Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2500 Bonus Points for Additional SPG Cardholder

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2500 Bonus Points for Additional SPG Cardholder

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:58 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Thumbs up

Got my 2500 points today. That was painless!
Old Sep 5, 2006, 6:29 am

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
Helena - this card is worth $30 a year. It is not about crass. Everytime you apply for a new card it counts against your fico score. The longer your cards have history, the better off you are. This is a great card, and is always my first choice (except that I use my premier pass card when making plane reservations and for food and gas).
Rec - how long did after you got your card did you get your points?
Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:14 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by dgordon
Helena - this card is worth $30 a year. It is not about crass. Everytime you apply for a new card it counts against your fico score. The longer your cards have history, the better off you are.
Yeah, but...

1) I've read on FT from posters who seem to know the credit business pretty thoroughly that the FICO ding is minimal and only lasts 6 months or less.

2) I've also read on FT that there's some chance that cancelling and re-applying after a while has a reasonable chance of earning me another 10,000 - 12,000 Starpoints sign-up bonus.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:29 am

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
The fact that you applied for credit stays on your account for about 2-7 years. Once a year you can check your 3 credit reports and you will see for yourself. Durring the time you are waiting for the offer, you are not able to use this card to get miles. Certainly you will do what you want, and I don't know how much you charge a month, but you won't have it to use for the year you are waiting to apply again - and the 10-12K offers are for 4-6K on usage, the additional bonus miles are for stays at hotels, so unless you stay that frequently, the new card isn't giving you all that much.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Some people are receiving their 2500 bonus SPG points:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601894
Old Sep 15, 2006, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I called and asked. No idea. She asked supervisor, who asked manager. They said they could not sign me up, but gave me this link. This, they said, will kick in the 2,500 points (for the first card only) once it has been used to make a purchase.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 1:43 pm

Signed up but had to call

I got an Amex for my brother who started Grad school this year -- After about 2 weeks, I called AMEX and after some convincing and reading of the e-mail the CS transfered over the points ... showed up next day in my account.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA MM, UA Gold
I was activating my second SPG Amex yesterday and she offered me the 2500 point offer when I was done with the activation. Added my husband.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 4:13 pm

This appears to be designated for new cardholders. By the way for how many months are you "new" ?
Did anyone get it if they had the card for more than one year?
Old Sep 27, 2006, 4:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by best
This appears to be designated for new cardholders. By the way for how many months are you "new" ?
Did anyone get it if they had the card for more than one year?
SPG AMEX holder for 6 years, and I rec'd the offer. Still haven't rec'd the 2500 SPG points though.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Signed up for card 11 days ago, card arrived two days ago, points posted today. Nice follow through on this one, Amex.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
There's a 1.5x bonus promotion that either ends this month or just ended at the end of July. I've been too busy with DL Amex promotions to take advantage of that one.
Are you sure there was this 1.5x bonus promotion in 2006, I remember it in 2005, but not in 2006???? Thank you, Jim
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:40 pm

I also believe there was no 1.5x pts bonus in 2006, only happened for 3 months during 2005
Old Sep 28, 2006, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Originally Posted by iwpingmu
I also believe there was no 1.5x pts bonus in 2006, only happened for 3 months during 2005
I think you are right, but I want to make sure.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 7:18 pm

When calling AE:
1-You are not new,
2-What is promo code?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.