Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2500 Bonus Points for Additional SPG Cardholder

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2500 Bonus Points for Additional SPG Cardholder

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:46 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
still failing...

Tried the approach of the last two people to post, but still striking out. Agent said he'd have a supervisor look into the bonus offer and to expect a call back in 24-48 hours.

Am I just having bad luck?
Old Aug 19, 2006, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by dimsumfan
Tried the approach of the last two people to post, but still striking out. Agent said he'd have a supervisor look into the bonus offer and to expect a call back in 24-48 hours.

Am I just having bad luck?
It could also be that we (the others) were targeted and just did not get the email. I am not sure we will ever know. Either way, good luck.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 3:52 pm

Programs: SPG-Gold, Amex-Plat., AA-Plat.
I got an email Aug 15th about adding a person to my SP AMEX . After reading this thread I went back and reread it, but it does not give any bonus for adding a person. I had already added my husband last year (no bonus of course) so I guess there is nothing in it for me either
Old Aug 20, 2006, 3:23 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Has anyone added a card through the links and had it work? I got a little freaked today b/c I received 2 emails a week apart and NONE of the links worked (except to cancel emails) all went to errors..so

I called and the amex rep knew nothing about a promotion w/o a promtion code (which isn't in the email), I email addresses (that the offer came from) looked weired so I spoke to their web dept. to see if this could be a phishing scam, but not only could they not tell me (just would pass it on) but they couldn't accept a forward of the email so they could see it themselves

Now tonight the link seems to work but before I provide sensitive info want to make sure this is legit.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 11:44 pm
ET

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, SPG
I haven't received an email, but I just wanted to warn you about some CSRs sayng they will enroll you for a promotion. I did something similar awhile back on a different credit card with a double miles (targeted) promo, and the CSR agent was very pleasant and said she'd enroll my card (for the promo). Before I made some large purchases, I called the credit card to verify that my card was registered for the promo --- they said it was not. They said that my account was not targeted for the promo, and the CSR had no authorization to enroll me. I had to provide proof (the email) that the promo offer was made to me. But I didn't get an email so no go.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 8:06 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
I got the e-mail yesterday and enrolled my husband today.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 8:51 am

I receieved the e-mail yesterday.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 9:25 am

Got another email today about adding an additional person, but I still
don't see anything about a bonus of points to do so. Am I missing something
or just unlucky
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:19 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
wintermom, the e-mails reads as follows:

"Take your loved ones on vacation even sooner.
Just turn their purchases into StarpointsŪ by giving them the Starwood Preferred GuestŪ Credit Card from American Express.(1) When you add someone to your account, they'll enjoy the same great Card benefits you do, and you'll earn Starpoints for all their eligible purchases. You'll be amazed at how much faster Starpoints can add up. And now, for a limited time, earn 2,500 bonus Starpoints for the first Additional Card you add. (2)"
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:40 am

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
Just got the secondary card in my own name in yesterday's mail. Now let's see how long it takes to get the 2500 points.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Recreation
wintermom, the e-mails reads as follows:

"Take your loved ones on vacation even sooner.
Just turn their purchases into StarpointsŪ by giving them the Starwood Preferred GuestŪ Credit Card from American Express.(1) When you add someone to your account, they'll enjoy the same great Card benefits you do, and you'll earn Starpoints for all their eligible purchases. You'll be amazed at how much faster Starpoints can add up. And now, for a limited time, earn 2,500 bonus Starpoints for the first Additional Card you add. (2)"
Well I have that email except mine ends at "You'll be amazed at how much
faster Starpoints can add up" - no next line about the 2,500.
My bad luck I guess
Old Aug 25, 2006, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA Exp
I just called and the rep found the promo for 2500 points for EACH of up to 3 more cards. However, he said I was not targeted for the promo.
He also said there was no Promo Code for this.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: UAL:1K, DL:Plat, CO:Plat, HH:Diamond, SPG:Plat
Just added Mrs. MoCheex for an additional 2500 bonus points despite not ever receiving an offer.

Also got an offer to upgrade my Delta card for $50 to receive 10kmiles and 10k medallion miles and a free companion ticket. Not too shabby...to bad I don't fly DL.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 10:34 am

Programs: UA MM, UA Gold
I'm three for three on reps who have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about with this promo.

They set up an "account inquiry" to see if they can make the offer and will inform me via postal mail if I qualify. Sounds like a NO to me.

Last edited by brarob1; Sep 1, 2006 at 10:44 am
Old Sep 1, 2006, 11:20 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
My first year free on the Starwood card is at its end. I won't need to use the card until November at the earliest. I just got the 2500 point bonus for adding another card under my own name. Do you think now would be a crass time to call & cancel the card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.