Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2500 Bonus Points for Additional SPG Cardholder

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2500 Bonus Points for Additional SPG Cardholder

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2006, 8:28 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
called but told no such promotion

I didn't get a targeted email, so I called. But the rep looked twice and couldn't find anything about a 2,500 point offer. Does anyone have a promotional code or other reference I can provide?
Old Aug 16, 2006, 8:49 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Rep also told me they need a promo code. Anyone?
Old Aug 16, 2006, 9:59 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I also called. The rep did not know about it, put me on hold for a couple of minutes, and came back to advise that the offer was sent to random cardholders (i.e., targetted) and that I was not chosen.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:00 am

A email from AMEX"Are you earning all the Starpoints(R) you can?"

Take your loved ones on vacation even sooner.
Just turn their purchases into StarpointsŪ by giving them the Starwood Preferred GuestŪ Credit Card from American Express.(1) When you add someone to your account, they'll enjoy the same great Card benefits you do, and you'll earn Starpoints for all their eligible purchases. You'll be amazed at how much faster Starpoints can add up. [U]And now, for a limited time, earn 2,500 bonus Starpoints for the first Additional Card you add[/U]. (2)

Add as many Additional Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Cards as you like. Each comes with:
No annual fee
The ability to earn Starpoints at the same rate as your Card
Itemized and separated charges on monthly statements for your convenience
The great retail and travel benefits of American Express
Earn Starpoints even faster by adding Cardmembers to your account.Visit americanexpress.com/starwoodbp today.

Unsubscribe Instructions
This e-mail advertisement was sent to [email protected]. If you do not wish to receive e-mail offers from American Express in the future, please click here.

Customer Service
We are unable to respond to account inquiries sent in reply to this e-mail. To contact us by phone, please call the number on the back of your Card. For a list of phone numbers, please click here.

You may also contact us by mail at:
American Express
Customer Service Department
P.O. Box 297817
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33329-7817

Privacy Statement
For details on our e-mail practices, please visit the American Express Privacy Statement.

Terms and Conditions (when applicable)
1. The Additional Cardmember must be 18 or older and never have had a defaulted account with American Express. Any account you have with American Express must not be in default.

2. 2,500 bonus Starpoints will be awarded to your Starpoints Account in 8-12 weeks for an approved Additional Card submitted with this application. Bonus offer applies to first Additional Card only.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:17 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by iwpingmu
I remember SPG AMEX had a better promotion last year.
for 3 designated months, you got 1.5 x regular pts on whatever you spent.
Hopefully they continue this year
There's a 1.5x bonus promotion that either ends this month or just ended at the end of July. I've been too busy with DL Amex promotions to take advantage of that one.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:27 am

Programs: SPG Gold
So no code then
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Richard1148
I also called. The rep did not know about it, put me on hold for a couple of minutes, and came back to advise that the offer was sent to random cardholders (i.e., targetted) and that I was not chosen.
Try again, cus they did it for me.

They looked at my account and mentioned that I am a new member and not sure why the "promo" didn't show on his computer screen, he then put me on hold for about 4 minutes, came back and said that he'll go ahead and add my mom to my account and process the bonus points for me, he even joked about an early free vacation. i thanked him at least 3 times!
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by afang
Try again, cus they did it for me.

They looked at my account and mentioned that I am a new member and not sure why the "promo" didn't show on his computer screen, he then put me on hold for about 4 minutes, came back and said that he'll go ahead and add my mom to my account and process the bonus points for me, he even joked about an early free vacation. i thanked him at least 3 times!
Well, you've had better luck than me. I tried again with a couple of different reps, but they insist there's no promotion and no way they can provide the bonus without a promotion code.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And that is correct. Perhaps if you're targetted it is linked to your account or something automatically.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:35 pm

I got the email. I tried to call to add another card, but the rep said he couldn't find any record of this bonus offer. I guess I'll try again in a few days and see if I have better luck.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 9:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA 2P, AA PLT, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by dimsumfan
Well, you've had better luck than me. I tried again with a couple of different reps, but they insist there's no promotion and no way they can provide the bonus without a promotion code.
Same here. Tried a couple of times and no luck.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Just called and added my second card, GoCanes, Esq.

I was informed that in order to receive the bonus points, YOU MUST MAKE A PURCHASE WITH THE NEW CARD, or else those points will not be posted.

Also, the points will post in 8 to 12 weeks after the first purchase.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by GoCanes
Just called and added my second card, GoCanes, Esq.

I was informed that in order to receive the bonus points, YOU MUST MAKE A PURCHASE WITH THE NEW CARD, or else those points will not be posted.

Also, the points will post in 8 to 12 weeks after the first purchase.
Had you received an email inviting you to apply and get the bonus? Or did you find some other way to do this? That information would be helpful.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by dimsumfan
Had you received an email inviting you to apply and get the bonus? Or did you find some other way to do this? That information would be helpful.
I did not get an email that I can recall. I called up SPG Amex, number on back of card and told them I recalled seeing an email that said something about a 2500 starpoints bonus for adding an additional member. I asked if it was still going on. She said yes and I added myself again and then she told me that the points would post 8 to 12 weeks after my first purchase with the new card.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by GoCanes
I did not get an email that I can recall. I called up SPG Amex, number on back of card and told them I recalled seeing an email that said something about a 2500 starpoints bonus for adding an additional member. I asked if it was still going on. She said yes and I added myself again and then she told me that the points would post 8 to 12 weeks after my first purchase with the new card.

That is exactly what I did! For the ones who have trouble getting the points, just tell them that you have received an email that you vaguely recall

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.