Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: SPG and Priceline

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2011, 6:44 pm

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Club floor is not part of the SPG Gold benefits.
SPG benefits don't apply regardless of status when you booked with priceline, hotwire, etc. YMMV of course if you happen to do get them.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by justspg
SPG benefits don't apply regardless of status when you booked with priceline, hotwire, etc. YMMV of course if you happen to do get them.
Correct but the thread is about gaming the system on Priceline etc stays.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by worldtrav
the thread is about gaming the system on Priceline etc stays.
That's only a small part of this thread.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 1:50 am

Just as an update you can no longer use SPG.com to view Hotwire reservations. I tried to use the feature to bring up a reservation and it said because of my rate I could not display the reservation. My guess is that Starwood doesn't want people to know exactly how litle Hotwire and Priceline pay them for rooms :-)
Old Aug 30, 2012, 7:20 am

Elite Benefits when booked through Priceline

I tried searching the forum and couldn't come up with anything, so apologize if the answer was already out there and i missed it somehow.

My questions is, when booked through priceline as an SPG gold, will i still at least get late check out and preferred room or any of the gold benefits?

Am booked at the Sheraton Atlanta (if that really matters)
Old Aug 30, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
I tried searching the forum and couldn't come up with anything, so apologize if the answer was already out there and i missed it somehow.

My questions is, when booked through priceline as an SPG gold, will i still at least get late check out and preferred room or any of the gold benefits?

they don't have to give you any benefits, and in my experience, they dont, but as always - YMMV
Old Aug 30, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: HH diamond
Per T&C, no stay credit, points, or benefits. Per my experience, T&C are followed.

Don't expect (or demand) anything. Be pleasantly surprised if you do get anything.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
I'm 1 for 2....

...only made a PL booking twice and ended up with a *wood property.
One time in AZ they gave me the jr. suite and the club access anyways, and the other time in Washington DC was given nothing.
So i think its a crap shoot and will also depend on how busy the property is when you visit.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian

Right from the handy dandy The SPG Forum FAQ & Hotel Master Thread List.

FAQ: SPG and Priceline

I book directly, but I've witness numerous check in by people who book with third party vendor be denied benefits.

The Sheraton Atlanta is an "eh" property anyway.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 9:49 am

Thanks a lot guys. Won't be expecting anything then, but i suppose will let them know that i am a gold and hope i at least get a late check out
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:03 pm

Programs: SPG Gold,United 2P
Points or incidentals

I've called before arrival and asked to have my SPG number added. Some have said they couldn't do it because of PL. Then I explained I wanted to get credit for incidentals. Then they comply, and once the number is on the res, I've had ?>50% success in getting elite benefits.
Good luck
Old Aug 31, 2012, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Rexly
I've called before arrival and asked to have my SPG number added. Some have said they couldn't do it because of PL. Then I explained I wanted to get credit for incidentals. Then they comply, and once the number is on the res, I've had ?>50% success in getting elite benefits.
Good luck
I did the same, and they added my number no problem. The stay show's up in my SPG account as well now. Will report back with what happened once i am there.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:34 pm

Well hopefully I'm not going to have a problem, but I was offered free internet access at check in on my PL stay which began yesterday evening. The agent specifically said that it would look like I was being charged when I logged in, but the hotel was covering it as a result of my Gold status.

I also had my Gold status recognized by a different desk agent when I checked into why I hadn't received my voucher for the Green Choice program (decline housekeeping in exchange for $5 vouchers or 500 Starpoints). She said it was a mistake that would be corrected.

Finally found the exclusion for Gold status benefits. Wonder why they would bury it? ;-)

Last edited by lobo411; Jan 26, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.