservation number and have them add my SPG number to the reservation?

Thanks.
Regrettably, the answer is "no" to all these questions.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Basically most of the hotel chains I think had discontinued to give you miles or points if you booked through a 3rd party, and this had made clear quite a long time ago.
Old May 4, 2005, 8:12 pm

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
Priceline Discretion

I know the SPG policy on priceline stays, but I am curious if each property has it's own discretion on this. I am SPG Gold.

I recently booked at a Westing in YHZ through priceline. I didn't mind doing this because the Westin is the ONLY 3* property to come up in that city over the last 2 years. If I felt there was even a chance to end up in anything but the westin, I probably would have booked on SPG.com.

If there is discretion, any tips on a tact to use?

Thanks for any thoughts.
Old May 4, 2005, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Don't count on much. You can visit my prior thread on SPG treatment of priceline customers for a healthy discussion. However, it can't hurt to call the hotel and add your # to the rez record, along with room requests.
Old May 4, 2005, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Don't expect any of the elite benefits or stay credit....it happens very very rarely...just smile and think of all the money you saved...that is worth more than any elite status imho
Old May 5, 2005, 5:23 am

I suppose I did save ~80$US. If SPG offered that, and no points, I am sure I wouldn't have worried about points either.
Old May 5, 2005, 9:02 am

I suppose the other question is, if they are willing to enter my SPG number on the reservation, will that even really matter?
Old May 5, 2005, 9:30 am

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Originally Posted by eastcoastcan
I suppose the other question is, if they are willing to enter my SPG number on the reservation, will that even really matter?
Go ahead and enter it, you get credit for incidentals charged
Old May 5, 2005, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Although it doesn't help for status and stay credit, you can still get SPG points on Priceline stays by paying for the bid with your Amex SPG card. I have been doing this all along, as the difference between my corporate preferred and the gold level is minimal (except for the number of points awarded per stay on a non-PL booking). I will save the 75% and earn the points from Amex on what I actually spend on the room. Obviously, I also earn the same SPG points if PL puts me in a non-SPG hotel.

I add the number to the reservation so I can get additional credit on incidental charges - and depending on the property, adding the number will sometimes get you some of the other benefits like 4pm check-out.
Old May 5, 2005, 5:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
I booked on expedia.com last week (after being told by the spg woman to go ahead since they had a cheaper rate). . .went to the hotel (where the difference was $9 btw). I am a Plat. Was told on check in "you don't get anything - we get no revenue from your booking." This was at the Sheraton Bellevue. I know I've previously posted on this, but want folks to realize that status does not matter at *wood unless you book through them directly (and pay higher rates since the brg doesn't seem to work very often for many folks). Stay away from the Sheraton Bellevue (WA). They never did make this right.
Old May 5, 2005, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by ldsant
I booked on expedia.com last week (after being told by the spg woman to go ahead since they had a cheaper rate). . .went to the hotel (where the difference was $9 btw). I am a Plat. Was told on check in "you don't get anything - we get no revenue from your booking." This was at the Sheraton Bellevue. I know I've previously posted on this, but want folks to realize that status does not matter at *wood unless you book through them directly (and pay higher rates since the brg doesn't seem to work very often for many folks). Stay away from the Sheraton Bellevue (WA). They never did make this right.
I'm a little confused on this one ldsant. Why exactly did you think that you were entitled to Platinum benefits on an Expedia stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.