Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: SPG and Priceline

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2004, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood, Marriott
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Don't know about upgrading a Priceline room. They let you do it on free award nights, so you'd think they would, but Starwood seems to be doing everything possible to make Priceline-booked rooms as unattractive as possible (except, of course, selling the rooms through that channel), so it wouldn't surprise me if you can't do it.

Here's a link to the award chart for Starpoint upgrades. Break out your de-coder ring, though. You'll need it.
Phew... 10,000 to upgrade from a regular rate to a suite!

I hope Starwood Lurker can confirm for me that we can in fact book a room on Priceline and then use our starwood points for an upgrade. Otherwise the suite I want will be over $500!
Old Sep 9, 2004, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
Question

If the hotel can sell the othewise going to be empty rooms through Priceline.com, why can't they give you the otherwise going to be empty suite in exchange of your points?
Old Sep 9, 2004, 6:28 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by peterb1024
Phew... 10,000 to upgrade from a regular rate to a suite!

I hope Starwood Lurker can confirm for me that we can in fact book a room on Priceline and then use our starwood points for an upgrade. Otherwise the suite I want will be over $500!
It has to be done at the property as you are checking in as an Instant Upgrade Award. The property knows how many Starpoints it would cost to get you to a suite. I don't because the award has to be booked from the hotel end of things.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Sep 10, 2004, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
It has to be done at the property as you are checking in as an Instant Upgrade Award. The property knows how many Starpoints it would cost to get you to a suite. I don't because the award has to be booked from the hotel end of things.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
That's what I figured but can it definitely be done? And can it be done in advance (using my points to upgrade to a suite?)

Peter
Old Sep 11, 2004, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
That's what I figured but can it definitely be done? And can it be done in advance (using my points to upgrade to a suite?)

Peter
Um, Lurker said, and you quoted: "It has to be done at the property as you are checking in."

In other words, NOT in advance.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Um, Lurker said, and you quoted: "It has to be done at the property as you are checking in."

In other words, NOT in advance.
reer... fine

I wanted to make sure he meant physically AT the hotel and not through the hotel.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 9:48 am
Suspended

Cool

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker:
It has to be done at the property as you are checking in as an Instant Upgrade Award. The property ....

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

reer... fine

I wanted to make sure he meant physically AT the hotel and not through the hotel.

Do you check in AT the hotel or THROUGH the hotel?
Old Sep 13, 2004, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
reer... fine

Quote from Starwood Lurker: "It has to be done at the property as you are checking in."

What part of that isn't clear???

Did your computer monitor change his words to something else?
Old Sep 13, 2004, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Quote from Starwood Lurker: "It has to be done at the property as you are checking in."

What part of that isn't clear???

Did your computer monitor change his words to something else?
To borrow from another context...

Kathy, wasn't I married to you once????

Old Sep 13, 2004, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by venk
To borrow from another context...

Kathy, wasn't I married to you once????

I don't remember.... which one were you again?
Old Sep 14, 2004, 2:45 am

Do you earn starwood points for rooms booked through priceline

I just booked a Starwood Property through Priceline. Would I still be able to earn points for these?

Also, where can I find a comprehensive list of how much Starwood points you earn for each Starwood propert or partner.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 4:02 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
Originally Posted by purplefish
I just booked a Starwood Property through Priceline. Would I still be able to earn points for these?

r.
for these quite standard questions i suggest you use the search function and all will be revealed.
the answer is no
ceased in 2003,
and you wont get upgraded (officially) but you can ask
Old Sep 14, 2004, 4:27 am

Programs: BD / BA / AF
Originally Posted by ajinlondon
and you wont get upgraded (officially) but you can ask
When did this change? While I knew that these stays didn't receive SPG credit (although you'll still earn credit on your incidentals), I was under the impression that you were still entitled to your SPG benefits?
Old Sep 14, 2004, 4:42 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
Originally Posted by MatthewClement
When did this change? While I knew that these stays didn't receive SPG credit (although you'll still earn credit on your incidentals), I was under the impression that you were still entitled to your SPG benefits?
cant remember the exact date - approx 6mths ago
its detailed somewhere - if ya search for it. -
Old Sep 14, 2004, 7:03 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by MatthewClement
Changed as of January 1, 2004. Announced and discussed here on Flyertalk about five or six months prior to effective date. It was also sent to every elite member in the program via email or direct mail very close to the same time period.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.